Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone using clonidine for sleep and anxiety

[Ol...]

Any members have experience with clonidine for anxiety and or insomnia? Just got put on for both. Also for a very high blood pressure that came along. 

@[An...] It seemed to start helping the anxiety. This is day 4. On day 2  Dr. upped it from .1mg pill twice a day to 2, .1mg pills twice a day. Today after a great day it kinda washed out. Even with the .5mg clonazepam at bedtime I’m wide awake. This is so frustrating.

I understand my friend. How long have you been on the .5 mgs of K? Are you tapering or holding ATM? My sleep is kinda erratic. It is 2AM EST and I am wide awake typing this message to you on BB. Some nights have been pretty good when it comes to sleep. Others, not so much.

• Like 1

@[An...] I have been at .5 Klonopin for 7 days. Friday night down to 3/6mg. Last knight down to .25 with the Seroquel. Now, Saturday night .25 also with Seroquel and no sleep again. Upped Seroquel, to 150mg still no sleep. But BP is now tanking 78/60 with 115 pulse's

On 18/12/2023 at 22:53, [[A...] said:

Just curious! Is it helping the BP, Sleep, and Anxiety or is it too soon to tell in your opinion?

Helps  little with anxiety a lot with BP. Make’s me groggy and tired but I’m not sleeping.

1 hour ago, [[O...] said:

Helps  little with anxiety a lot with BP. Make’s me groggy and tired but I’m not sleeping.

So, sleep is currently your biggest obstacle ATM?

Your BP is too low -- I'd contact your prescriber. I did try clonidine, but found that I preferred propranolol (to each their own). Clonidine may be best for you, though. There's no way to guestimate.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2023 at 20:57, [[N...] said:

Your BP is too low -- I'd contact your prescriber. I did try clonidine, but found that I preferred propranolol (to each their own). Clonidine may be best for you, though. There's no way to guestimate.

@[Nu...] Clonidine works on the adrenaline coming from the brain and is a supposed better anti-anxiety blocker. It was chosen for that reason. The high BP showed up a couple days later because of the extreme anxiety.