Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Out of the house!

[kn...]

I've managed to get out of the house twice today.  Amazing stuff....The first was a 30 minute walk with my wife and our lab this AM to a park nearby.  That's the farthest I've walked I've been able to go on foot in several weeks.  The second was a short road trip out to another park on the river.  We ran through the local drive thru and picked up some snacks on the way.  Watched the ships passing and some seals playing through the binoculars.  I didn't even have to go to the restroom while we were out there (Gotta admit, you probably have urination problems too).  That took me outside for over an hour.  And here comes the drum roll.......tonight I'm actually going to partake of a Chinese take away in honor of Lunar New Year.  I can't believe it.  I'm actually eating food.  Hopefully my stomach will cooperate, but it feels fine right now.  I hope you realize that all this is approaching normalcy.  Don't get scared now.  I'll report in tomorrow and let you know if I survive all of this.  HA!

• Like 8

I love the idea @[kn...] about sharing personal achievements and milestones! I actually have this idea for quite a while. 

The place where you live sounds wonderful as you describe it! Keep up the good work! 

I am happy for you, with you! :)

Edited by [Re...]

UPDATE:   I'm a little worse for wear today.  Leg muscles ache a bit and stomach is a bit queasy, but no regrets on this end.  Any time I get a window, I'll take it.  Here's to hoping that we'll all get a chance for a break at some point soon.  It doesn't have to be much, but it provides hope, and that goes a long way to helping all of us go on in the process.  Best wishes to all today.  I'm not much of a sports fan any more, but today's the Super Bowl in the new Las Vegas stadium.  A bit too much glitz and glamour, but a good distraction for a few hours if you're up for it.   

• Like 2

@[kn...],

I am so happy for you.  I'm sorry today was rough though, but I'm glad you have no regrets.  Isn't it amazing how small, simple things bring us such pleasure and happiness now?  I'll be hoping and praying for more windows for you. ❤

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind affirmations.  One of the things that I need to keep on realizing is that just because things on the WD road can wind up in "the ditch"  one day after going well for a period of time doesn't mean that I'm a failure.  Sometimes I get so angry with my progress (or lack there of) that I just feel like giving up.   

1 hour ago, [[k...] said:

One of the things that I need to keep on realizing is that just because things on the WD road can wind up in "the ditch"  one day after going well for a period of time doesn't mean that I'm a failure.

I think we can all use this reminder.  Well, I know I need it. :)  So, thanks!

• Like 1