Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Singing

[Bu...]

Hey everyone,

In mid-Sept. acid reflux and upper stomach issues started in, which got progressively worse through the end of January.  It got so bad that I couldn't sing any more.  I used to sing off and on during the day quite a bit, but every time I tried, the pain would start, the acid would shoot up into my throat and I would lose my voice.  During December this was particularly sad for me because I couldn't sing Christmas carols at church, something I really enjoy each year.  

About two weeks ago I noticed a lessening in the acid reflux and pain.  Yesterday, without thinking, I started humming/singing a little (I hadn't even tried for months).  And...no pain, no acid.  Really rusty voice, though!  But oh, the beauty of something normal!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling when something even if it’s small returns to normal momentarily. It was worth getting excited about it shows us what lies ahead. keep the tunes rolling.

• Like 2

On 11/02/2024 at 20:19, [[B...] said:

Hey everyone,

In mid-Sept. acid reflux and upper stomach issues started in, which got progressively worse through the end of January.  It got so bad that I couldn't sing any more.  I used to sing off and on during the day quite a bit, but every time I tried, the pain would start, the acid would shoot up into my throat and I would lose my voice.  During December this was particularly sad for me because I couldn't sing Christmas carols at church, something I really enjoy each year.  

About two weeks ago I noticed a lessening in the acid reflux and pain.  Yesterday, without thinking, I started humming/singing a little (I hadn't even tried for months).  And...no pain, no acid.  Really rusty voice, though!  But oh, the beauty of something normal!

Oh my goodness that's awesome!

BurnTheShips I'm a singer songwriter guitar player! I used to record and play parties with my brother and different events. I miss singing so much, my voice is so raspy right now and has been since withdrawal. I can't play guitar or piano because of my ears. But I will get back there one day. Just so amazed you brought this up! So happy for u!

Bless yas

:classic_smile:

• Like 1