Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sugar in everything!

[ns...]

I'm pretty sure most of you have this same issue with sugar, you can't have it anymore. I can only eat like 5 different foods right now, one if them is wheat bread. Histamine foods are out for me now as well. I eat 4 to 5 x per day, need to keep my weight up. So, wheat bread has 5 grams if sugar, I do my best to avoid sugar, but if im.having 6 to 7 slices of bread per day, I'm eating alot of sugar, geez almost a soda! I'm having a pretty tough time trying to fund foods I can eat. Sugar alcohol is another issue. It says no sugar, read the labels, xylitol,  sorbitol, yep, same as sugar at least for me. 

My.point, ck the labels, even toothpaste has this in it. Couldn't figure out why I got anxious after brushing my teeth! 

Finally found Redmonds no sweetener spearmint on Amazon,  expensive bit at least it really is sugar free for those with the same issue. 

GodisFaithful,

Hello friend! 

So u are tapering?

from a benzo? 

how long, how long left to go?

im tapering off of lorazapam,  down to just 1mg split into 4 does. Can't take it anymore, had a reaction.

Yes fructose too!  It's so hard to find good food without sugar, I can't eat much, my teeth broke lol, I'm too jerky to go to the dentist right now so I'm almost toothless lol, 

Praise God for His Faithfulness! I can eat, I have a warm bed, heat, a roof over my head and food to eat! We are truly blessed! Grateful,  thankful blessed!

Love the name u chose!

Ill.look forward to hearing back from you, 

Thanks for your reply 

Ns

• Love 1

High fructose corn syrup is banned in many other countries because it is so dangerous. 

It’s beyond disturbing that America refuses to remove it from our lives.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

20 hours ago, [[w...] said:

High fructose corn syrup is banned in many other countries because it is so dangerous. 

It’s beyond disturbing that America refuses to remove it from our lives.

Oh yeah America needs to remove many things that are dangerous for our health! But I better not go there, right, lol. 

We have to do our due diligence and read labels, it's getting tough though,  they don't mind lying on the labels or changing the name of something like Birchwood I think which is in toothpaste but it's actually xylitol, sugar alcohol. Same with food, no sugar, ha, just look up a name you don't recognize and you'll find some kind of sweetener that will probably give u the poops like sorbitol. Yes it's difficult but Actually America is a great place to live, our foundation is incredible meaning the beginning and how America came to be like our religious foundation, built on the Rock of Christianity  the greatest  country on earth, our freedoms are unmatched, our heritage is remarkable and our roots, we arent perfect ,well, we could have done better, I try to look at the best side of everything if I can see it, right. It's up to us to use our freedoms to freely research, freely speak up, freely do something good for others or yourself. I know. It's getting tough to live on this earth, but still, I'd rather be here than any other country. Thats why so many come to America,  freedom to choose our own way. Some here may not agree but that's ok. I've lived 65 yrs here and grown to appreciate my freedoms, but there is a lot I would change!

Like allowing something in our food that's bad for us! Again, we have to do our due diligence. 

But no I don't like having to search for the food I want that's best for me but I guess it's a good thing we have options. 

I might add, benzos should definitely be banned!

Night

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

On 13/01/2024 at 18:46, [[n...] said:

GodisFaithful,

Hello friend! 

So u are tapering?

from a benzo? 

how long, how long left to go?

im tapering off of lorazapam,  down to just 1mg split into 4 does. Can't take it anymore, had a reaction.

Yes fructose too!  It's so hard to find good food without sugar, I can't eat much, my teeth broke lol, I'm too jerky to go to the dentist right now so I'm almost toothless lol, 

Praise God for His Faithfulness! I can eat, I have a warm bed, heat, a roof over my head and food to eat! We are truly blessed! Grateful,  thankful blessed!

Love the name u chose!

Ill.look forward to hearing back from you, 

Thanks for your reply 

Ns

I’m a bit different. I have been dealing with terrible depression/anx and was prescribed Lexapro but after coming across all this stuff about wd and such, I am resisting taking it. But I come here because I find encouragement in those who are also suffering and enduring through despite the pain of symptoms. I’m focusing on healthy eating too. No sugar, gluten….I have an autoimmune disease im healing too.

Edited by [Go...]
  • Like 1

Hi @[ns...]

Maybe I missed something, which is totally possible for me ;), but what are you eating for meals on a typical day?

I don't eat sugars or high carbs (no breads) because I was diagnosed with T2 Diabetes in 2019.  I would like to help if I can, as I eat quite a bit, but you may have other food allergies etc., I don't know about, oregonlady:classic_love:

Hello Oregonlady. Well I have eggs, wheat bread, fat milk most days for breakfast at times with avacado even though it is high histamine I need the fat.

