Xanax Cold Turkey, fully back to normal

[ya...]

I quit xanax basically cold Turkey in November of 2021. My journey has been a long and traumatic one. I was unable to sleep for over a year and went through hell every single day mentally and physically. But I kept pushing through. If it wasn’t for my family helping me through this time I don’t know where I would be. I would probably be dead. Anyways, about a year and a half after quitting I was finally able to start sleeping again, I started working again, hitting the gym lost a bunch of weight and put on muscle, started feeling good again. Now I am back in college finishing up my degree while working. I sleep great and feel amazing. What I went through made me so much stronger and made me a better person. If you are going through withdrawal right now and going through hell like I did, please know it will get better! And you will be invincible after all of this. Life is great! I am so grateful for every day. Keep on fighting the good fight my friends it will get better. God bless you all

• Like 10
  • Love 6

Well done for getting through it. What kind of doses were you taking and for how long? I’m 2 years end of this month c/t of 300 mg diazapam. Had taken it for 7 years at very high doses. It’s still hell but I’m seeing slight improvements monthly. It long as fk but from the stories I’ve read I can’t wait to feel good and invincible again I’m sure it will come in time. 

Nice! Did you also lose a bunch of muscle throughout withdrawal and have to put a bunch back on? I'm waiting until my muscles stop contracting to start hitting weights again.

Yeah I lost a lot of muscle and put on about 20-30 lbs of fat. I would advise you to do what you can of working out whatever you can do, it will definitely help. When I started hitting the gym again my mental health saw significant improvements fast. Go to a gym with a sauna if you can. Using the sauna helped me so much during the latter stages of my withdrawal. Sauna is amazing. God bless man, keep on marching!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, [[y...] said:

I quit xanax basically cold Turkey in November of 2021. My journey has been a long and traumatic one. I was unable to sleep for over a year and went through hell every single day mentally and physically. But I kept pushing through. If it wasn’t for my family helping me through this time I don’t know where I would be. I would probably be dead. Anyways, about a year and a half after quitting I was finally able to start sleeping again, I started working again, hitting the gym lost a bunch of weight and put on muscle, started feeling good again. Now I am back in college finishing up my degree while working. I sleep great and feel amazing. What I went through made me so much stronger and made me a better person. If you are going through withdrawal right now and going through hell like I did, please know it will get better! And you will be invincible after all of this. Life is great! I am so grateful for every day. Keep on fighting the good fight my friends it will get better. God bless you all

Great to hear these stories.  I just jumped and still in the middle of withdrawal.  Hope good times are coming.  Thanks for your inspiration 🙏

12 hours ago, [[y...] said:

Yeah I lost a lot of muscle and put on about 20-30 lbs of fat. I would advise you to do what you can of working out whatever you can do, it will definitely help. When I started hitting the gym again my mental health saw significant improvements fast. Go to a gym with a sauna if you can. Using the sauna helped me so much during the latter stages of my withdrawal. Sauna is amazing. God bless man, keep on marching!

Sounds about the same in my predicament. I cold turkey off of klonopin after 20 years, and I've done some push-ups here and there and a few 25 lb curls and triceps at home, and some squats with the 25s. It definitely helps when I do it, but I have to be really careful because my muscles being so tense.

I had a few setbacks, I know I have to get back to it again. But yeah, I'd say I probably put on 10 or 15 lb of fat, and lost about the same. I eat really well though, so it's not as bad as it could be. I'm glad things have healed up for you, I'm right behind you and should be sometime this year. Take care.

22 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Great to hear these stories.  I just jumped and still in the middle of withdrawal.  Hope good times are coming.  Thanks for your inspiration 🙏

Do we really heal?  I have been feeling awful thru tolerance, taper, jump and wait.  Jeeze this is horrible.  

You’re gonna get there brother. I thought I never would. I was a raging psychopath for over a year. Didn’t sleep. Had it all, intrusive thoughts severe ocd, you name it. It was true hell. But I will assure you you will get there my man and when you do… everyone needs to look out because the man that you will be on the other side will be one badass MF. every where I go people love my energy and it’s as if I am invincible. Going through what we went through makes you truly unstoppable. I would never take back the hell that I went through, it gave me super powers. I am now insanely mentally tough to the point where any issue is nothing to me.

• Like 7

You’ll get there my brother. Keep on marching with your head up. God is with you, life will be great again soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[y...] said:

You’ll get there my brother. Keep on marching with your head up. God is with you, life will be great again soon. 

@[ya...]So hard to feel god is with me. This zaps feeling connected to anything. It super hard as you well know.

I love your spirit. ❤️

Go Yanks! I’m originally from NYC 🗽

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

@[ya...]So hard to feel god is with me. This zaps feeling connected to anything. It super hard as you well know.

