Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Terrible insomnia

[ma...]

yoI have been there for 23 months, all my symptoms have disappeared, I still have insomnia.I have had better days and today my insomnia has gotten much worse, I would like to know those who have suffered this symptomFor the vast majority of them, how many months did it take for this disorder to be cured?Thank you all for being there.

You sound a lot like me.  Insomnia was the worst of about 15 symptoms I had.  It's not uncommon to have insomnia waves after sleeping well for days, weeks or even months.  I will be 8 years off in August and still get hit with random insomnia waves.  From about 2 years off to 5 years off they would last anywhere from a week or so to almost 2 months.  The past 2.5 years they are mostly one off nights but sometimes I'll get a one off night 5 or 6 times during a month...but that is rare.  I've also slept really well for 1.5 years (at one point after my CT) with no one-off nights, etc.  Insomnia is what put me on Benzos in the first place, so I wasn't expecting it to 100% disappear.  However, I have been averaging 7+ hours per night the past 5-6 years (outside of the waves I described above).  

I'd read this post regarding insomnia.  Peace

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/4/#comment-3489675

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

Te pareces mucho a mí. El insomnio fue el peor de los 15 síntomas que tuve. No es raro tener oleadas de insomnio después de dormir bien durante días, semanas o incluso meses. Cumpliré 8 años de descanso en agosto y todavía sufro oleadas aleatorias de insomnio. Desde aproximadamente 2 años hasta 5 años, durarían desde aproximadamente una semana hasta casi 2 meses. Los últimos dos años y medio son en su mayoría noches únicas, pero a veces tengo una noche única 5 o 6 veces durante un mes... pero eso es raro. También he dormido muy bien durante 1,5 años (en un momento después de mi tomografía computarizada) sin noches únicas, etc. El insomnio es lo que me hizo tomar Benzos en primer lugar, así que no esperaba que desapareciera al 100%. . Sin embargo, he estado promediando más de 7 horas por noche durante los últimos 5 a 6 años (fuera de las olas que describí anteriormente).  

Leí esta publicación sobre el insomnio. Paz

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/4/#comment-3489675

Thank you very much for answering.I still haven't had a single normal night The maximum has been sporadic days of 5 interrupted hours.And some days in a row of 4 hours interrupted.I'm going to read the link you sent me.I read your success story and it moved me and gave me great hope.I appreciate you still here helping us.I would like to know how long this disorder usually lasts?Thank you!!

• Like 1

There does not seem to be any sort understanding on how long it lasts from what I have seen. Sometimes people that only took Xanax for a few months suffer a long time. And sometimes people that took a huge amount suffer none or less. I think it more depends on how sensitive ones Gaba receptors are. And how many set backs they may have had along their healing journey. But in any case I see that everybody heals, when it is their time.

• Like 1

Thanks neighbor bob, I'm always looking for an answer But no one can give me that answer, this is so horrible, I know that one day it will stop but when?The doctors will be aware of all the pain they have caused and continue to do so.Even if we are only a few affected for such a long time Given so much risk, why do they continue prescribing it as if nothing were happening?This is terrible.Thanks once again.

12 hours ago, [[T...] said:

You sound a lot like me.  Insomnia was the worst of about 15 symptoms I had.  It's not uncommon to have insomnia waves after sleeping well for days, weeks or even months.  I will be 8 years off in August and still get hit with random insomnia waves.  From about 2 years off to 5 years off they would last anywhere from a week or so to almost 2 months.  The past 2.5 years they are mostly one off nights but sometimes I'll get a one off night 5 or 6 times during a month...but that is rare.  I've also slept really well for 1.5 years (at one point after my CT) with no one-off nights, etc.  Insomnia is what put me on Benzos in the first place, so I wasn't expecting it to 100% disappear.  However, I have been averaging 7+ hours per night the past 5-6 years (outside of the waves I described above).  

I'd read this post regarding insomnia.  Peace

👍You are doing really well @[Th...]

Ashton says insomnia starts to improve in 6-12 months for most.  But in my experience, if it doesn't start to get better by then, it usually does somewhere between 18 and 24 months with some people taking even longer for unknown reasons.  I don't know if I'll ever get back to sleeping 8 hours straight without waking up.  For about the first 5 years after my CT my sleep was always broken and nothing more than 2-3 hours of unbroken sleep before waking up.  Thankfully I could almost always fall back to sleep again after waking up.  During the past 2 - 3 years, I've been getting consistently longer blocks of sleep, usually 4-5 hours without waking up.  However as a 60-year old male, getting up and peeing at night comes with the territory..,:D

Moreover, I feel completely rested almost every day regardless of how much I wake up at night.  My life has returned to a pre-Benzo state about 6 years ago and I have been a gym rat the past 4 years going to the gym and lifting weights and doing cardio 7 days per week.  Peace!

4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Ashton dice que el insomnio comienza a mejorar en la mayoría de los casos entre 6 y 12 meses. Pero en mi experiencia, si no comienza a mejorar para entonces, generalmente lo hace entre 18 y 24 meses, y algunas personas tardan incluso más por razones desconocidas. No sé si algún día volveré a dormir 8 horas seguidas sin despertarme. Durante aproximadamente los primeros 5 años después de mi tomografía computarizada, mi sueño siempre estuvo interrumpido y nada más que 2 o 3 horas de sueño ininterrumpido antes de despertarme. Afortunadamente, casi siempre podía volver a dormirme después de despertarme. Durante los últimos 2 o 3 años, he estado durmiendo períodos de sueño cada vez más prolongados, generalmente de 4 a 5 horas sin despertarme. Sin embargo, como hombre de 60 años, levantarse y orinar por la noche es algo natural...:D

Además, me siento completamente descansado casi todos los días, independientemente de cuánto me despierte por la noche. Mi vida volvió a un estado anterior a Benzo hace unos 6 años y he sido una rata de gimnasio durante los últimos 4 años, yendo al gimnasio, levantando pesas y haciendo ejercicios cardiovasculares los 7 días de la semana. ¡Paz!

Hello!! Yes, I read the Asthon manual, thanks to that I discovered that I had withdrawal, that's why I thought that after a year and since I had already improved somewhat, I thought I would be cured, but that didn't happen. I started sleeping for about 2 hours then 4 hours interrupted Adi I was there for a long time with some worse spiral nights and now it got worse and I returned after two hours for the most part.Of the times and some days of 4 hours interrupted.It's terrible, when I sleep 4 hours I feel good.I am 56, I also get up to urinate and not always.I go back to sleep.I also do weights and lead a healthy life, let's see if I can improve.I really want to shout from the rooftops that I am now cured.Thanks for staying here.