Lunch, almond butter on wheat bread, snack, cashew bitter on wheat or almond butter, with milk, at times I have turkey but it is also high histamine so not too often, dinner, baked potato,  russet or red, butter, Meatloaf with little tomatoe sauce or ketchup on it, it's difficult to find the right balance for this but we do ok, broccoli,  green beans, fat milk, wheat bread. 

That's about it, I'm hungry all day, can't lay down because I eat all day and need to stay up for 3 hours after a meal, don't sleep at night much but I get by. My tummy is getting better, acid is calming down. I have the nerve belly going on so it's in constant spasms, so fun lol

But seems to be getting better..

My sweet husband does all the cooking, he's so supportive. I am blessed! 

Yrs I think I have a histamine issue with foids, did this last go round when I was forcednto taper about 4 yrs back, maybe 3 yrs ago.  UT I was starting to heal, able to eat more foods as time went by. Sometimes we go thru in withdrawal. 

I'm sharing this link below for anyone who will read it. It explains so much of what we're going thru and I hope it helps everyone. 

I hope you'll ck it out, it's incredibly helpful 

Take care

https://www.benzoinfo.com/ashtonmanual/chapter3/#sensory-hypersensitivity

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I’m a bit different. I have been dealing with terrible depression/anx and was prescribed Lexapro but after coming across all this stuff about wd and such, I am resisting taking it. But I come here because I find encouragement in those who are also suffering and enduring through despite the pain of symptoms. I’m focusing on healthy eating too. No sugar, gluten….I have an autoimmune disease im healing too.

GodisFaithful, I'm so sorry to hear this! 

You know our Granddaughter is on Lexapro, I read here where many are tapering from it and it's not pleasant. I took celexa for many yrs and tapered off, took me 2 yrs or so but I took it slow, it was very difficult. It is really the same as Lexapro as I understand it. 

Celexa made me feel numb, no feelings, Iost my compassion and empathy, I was depressed,  but I didn't have depression when I took it, I was put on it after a hysterectomy because I couldn't have hormones for 5 months so never should have been. 

I felt that as a person of faith I shouldn't have to take these pills, but that's not true. Yes we can overcome many things thru our faith but there are times that a chemical imbalance can cause these feelings and we get overwhelmed. 

I know that diet and exercise help.many people, staying close to police people. Practicing gratitude and thankfulness,  serving others as well.  It just depends on how you feel, and if you think u need a little help with medications. 

It took our Granddaughter a little time to adjust, then it was more meds. So she's in 3 different ones.  Whatever you decide  please don't let them put u on a bunch of medications until you're adjusted to one, maybe it didn't work for u abd u need something different but mixing meds is no good, I know this personally. 

It only complicated everything. 

You seem like a person of faith, pray about this, speak with a pastor or friend who shares your faith. 

I hope your decision is the right one for u, and I will be praying for a miracle for u!

Remember only u know how u feel and what you might need to help u. 

I would ck out therapy in a nutshell with Emma on YouTube,  she's great! I know she's really helped me. Watch sermons, I watch Joyce Meyer sometimes, try Jones anxiety,  all on YouTube. 

But by all means, please do what is best for you ok

Take care now 

Ns

GodisFaithful,  I forgot to ask,  what autoimmune disease do you have? 

Up to u if u want to share 

Bless

:hug:

5 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Hi @[ns...]

Maybe I missed something, which is totally possible for me ;), but what are you eating for meals on a typical day?

I don't eat sugars or high carbs (no breads) because I was diagnosed with T2 Diabetes in 2019.  I would like to help if I can, as I eat quite a bit, but you may have other food allergies etc., I don't know about, oregonlady:classic_love:

Hi again,  I also eat baked chicken. Blueberries and a couple other little things here and there. 

1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

So no regular meals?  Why can't you eat some foods?

Oh no we have regular meals, but I snack all day in between lol, I'm starving all the time. Can't tolerate many foods now. Figured our it was a histamine issue. Started with tomatoe sauce, cheese, deli turkey, anything you can think of that's histamine I eventually couldn't eat it. Will get a scratchy throat, runny nose, sneeze, get stinging all over my body,  horrible tsdte in my mouth. Poopies, nausea. I was eating rice and chicken 3 yrs ago for 8.months! That was my last taper, forced by a PA, bit then began to eat little more here and there and over all went pretty well, but then I ate donuts, pudding, boost nutrition and started taking hrt, that did it! One by one, foods fell off the menu.  So hopefully when I finish my taper I can begin again. Will be seeing a gi asap, none available unless u are in the hospital right now! 

