Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Unbearable Insomnia

[...]

I have not even started tapering yet, I think I have dose intolerance, but the insomnia has been wicked. I've been taking magnesium glycinate for years but stopped it about a week ago because I've read not to take it during withdrawal, but if I've been taking it for so long and just quit, could that be some of my issue?

It's possible?  Anything is possible when dealing with Benzos IMO.  You most likely reached tolerance to your current dose, so it's no longer giving you the desired effect along with the sleep you need. I'd read this post:  

Edited by [Th...]
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I wouldn't start taper without a sleep aid if you have issues with insomnia like I have.

• Like 1

@[...] I tried many things to combat insomnia on my taper. The best OTC sleep aid I tried was Unisom (sleep tabs). You do build up a tolerance to it, but it's useful   while it works. I also tried CBD gummies, which were helpful also.  I resisted the lure of prescription sleep-aid drugs after my horrid years on Ambien, and my successful tapering off it. Just some ideas. Other buddies will chime in about what worked for them during their tapers. Just fyi, when my taper was over, I didn't need anything to sleep. So hang in there. Best wishes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

It's possible?  Anything is possible when dealing with Benzos IMO.  You most likely reached tolerance to your current dose, so it's no longer giving you the desired effect along with the sleep you need. I'd read this post:  

So glad I read your post again from Nov. 25th @[Th...].  I'm bookmarking it this time around as I'd read it early on, but forgot so much.  Thank you for linking it here, oregonlady, :balloon: