Now Available: Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines

[...]

I applaud your interest in this topic @[WU...]!  However, might I respectfully suggest that you may be rushing to a conclusion before you have all the relevant facts?  Specifically, what scientific evidence supports the conjecture that the plateau in the binding curve is due to some innate protection mechanism?  (The binding curve simply shows receptor occupancy at different doses; the question of why the binding curve plateaus when it does cannot be addressed by these data alone.)

@[Li...] "you may be rushing to a conclusion before you have all the relevant facts?"

Yes, I hold my hand up to that, typical me, sorry! 

• Like 1

No worries, @[WU...]. You are in learning mode.  Given how quickly information spreads these days, I just wanted to make sure you and other readers of this thread understand that your conjecture about ‘innate protection mechanism’ is just that —  a conjecture — not an scientifically proven fact. 

Edited by [Li...]
Wording

I have the Maudsley Prescribing Guidlines in pdf format, not sure what we are allowed to share. I got it from the z-library free download.

gypsy 

4 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I have the Maudsley Prescribing Guidlines in pdf format, not sure what we are allowed to share. I got it from the z-library free download.

gypsy 

I'm not familiar with copyright laws so please do your due diligence before publicly posting. 

6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm not familiar with copyright laws so please do your due diligence before publicly posting. 

Thank you Pamster

i actually never gave it a thought. 

This piece by Liz Tucker provides an excellent overview of key points from her recent podcast featuring Dr. Mark Horowitz, co-author of The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines.  

Deprescribing from Psychiatric Drugs: The Problems and The Solutions
https://liztucker.substack.com/p/deprescribing-from-psychiatric-drugs

Tip of the hat to @[Ka...] for bringing Tucker’s work to our attention!

• Like 2

On 06/02/2024 at 06:49, [[W...] said:

Mark Horowitz was on THE PROJECT (TV) Australia last night bringing everything into the light. 

Is this the show @[Wi...]?

• Like 2

Are you interested in learning more about Dr. Mark Horowitz and his ground-breaking new book The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines for Antidepressants, Benzodiazepines, Gabapentinoids, and Z-drugs? Check out this interview:

• Like 2

Yowza!  The above video interview with Dr. Mark Horowitz has received over 4,100+ views since it was posted 15 hours ago. 

Update Wednesday Feb 21:

The video has now received almost 45,000 views.

Edited by [Li...]
Update added
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Disappointing news … I received a notice from Amazon that the delivery date for my preordered copy of The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines has changed from Feb. 22 to Feb. 28.  Anyone else?  

Well that is disappointing @[Li...]My delivery date in UK was brought forward from 21 to 19 Feb. Unfortunately, Amazon did not package it very well, it was held together with a rubber band! & arrived in a rainstorm & slightly bent. It fell open on a particular page that was immediately of interest. I hope your delivery date may be brought forward too. 

• Like 1

I’m delighted to learn you received your copy a bit early, @[Ka...], albeit in less than pristine condition.  I expect you and I will find many pages of interest!

If my copy doesn’t arrive next Wednesday as now promised, I may give serious consideration to relocating from the US to the UK. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

On 06/02/2024 at 07:27, [[R...] said:

Are you considering buying the book, guys? It seems to be a massive source of knowledge on the "medication injury" topic. It really fills a gap, I mean, there are very important topics here. 

Will you purchase it? I am seriously considering... 

I bought, for sure. It shipped Feb 21, so just awaiting it come in.

On 21/02/2024 at 14:38, [[L...] said:

Disappointing news … I received a notice from Amazon that the delivery date for my preordered copy of The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines has changed from Feb. 22 to Feb. 28.  Anyone else?  

I preordered and just received it today...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, [[N...] said:

I preordered and just received it today...

Hurray!  I preordered and received my copy yesterday as well.  

• Like 2

Yes @[Li...] it is a comprehensive guide with a vast amount of detail & a great index.
At present, I dip into it to seek bits relevant to my story. The page that fell open (page 36) relates to every-other -day dosing. I was guided to do this by a doctor no less. It is not advised!

I feel I should give it to all practitioners involved in my care. But I need it. 
It’s brilliant. 

I am so glad you have your copy. 

• Like 1

"relates to every-other -day dosing. I was guided to do this by a doctor no less. It is not advised!"

Ha, I knew it, so all those prescriptions we've been given to take "as required" or "as needed"  have lead to kindling. No wonder our brains are so messed up!

• Like 1

@[WU...] it’s bonkers to be guided to do this! I was told to every other day dose z drug zopiclone. Suffice to say it didn’t go well 🤦‍♀️I don’t usually do emojis but there it is. 

• Like 1

@[Ka...] I just had to use a magnifying glass to see your emoji!  Very restrained considering. I don't think an emoji exists to fully describe my feelings about this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m no artist but I have an idea for a scene in the doctors waiting room of us mere mortals armed with knowledge/said book The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines & the receptionist says “oh goodness they are all here with that book!”

Edited by [Ka...]
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hope all those GP's who prescribed this are cowering behind their desks ready for an onslaught. I have kept my last prescription of 28 x 5 mg diazepam and have every intention of presenting it to the last GP I saw a year ago