I love your spirit. ❤️

Go Yanks! I’m originally from NYC 🗽

I know exactly how you feel. When I was going through it I was in such a tremendously dark and hopeless place. I remember reading the success stories obsessively for hours and hours every day and night. Not sleeping at all was so terrible, and the intrusive thoughts had me thinking I was a truly evil and terrible person. My mind was doing everything to convince me I was a worthless and terrible person and I did not believe in god or anything. I just wanted it to end. But in the end after it was all said and done all it was was my MIND fucking with me. Benzos are a truly evil demonic drug that should never be prescribed to anyone. But like I said it was all in my head and I know that now, please always keep that In mind. The human body is truly miraculous, and the brain will recover, do what you can for your mental and physical health. Get daily sunlight, hydrate, exercise, eat a balanced diet, fruits, eggs, red meat. Sauna is amazing as well. You’re gonna get there my brother sooner than you think

• Like 6

23 hours ago, [[y...] said:

Sauna is amazing as well. You’re gonna get there my brother sooner than you think

Congratulations and thank you so much for coming back and encouraging the rest of us! My son keeps telling me the sauna will help, but I only have access to a dry sauna. Did you do the steam or the dry sauna?

Hugs,

HCHC

Every doctor I went to told me to do a very short week long taper even though I suggested that it should be longer they told me that was the protocol. Doctors really don’t know shit lol. I’ve been to so many doctors throughout and none of them even know about the post acute withdrawal syndrome, it’s actually a joke lol. I don’t trust any doctors with my health and I’m incredibly healthy now. Holistic healing is everything. Modern medicine is what got us in this predicament

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, [[y...] said:

Every doctor I went to told me to do a very short week long taper even though I suggested that it should be longer they told me that was the protocol. Doctors really don’t know shit lol. I’ve been to so many doctors throughout and none of them even know about the post acute withdrawal syndrome, it’s actually a joke lol. I don’t trust any doctors with my health and I’m incredibly healthy now. Holistic healing is everything. Modern medicine is what got us in this predicament

@[Cl...]

Congratulations on your healing and recovery.  I too did a CT at my doctor's recommendation.  As most already know, almost ALL doctors don't recognize Benzo withdrawal or even if they do, they say symptoms last a few weeks after the drugs are out of your "system."  What a joke! Like you, I thought I'd never heal either, but I've been healed for well over 5 years now.  I'll be 8 years off in August.  Keep on living your life to the fullest! Peace!

Edited by [Th...]
  • Love 2

On 25/02/2024 at 19:28, [[H...] said:

Congratulations and thank you so much for coming back and encouraging the rest of us! My son keeps telling me the sauna will help, but I only have access to a dry sauna. Did you do the steam or the dry sauna?

Hugs,

HCHC

I Use the dry sauna about 5-6 days a week usually. It’s great. In my opinion the dry sauna is better because in the steam rooms they use tap water so you end up breathing in all the chemicals from the tap water which could really do more harm than good in my opinion. Dry saunas rule. Try and stay in there for at least 15 mins to start. I try and do 30 mins. Make sure you hydrate before hand though.

• Like 2

I stopped ambien the same time as you November of 2021 . I’m better but still feel like ass most days. Crazy how we all heal differently from different benzo/z drugs. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Hi @[ya...]!

Congrats on your success! Did you try any supplements or meds to help you sleep?

I tried an insane amount of different supplements to try and get some sleep. Ultimately none of these worked for me. Some supplements I would now try are: shilajit, beef liver supps. I use these daily and they are amazing. Shilajit is great for the brain, hormones, detoxification, anxiety, mood, you name it. The website I use for shilajit is cymbiotika. I would advise you to try it. It doesn’t taste bad either. You make a sort of tea with it, scoop up some of the live resin and put it in hot water, I like to add some honey or lemon juice sometimes. This stuff is great. God bless, keep on marching 💪 

[Ad...]

I hope I fully heal soon. I’ve been crying all day today. Feeling absolutely horrible. I only took Ativan for 2 weeks (1mg) and I’m approaching 3 months. I don’t know how people tough it out for years or many months. I’m glad you’re healed and aren’t dealing with this anymore. I hope I’m the same one day, as impossible as it feels. I’m happy for you.

Edited by [Ad...]

[Th...]
22 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I hope I fully heal soon. I’ve been crying all day today. Feeling absolutely horrible. I only took Ativan for 2 weeks (1mg) and I’m approaching 3 months. I don’t know how people tough it out for years or many months. I’m glad you’re healed and aren’t dealing with this anymore. I hope I’m the same one day, as impossible as it feels. I’m happy for you.

I understand how you are feeling. It’s incredibly frustrating and the uncertainty is almost just as bad as how we feel. I am about 6 months off cold turkey and I had my first "window" or what I think was a window for almost 3 days. Didn’t feel 100% better but probably 65%. I’m optimistic by how I felt for those days but am frustrated with how I am now feeling today. Mine symptoms are mostly physical with brain fog as well. 

[Pi...]

I think we can all agree on one thing. The doctors don't know shit about these drugs and yes they are demonic and should never be prescribed. It's all about making you a life long customer not getting you well. It's a business and very profitable. I've been screwed up by doctors more times than they've helped thats for sure. They make the street pushers look like amateurs and pull it off with their white coats and fancy offices! Your goal in life should be no medicine if possible (obviously in some cases its not). 20 months CT Xanax and I am starting to see some light. I'm not totally there yet but see signs of winning the battle. :boxer:

• Like 2