My Brain Has Recovered !!

[Li...]

On 13/12/2023 at 01:17, [[L...] said:

26 years ago, I had a "situational" panic attack at the Dr's with my 4 young son's in tow.  The Dr prescribed me Xanax and for the next 10 years, he would prescribe me 1mg 4 times a day.  He then switched me over to Valium 15 mg in the morning and 10mg in the afternoon.  For 26 years, my whole central nervous system was being slowly poisoned and eventually disabled.  In September this year, I saw a new psychiatrist.  I told him that I was sleeping for about 18 hours a day and basically had absolutely NO quality of life at all.  He suggested an inpatient stay at The Hobart Clinic in Tasmania, Australia.  My rapid taper started on October 2nd and I took my last ever Valium on 26th October 2023.  I went almost immediately into acute withdrawals (I do not recommend this at all !!), after the first drop in dose and I stayed there until 30 days zero Valium.  Today is 7 weeks off.  Nearly ALL symptoms have stopped.  I purchased a new car in September but was way too ill to drive it.  Today I woke up, after 26 long years.  I wouldn't wish this torturous journey on my worst enemy.  I've had 2 mini seizures and 2 emergency dept stays.

I can now taste food again, have more saliva in my mouth, have no pain in my body anywhere after years of mysterious pain,  mysterious rashes have disappeared, fowl body odour completely gone, heart palpitations that I've had for years have completely stopped, I'm thinking clearly, I can see things in 3 dimension again, my hearing is super sharp, colours are way brighter and basically in a nutshell, I'm happy to be alive !!

I've spent the day OUT today,20230915_103740.thumb.jpg.d623ec9121cda469160ca67e919df87b.jpg for the first time in years ! I smelt my new car for the very first time, enjoyed driving it so much, visited 2 lots of friends, had one hour of refexology which felt AMAZING !! Had a pedicure, a manicure, then wandered around a huge shopping centre with absolutely NO ANXIETY AT ALL !! I just wanted to put this post up to encourage people and to say that not everyone is going to have a long healing journey.  My brain is well on the way to a full recovery, even though I was sure I was going to die and this has been the most terrifying experience of my whole life to date.  I feel like I have woken from a 26 year coma and have been completely re born ! I don't sleep at ALL through the day now and sleep for about 6 to 7 hours at night.  It's broken sleep but that's OK. 

I'm now 56 and feel like my life has just begun !! 🤗❤️

You will heal too !! 🤗❤️

Amazing story Lisa. I am so happy for you. Where did the new car come from? The ribbon.....did you win it in a contest?

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Amazing story Lisa. I am so happy for you. Where did the new car come from? The ribbon.....did you win it in a contest?

@[An...] No I treated myself and bought it in September from VW Hobart 😍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[An...] No I treated myself and bought it in September from VW Hobart 😍

Good for you Lisa. Enjoy! Nice looking car btw. 👍 I wish I could buy a new car but I just can't afford it right now. My 17-year-old car still runs good, so I am happy. Enjoy your weekend Lisa.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[An...] it's my first ever and only ever new car.  It'll last me for life now. I'm 56 now and just wanted ONE brand new car in my life ♥️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

Congrats! Good to see another long hauler healed. Enjoy the new car and life outdoors. I'm almost 5 years off and tagging right behind you at 40 yrs old. Take care.

• Like 1

I'm so happy for you, Lisa! I really need to hear positive stuff now. I'm 5 months off clomazapam (28 years) and I'm still in a very bad way. Don't know if it'll end. The car is beautiful!!! Again, I'm happy for you.

• Like 1

[ap...]

How wonderful for you. You were fortunate to recover quickly, it is an amazing achievement

[ap...]
On 15/12/2023 at 07:22, [[L...] said:

@[...] It felt like I had been hit by a sudden bolt of lightning and my bed shook.  It happened twice and lasted but a split second.  It felt like KACHOONK in my head and whole body shook.

I honestly feel so amazing.  It's only now I can see just how much this drug had poisoned me.  I've had fowl body odour for several years, it's completely gone.  I've had mysterious purple patches under both arms, they've now gone. I was diagnosed with congestive chronic heart failure in 2016 with severe heart palpitations, they have completely stopped and my heart feels calm and amazing.  This drug was slowly killing me !! The most amazing thing is that I was diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder in 1997 and told I'd be on Xanax/Valium for life.  I NO LONGER SUFFER FROM ANXIETY !! 🤗

I remember when I became aware of trouble ahead, it was like an electric ran through my body and I could hardly walk when I was a 10k walker. I'm hoping it will be similar when I heal. It took me 3 years and 8 months to taper off 60mg of Val. I suffered a seizure and swelling on brain and hospitalised where they upped my Val. Another 10mg. Now I'm off 20 months with small signs of my old interests, but still very symptomatic. It's wonderful that you are so well