Important Survey - Please Participate ×

281 Days Free (Difficult Christmas Holiday)

[Ob...]

I am currently at 281 days since jumping off Klonopin.  On day 264 I had heart surgery when I was given a mixture of a benzo / fentanyl for Anastasia.  I asked the staff and admitting personnel to use something else - but they would not listen.  Today - I still have depression and anxiety - no joy for the Christmas Holiday.  I am scared to be with the relatives and a sleep over with the grandkids this weekend.  This stinks.  I want my old self back.  I could use some support.  

Hello @[Ob...],

I’m sorry to be just reading your post. Many people have reported no issues with a one off dose of a benzo for surgery. Heart surgery is not a walk in the park. I wonder if what you are feeling is due to the stress of surgery. I have not had benzos for surgery, and I’ve had many, but I still don’t feel great afterwards. It takes time for the body to heal from a surgical procedure. 

We all wanted our old selves back during recovery. I did too. It took me longer to heal than I wished but it was well worth the effort.

Dis you manage to see the grandkids?