Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bad sleep still

[Cr...]

Hey Guys,

it is already 6 months and 2 weeks and thinking about going back on drugs---lots of them.... Really zone out for good. Have doctor sign me up for disablity and m wife can take care of my kids. There is no God, Jesus or any power in the universe. We are on a big rock spinning out of control in black space. We as a society just feed on each other for personel gains. Nobody really cares about us unless there is some kind of return in return. Anyway just my take on this lousy place called earth. My sleep is still very lousy. I went to Progressive Medical Center and I beleive they are detoxing me 2 fast. I have 3 medical docors begging me to take drugs. However everytime i tell them if they are going to sign off on my disabily they look at me like deer in head lights. Last week been sleeping 4-6 hrs but getting up every 1 hr... The body jerks and jilts from head to toe sucks. When will this stop. Did I have this before I took the meds and if so what is causing it. Had a mold test, and lyme test---came in negative. Taking DHea and cortisol test. Also taking heavy metal test hair... I think I'm still having some w/ds but most of this i beleive I had before i went on the drugs. Feel like there is some other underlying problem . maybe this is genetic since both of my grandfathers died by the bottle.... They were probably drinking to sleep... Any suggestions on tests would be great. I'm taking melatonin, 5 htpcr and tyrosine since serotonin and dopamine levels were in the toliet. I'm going to take requipp soon if I dont feel any better. Just want one night of relief. Yur input is great appreciated...Want to live again since i'm not afraid of the dark and believe like Steve Hawkins this is the last stop on this bus

I can relate to your nihilism... existential questions are hard when you are suffering so much for so long... Makes you wonder what kind of God would allow his creatures to suffer so much ... the one thing that saves me from all this thinking is the fact that we are on a moving miracle - no matter how it happened - the chances that we are here are one in a billion - so I am part of that minutest of equations and try to be grateful that I can be in a life - as for your pain - I can relate ...  I had sleep issues ( not terrible) before going on K  - at 6 months out w/d I was fried from not sleeping - took solace in that Pamster says that pretty much everyone takes at least a year to feel better and heal - I can attest ... I am at 10 months and am feeling the turning the corner part of all this... but believe me a month ago I was shellshocked by the unrelenting pain and suffering of all of this - what kind of effect this drug has on people and why its not outlawed for use over 2 weeks...  unbelievable.. just hang in there - you are not going to die... and if you give yourself a few more months you may begin smiling again... what's the alternative?  chemical cocktails?  I would recommend deep relaxation audio - make it a practice if you can - not saying it will heal you - but for long term it's got to be good for your cns...  hope this helps.. 

Stick it out CrazyJo. I have this disabling insomnia as well. Makes me hate everything somedays, and I am a very loving guy by nature :'( None of these existential questions are possible to empirically examine, at least not the ones concerning god. It all comes down to willy nilly faith. You have it or you don't. When I sleep I have it. When I don't, I don't. Funny how that works.

Hi CrazyJo:

Have you had your thyroid tested lately?  TSH, free t3 and free t4 for the complete picture.  Low or high levels can cause major systemic problems.  Thyroid hormones helps to make serotonin and GABA - vital to your complete recovery. 

Also, how about the usual suspects?  Vit D3, Iron and Potassium.  Are you taking any supplements?  I haven't started any - just trying to reach a level of daily OKness.  My sleep has improved or I should say NO nites of 2 or less hours of sleep lately.  Still wake up several times a nite too.  Our brains are slowly trying to rewire themselves and it's our of our hands. 

You will improve -- so many others have passed through the same gates.  We will get there. :smitten:God bless,

Rocko

• 1 month later...

Hey Jo,

I hope you are doing better than this post reflects. I apologize for my lack of communication. Been going through my own stuff - I've had a few windows but still going through a tough time. I've been back at work for four months, which has been challenging. My sleep finally came back about 10 days ago when I started siberian gensing, which is called eleuthero is US. I was shocked to start sleeping 7 to 8 hours with no meds, which I have not done in 7 years.

I continue to stay away from all meds - today is my 8 month mark. I hope you continue to stay off the meeds as well. You have been so strong - amazing!! If you try the gensing make sure you take before noon every day - 3 caps. It takes about a week before they start working.

I wish you the best - keep in touch when you can. Hawk

Hey Jo, I agree that you should stick it out.  You are doing really well, all things considered.  I've been trying to get off of Zyprexa, which is similar to Seroquel, for years and have been unable to.  I've tried all sorts of supplements, drugs, and meds to counteract the withdrawal effects of Zyprexa and that's what got me on benzo's in the first place.  I've been up for 2 weeks straight trying to quit Zyprexa and that was after weening off for a long term period.  Any advice for quitting this stuff?  I tried switching to Seroquel before and it didn't work for me to put me to sleep even at 800mg XR.  It just made me feel like I couldn't breathe at all.  Don't mean to get off topic but I'm curious cause I've been wanting to quit Zyprexa for a long time.  Hope you feel better soon.

I get a sick shaky feeling in my gut and I feel overwhelmed. It's actually harder to fall asleep bc I feel so anxious and well... Jittery :P you will eventually sleep. I know it's awful. Hang in there!!