Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Have gone 72 hours with little to no sleep

[ve...]

I have been taking .75 of klonopin ( started at.5 in first week of October).  Mirtazapine 30 mg

Last Sunday I made a cut from .8375 to . 75. 

My doctor added Trazadone 50 mg.

Thursday I went to 75 mg of Trazadone. 

little to no sleep

Friday 100 mg of Trazadone

.75 of Klonopin

Number of hours of sleep 1-2

Saturday night 

no sleep

.75 of Klonopin

150 g of Trazadone

15 g of Mirtazapine

and .02 Clonodine

I typically eat light breakfeast at 7:00 am. I eat mostly vegan meals and every week I have 1 cheat meal such as spaghetti with meatballs.

Bedtime routing consists of doing meditations or yoga on the JKZ app. 

I called the doctor on call and she suggested trying lower dose of Mirtazapine to 7 mg.

I have tried using Melatonin that is not working

I have not used it but i have Valerian Root, Milk Peptides, Hops. You name I probably have it.

I live in Charlotte NC and I am seriously checking myself such as Silver Pines up in the Poconos. 
I have some support here but wife and I seperated  back in June.

Edited by [ve...]
typo

My Naturpathic Dr had helped me get off of temazepam and is helping get off of gabapentin that was prescribed to me for insomnia. I was at 22.5 mg of temazepam and 600 mg of gabapentin. Definitely over medicated. I’m currently taking Dayvigo and hydroxyzine and natural supplements to help me sleep. I’m in Chapel Hill NC as well. My sleep isn’t all the way stable but I have been sleeping most nights. I know I have to be careful with hydroxyzine and dayvigo too but they are necessary I believe for right now while I get off of gabapentin. 

my natural supplements for sleep:

Apigenin, gaba, l theanin, glycine, willow bark, CBD, CBN. 5HTP, valerian root, nerve eight. (Nerve eight really helps with the muscle spasms) 

On 24/12/2023 at 02:29, [[T...] said:

How long off of temazepam? Find dayvigo is helping me a bit too. But very groggy the next day? 

I have been off of temazepam for three weeks now. I didn’t sleep last night due to jolts waking me back up from falling asleep. I also didn’t have any Dayvigo so I’m trying to get that refilled today 

On 17/12/2023 at 09:36, [[v...] said:

I have been taking .75 of klonopin ( started at.5 in first week of October).  Mirtazapine 30 mg

Last Sunday I made a cut from .8375 to . 75. 

My doctor added Trazadone 50 mg.

Thursday I went to 75 mg of Trazadone. 

little to no sleep

Friday 100 mg of Trazadone

.75 of Klonopin

Number of hours of sleep 1-2

Saturday night 

no sleep

.75 of Klonopin

150 g of Trazadone

15 g of Mirtazapine

and .02 Clonodine

I typically eat light breakfeast at 7:00 am. I eat mostly vegan meals and every week I have 1 cheat meal such as spaghetti with meatballs.

Bedtime routing consists of doing meditations or yoga on the JKZ app. 

I called the doctor on call and she suggested trying lower dose of Mirtazapine to 7 mg.

I have tried using Melatonin that is not working

I have not used it but i have Valerian Root, Milk Peptides, Hops. You name I probably have it.

I live in Charlotte NC and I am seriously checking myself such as Silver Pines up in the Poconos. 
I have some support here but wife and I seperated  back in June.

Other than yoga are you able to exercise? Maybe running, swimming or brisk walking? I am sorry that you are having a difficult time sleeping. The separation must make it even harder, I'm sure. One thing that helped me was chamomile tea. Many people on benzos are sensitive to the apigenin in chamomile, but it really helped me relax and fall asleep. Deep breathing, meditation and massage were also very calming. I hope that you can find the right combination to help you relax.

Buddie drs will keep upping the meds, or put u on heavier drugs like anti psychotics. Ur story is so familiar, it happened to me and I read it on here all the time. 
u need to lay down ur guns and surrender. No amount of drugs will help now. Only time will.

im not sure u are in a place to accept this news but eventually u will have to weather its now or in 6 months or 2 years. But if I was u I’d accept it now and get the real work of recovery going coz drs only have more drugs and no silver bullets. 
really sorry u have to go thru this.

Mirtazapine as sleep aid is more effective at lower doses like 7,5mg.  30mg is too much and leaves too much serotonin in the body.  I once tried that dose and got restless legs.