Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Depression at almost 11 months

[Go...]

Can depression “overtake” the fear and anxiety at 11 months?  My thoughts keep reminding me of all the bad I’ve ever done, and at 47 the years I wasted.  No real job in over 4 years, lost my family, my house, money.  I’m a loser on top of the benzo w/d.  I’ve always been this way. Before benzos.

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Can depression “overtake” the fear and anxiety at 11 months?  My thoughts keep reminding me of all the bad I’ve ever done, and at 47 the years I wasted.  No real job in over 4 years, lost my family, my house, money.  I’m a loser on top of the benzo w/d.  I’ve always been this way. Before benzos.

Overtake? You mean, it is added to the depression and feels heavy but there is still anxiety and it is feeding each other? That's what I experienced. The sadness just presented itself due to the endless anxietysymptoms and situation and got worse and worse.

Benzo's ARE depressants. Sooner or later you will feel sadness because of them. Not everybody will get depressed though. 

Once you start rethinking your life, especially if it is worth it, all the mistakes. Yes, you might feel worthless. I know the feeling, yet I know I have so many talents. But I also lost a lot: house, gf, savings, freedom to go everywhere, emotional stability etc. 

Edited by [Hu...]

Hey Gonzo,

I think we all have some of these feelings from time to time my friend. The loss of my job was a devastating event in my life. I was suicidal for nearly 2 years after this event but eventually, those feelings faded. I have also lost a lot of money, failed relationships, etc. I know the despair you are feeling. I have recently had an uptick in SXs due to a fall my mother had yesterday so I have put my taper on hold for a while. I will not updose, just stay where I am so I can try to help my mother as much as I can. Hang in there friend and vent here when you need to.

3 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Overtake? You mean, it is added to the depression and feels heavy but there is still anxiety and it is feeding each other? That's what I experienced. The sadness just presented itself due to the endless anxietysymptoms and situation and got worse and worse.

Benzo's ARE depressants. Sooner or later you will feel sadness because of them. Not everybody will get depressed though. 

Once you start rethinking your life, especially if it is worth it, all the mistakes. Yes, you might feel worthless. I know the feeling, yet I know I have so many talents. But I also lost a lot: house, gf, savings, freedom to go everywhere, emotional stability etc. 

@[Hu...]where are you in your w/d journey?

Edited by [Go...]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 12 months since my CT. I had horrendous weeks early on in withdrawal , it went away for the most part but returned September and again recently. 

15 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I'm 12 months since my CT. I had horrendous weeks early on in withdrawal , it went away for the most part but returned September and again recently. 

That's what scares me. Im at 11 1/2 months, and nothing has disappeared.  The depression has gotten MUCH worse over the past 2-3 months. 

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I've started using ashwagandha for depression.i shall let you know how I get on

I read it somewhere that ashwagandha works at the same receptor as Benzo does but I am not 100% sure whether it will prolong the healing process.

My whole motive is to alert you on ashwagandha use as I have read from many people commenting to avoid using things that works on the Gaba receptor. 

I wish you speedy recovery.

Edited by [Sl...]

On 16/01/2024 at 19:17, [[S...] said:

I read it somewhere that ashwagandha works at the same receptor as Benzo does but I am not 100% sure whether it will prolong the healing process.

My whole motive is to alert you on ashwagandha use as I have read from many people commenting to avoid using things that works on the Gaba receptor. 

I wish you speedy recovery.

Thank you! I shall look into this and for posts on here also.