6+ Years Later and Doing A Lot Better

[ho...]

Hello All,

I just wanted to stop in after not being on here in a very long time to say that you do in fact heal.  I never thought I would get my life back.  

From a responsibility standpoint, I manage more now (small seven figure business, a booster club, rental properties, etc.) than I did before I even had the anxiety that landed me on the meds.  

I'm planning to spend more time in 2024 focusing on my personal wellness as I need to lose weight, improve my diet and release stress.  I've honestly been so busy that it's taken a backseat and I don't want to find myself in the same health scare again due to anxiety.  

My sleep has improved tremendously, but I still feel it is not as wonderful as it once was.  Perhaps it's because of a number of different things - I've rewired my brain to think this way, my physiology has changed, I'm in peri-menopause, I have more responsibility, etc.  

I do believe there is room for improvement here.  I plan to practice more brain retraining/rewiring and nervous system healing this year.  I need to start really believing in myself and my innate ability to sleep.  

One thing that has helped tremendously is vagal nerve stimulation.  I strongly feel that I had I known about this back in 2017, I would have healed on my own from the anxiety and never attempted to take meds.  Healing is 100% possible.  Do not doubt this.  Our bodies and brains are remarkable.

Wishing you all a year of love, light, happiness and healing!

XOXO

Courtney

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks Courtney. Grateful that you healed and your life is moving in a positive direction. When do you feel that you completely healed?

Congratulations!  I knew given enough time, you'd turn a corner and get your life back even though it seemed impossible!  We've both come a long way since the bad old days of being on POR and now BB.  Just found out today that POR (Point of Return) closed it's doors after 21 years.  Not exactly sure when or why they closed, but that's one less place to get help withdrawing from Benzos, ADs, etc.  :cry: 

Edited by [Th...]

Congratulation on your healing! I was wondering, how do you stimulate the valgal nerve? Is it called the vague nerve I was trying to google it? Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Edited by [Cr...]
Just wanted to ask a question.

The vagus nerve, also known as the vagal nerves, are the main nerves of your parasympathetic nervous system. This system controls specific body functions such as your digestion, heart rate and immune system.

Meditation is a good way to stimulate this nerve.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the seven figure business right after withdrawal, that's a huge accomplishment.

There's no need to train your body or mind, just try to appreciate the good things in life and let nature do the work for you. If you let stress override you, it will start to defeat the nature and your natural abilities.

If you can let nature do its thing and you can defeat the stress instead, your sleep will heal itself with good nutrition. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
[Gi...]
On 02/01/2024 at 01:18, [[h...] said:

Hello All,

I just wanted to stop in after not being on here in a very long time to say that you do in fact heal.  I never thought I would get my life back.  

From a responsibility standpoint, I manage more now (small seven figure business, a booster club, rental properties, etc.) than I did before I even had the anxiety that landed me on the meds.  

I'm planning to spend more time in 2024 focusing on my personal wellness as I need to lose weight, improve my diet and release stress.  I've honestly been so busy that it's taken a backseat and I don't want to find myself in the same health scare again due to anxiety.  

My sleep has improved tremendously, but I still feel it is not as wonderful as it once was.  Perhaps it's because of a number of different things - I've rewired my brain to think this way, my physiology has changed, I'm in peri-menopause, I have more responsibility, etc.  

I do believe there is room for improvement here.  I plan to practice more brain retraining/rewiring and nervous system healing this year.  I need to start really believing in myself and my innate ability to sleep.  

One thing that has helped tremendously is vagal nerve stimulation.  I strongly feel that I had I known about this back in 2017, I would have healed on my own from the anxiety and never attempted to take meds.  Healing is 100% possible.  Do not doubt this.  Our bodies and brains are remarkable.

Wishing you all a year of love, light, happiness and healing!

XOXO

Courtney

@[ho...]

Hi Courtney,

Congratulations on your recovery.

May I ask if you experienced muscle issues?

Thank you 

Edited by [Gi...]

[Ja...]

So glad to hear of your healing. I have retrained/rewired my brain and it has helped tremendously. Keep up the good work.