Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Gratefulness - feel free to share for everyones wellbeing

[Ma...]

[Ma...]

Hello Fellow Friends of this group,

I am currently in process of reducing my Benzo but wanted to take time to hopefully inspire everyone to focus on gratefulness. I realize that we are all on different journeys of tapering and our mental health. Some of us have been successful in tapering, some are in the process and having challenges while others are staying on the their benzo. With this said, I believe that the power of gratefulness will help us all to focus on what we are thankful for to help our mental wellbeing. 

Please list things you are grateful, little or big a many times as you like. We are all on this journey of life together and the best time to be grateful is the right now.  

Please list what you are grateful regardless who you feel as many times as you wish on this post. Here is a video on gratefulness that you may fine helpful too if you are having trouble thinking of thinking of things. I am very gratefull!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Gr...]

Keep up the good work on reducing your benzos it is well worth it. i’m at 18 months benzo free. grateful I have another chance at life, a clean and sober, one. grateful for my mind returning getting rid of those intrusive thoughts is a blessing, knowing that life gets better day by day, even though we don’t always see it, we’re continuing to heal, spite all of our aches and pains and things were going through to all the family and friends that we’ve lost grateful that we have the opportunity to try to work on those relationships and rebuild them if all possible. Grateful for the opportunity to have a place like benzo buddies that were able to share feelings and see others comments knowing that we are not alone, it’s truly a comfort in itself. So many things to be grateful for. but above all, I am grateful that my creator Jehovah has given me this great opportunity to not only benefit myself, but the opportunity that I have to help others.

• Like 2

[Ma...]

Hello Grateful,

I love your name!  It wonderful to hear your grateful thoughts and thank you for sharing.  I am happy you have reduced your medication and happy you are doing much better. I am optimistically moving forward in the process of completing the reduction of this benzo.  I do think it is important to be grateful and also train the mind to be more happy and peaceful in the process. I believe what we feed on grows. Grate-fullness is good food. 

I am grateful for:

- Your kind response 

- Some very close friends I have developed

- A meditation practice the can bring me much love and peace and the ability to better be with difficult feelings/thoughts. 

- Ability to exercise (enjoy Yoga and swimming)

- Parents that gave me birth and family that cares about me

- A place to work that I am able to be of help to others.

- Reading a good book

- Being in nature 

The list can go on the power of gratefulness has no limits. Grateful for being grateful. One moment at a time, we all have the ability to move forward towards goodness and peace.

May loving kindness fill all our hearts

• Like 1

@[Ma...], thank you for the great thread!) I'm grateful to you for the thread) 

I think i've lots of things to be grateful for but i'd like to say what i'm thankful for due to the torturous, sometimes inhuman, benzo experience.

I'm grateful for the piercing feeling of pure happiness when i have good days and nothing is in pain, when i can sit drinking coffee, go by metro, walk in nature, translate texts, learn things, communicate with friends and enjoy the moment. It's really awesome! I've never thought of it before the " benzo calamity". And i'm grateful i'm coming back to being myself without any chemistry interfering with my brain.

I'm also grateful for all the good and not that good people that have been brought to my life because of the benzo withdrawal. It's true!)

Edited by [...]
  • Love 1

[An...]

Hi and thanks for this post @[Ma...]. I am up early this morning but I went to bed early. I am grateful I got a decent amount of good sleep and I feel pretty good this morning.

I am also grateful that my mother seems to be slightly better after the two falls she had in Dec. of 2023.

Good Thursday morning benzobuddies.

• Like 2

[be...]

Wonderful thread Mathew, thanks. I am so Grateful for the strength I found during some horrendous times...to try three times to get off of the Valium. The third try was the charm, slow and slower and finding BB and the support here and Friends that got what I was going through.

I am Grateful for each day...no matter what happens, my mind is clear and I feel like myself most of the time again. I know that I can handle hard times, no matter what is thrown at me. 💖 Peace and Healing.

• Like 2

[lo...]

There are many things I am grateful for.  I have always tended to be grateful for what I have rather than thinking about what I haven't got.  However it has been hard to hang onto this due to the horrendous effects of benzo withdrawal.   I am most grateful for my friends, the support I have had from others injured like myself over the past decade, BenzoBuddies, a lifeline for me for a number of years.  I am grateful I am still alive, grateful that I continue to improve each year it has been a very long battle.  I have noticed a shift just recently as my ability to feel my emotions gradually returns.  Instead of thinking I am grateful without any particular feelings about it, I can now actually feel a deep sense of gratitude.

Edited by [lo...]
  • Like 1

[Nu...]

The sound of Gregory Porter's voice. It got me through so many horrible days and nights. I'm grateful he exists and gives his wonderful voice for all of us fans.

• Like 2