Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sinus pain and pressure and headaches

[jl...]

I have been getting head aches around my sinuses and temples and behind my eyes starting about a year ago they have been getting more frequent now I get them about half of the time and the other half I feel the pressure but no pain but I am feeling horrible. 3 years clean but I am feeling the worse this 3rd year of being clean than the previous two.  Do others get head aches like this? Can this be part of withdrawals. Why am I worse at my 3 year mark. 

• Like 1

Sorry you are still having issues.  Have you seen a doctor to rule out any other sinus issues?  It's very possible to still have issues at 3 years off.  I had late insomnia waves starting at 18 months off and I am going on 8 years off.  Overall, my sleep is excellent compared to what it was during withdrawal, but sleep issues are what put me on Benzos in the first place.  The good news is the insomnia waves always even out over time and are mostly one-off nights, but sometimes they have lasted close to 2 months.  I've gone a year or two without any insomnia waves and some years I get 2 or 3 in the same year.  I had head and sinus pressure for about the first 12 to 15 months off (after I did a CT at my PCPs recommendation).  

Was this headache sinus pressure a primary symptom after you were off?  Hang in there, it should get better given more time.

I've gotten a lot of headaches, and migraines, more during my taper than ever before.  My sinuses are always busy trying to rid themselves of the mucus.  To help mine I do a couple of things, this is just for the sinus issues I have 24/7 which I had way before I began to taper.  They are much better since I cleaned up my diet which I won't go into because each of us can decide what is clean for us. But I did cut my sinus issue by probably 50%. 

When I got so bad I couldn't sleep for gagging, and the pressure in my head I'd usually do just a seasalt irrigation which did help so much to get things moving.  Also water, can't forget that, and I actually add a bit of salt (8th of tsp to 16 oz glass water bottle I use).  Iced gel-packs have helped me a lot with pain, anywhere, especially head pain.  ACV, used very sparingly, completely wiped out a 3 month sinus infection that hasn't come back at all. Also hot showers help me but I never have found a vaporizer (I think they're called) but they put off steam you can breath in, couldn't find one I liked the way it worked, or didn't work for me.

I can't say enough about my turn-around with having bad sxs, as I have learned slowly but surely that this all has to happen.  I mean for me, remembering that my body is getting rid of things that don't belong, it's reassuring if you can believe that, to know this is progress.  After I am off the benzo, I know I will still have to let my body do it's thing.  Not sure this will help but it's helping me so wanted to share it with you @[jl...] and thanks to @[Th...] I re-read an excellent post of his yesterday that helped me so much as well, oregonlady :hug:

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1