Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Estrogen raise

[Bl...]

[Bl...]

Hello fellow buddies,

Just wanted to pick your brains on HRT/ Thyroid.

I am 12 months off Diazapam. The day before yesterday I was getting sick of my dry eyes/hair and sore breasts and low mood so I thought I would try adding an extra pump of estrogen (I normally take 1 pump). It seemed to work as yesterday I had a great day and those symptoms were very much reduced. However this morning my mood was awful and although mornings are usually bad, it didn't lift and I had to go to work (two hours drawing/ teaching which I love, so no stress). I felt very anti social and had to fake it. 

So not sure whether to continue with the raised estrogen or not. I also take 100mg progesterone which I was taking years before withdrawal.

I also have Subclinical hypothyroidism and I know estrogen helps the thyroid to work.

Any ideas?

Edited by [Bl...]

[Li...]

Hi @[Bl...],  I take HRT and have been on it for about 1.5 years.  I know that we have kept gradually increasing my dosage.  I take a troche that is compounded for me each night before bed.  It has a combination of estrogen/progesterone/testosterone in it.  Maybe one whole extra pump is too much estrogen.  Have you had your hormone levels check recently?

[Bl...]

Hi Lisa thanks for replying, can you tell me what a troche is please? I think you might be right about one whole pump being too much. I was so happy yesterday as I thought I'd found something to help , but today I'm feeling awful. Very cold though so I know it's my thyroid.