I used to eat Mac and cheese for the fat, no more, sour dough and turkey,  no more, olives no more, the list just kept growing. It's tough, we eat 3 meals a day, as I mentioned, baked chicken. Potatoes, broccoli, butter, bread, Meatloaf,  broccoli or green beans, potatoe,, bread, fat milk with every meal unless acid is too high, then low fat for awhile.nit butter on wheat 2x per day, almond or cashew butter has lots if fat.

Eggs for breakfast with avacado but the histamine in avacado isn't so good for me but lots of fat, only 2x per week, bread and fat milk.  Blueberries everyday.

Yes I eat, but it's not the healthiest,  best I can do for now.

I miss my spaghetti, tacos, tamale pie. Chicken n dumplings, oh my goodness so many foods I used to make. Steak with teriyaki, or chicken. 

I'm hungry lol

Can't u tell

2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

GodisFaithful,  I forgot to ask,  what autoimmune disease do you have? 

Up to u if u want to share 

Bless

:hug:

Hi again yes I am a Christian :) I have psoriasis and it flared pretty bad a few months ago w/depression. Got it at age 5 after getting ears pierced. My mom, at 52, had a hysterectomy and she now has psoriasis but much worse than me. It is a while body systemic disease and can also have comorbidity of depression. 

1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

Hi again yes I am a Christian :) I have psoriasis and it flared pretty bad a few months ago w/depression. Got it at age 5 after getting ears pierced. My mom, at 52, had a hysterectomy and she now has psoriasis but much worse than me. It is a while body systemic disease and can also have comorbidity of depression. 

Wow, I've never heard of that. I'm so sorry, sounds miserable. How does it cause depression,  please educate me sister.

2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Wow, I've never heard of that. I'm so sorry, sounds miserable. How does it cause depression,  please educate me sister.

It causes inflammation throughout body. It’s not localized to only skin. I have some arthritis (psoriatic arthritis) connected to it. And nail pitting. Because of the inflammation it can affect brain health. Actually any autoimmune disease person is at higher risk because of the inflammatory component involved. 

1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

It causes inflammation throughout body. It’s not localized to only skin. I have some arthritis (psoriatic arthritis) connected to it. And nail pitting. Because of the inflammation it can affect brain health. Actually any autoimmune disease person is at higher risk because of the inflammatory component involved. 

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Do u detox, eat healthy diet, excercise, all.of the right stuff? Sounds like most autoimmune diseases. Have you researched how to bring symptoms down with diet and exercise etc, 

Om going to be praying for you and your mom! 

Let me know what you've tried so I can research for u ok, may you've tried everything idk but I'm willing to see what I can find ok

Bless

Ns

Cindy

Hi Cindy I have not detoxed. I did just buy epsom salt for baths. 
I have researched a bit about healthy eating for psoriasis. In the past I would fall off the wagon though. 
thanks for asking!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hi Cindy I have not detoxed. I did just buy epsom salt for baths. 
I have researched a bit about healthy eating for psoriasis. In the past I would fall off the wagon though. 
thanks for asking!

Ho BurnTheShips, hope your having a better day today. 

It sounds like you.might need to stick to a good diet and foods that Naturally detox. You can find this online. I know that broccoli detoxes the liver for example. There are many detox avenues, supplements,  food, drinks. You would need to find what fits you, you know what you can tolerate etc. But u have to be willing to stick to a plan ok, i think you'll find that if anything your mood will stabilize and your depression may well subside. Look for foods that raise serotonin for example. That's what ssri anti-depressants are mostly. One for Serotonin and one for dopamine for example.  Some do both. But you can eat foods that will help.you without medication. I eat lots of nut butters, almond, cashew, blueberries, eggs, for example.  These all raise serotonin levels in the brain and gut.

Please look into.this ok, I know you said u were hesitant about taking pills for this so I hope u will give these ideas a try. God has provided everything we need thru foods etc but there are times we may need a little extra help. 

I hope you can enjoy the many great foods out there to heal your body. It's a yummy way to start a brand new life God's way!

Take good care of yourself ok, I'll be here if u need to talk. 

Going thru a pretty rough time now with withdrawal. Don't know what happened but here it is lol

By for now

Ns

You are so kind Cindy giving me all that advice. I will look into it and stick with it. It is such a slow process to heal which is hard. It’s hard to be patient when we want to feel better. Hope you are doing better. 

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

You are so kind Cindy giving me all that advice. I will look into it and stick with it. It is such a slow process to heal which is hard. It’s hard to be patient when we want to feel better. Hope you are doing better. 

You are so welcome!

Stick with it now ok, let nothing get in your way!

Ns