Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Grief setback

[Bu...]

Hey All,

I had put in a post last week that my beloved fur-baby had died.  Thank you to everyone who responded with such love and support.  Now I am finding that my grief has caused a huge setback in recovery.  So on top of the grief, missing my dog being with me as a huge emotional support during this process, I am also dealing with worsening of my symptoms.  My stomach and whole abdominal area is killing me. I taste acid all the time.  It feels like I've been shot in the back with an arrow.  Dizziness, insomnia, general body aches and pains, headaches, blurred vision, crappy broken-out skin:  all of it is worse again.  I just have this constant ache in my chest and this anxious feeling that I could have done something different, although I know logically that isn't true.  But this just really sucks.

• Like 2

I'm so very sorry, B, to read about your loss. I know it will be very hard for a while and i hope you will feel better soon. Animals play a very important part in my life, as well, and I've grieved much over them in this life. However, I'm not going to talk about myself right now. This is a really bad time owing to wd and I wish I had,good advice for you. Anxiety to tough now . Another poster advised that,chamomile tea might be relaxing, so I bought,some. I think it might be helping a little and you might want to try it to. 

Big hugs!!!

• Like 1

@[Bu...] I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved pet and that you're suffering from an uptick in awful symptoms now.  Unfortunately, we see this happen a lot, that a blow like the loss you've experienced can stress out your CNS and lead to symptoms becoming more intense.  It will settle down with time.  I hope it does soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a loved one is bad enough when our nervous system are running normally. Sending you lots of healing thoughts. I understand your pain 

• Like 1

That would be a low punch for me.  I can't even imagine what life would be without my dog.  Hope you recover.

• Like 1

Dogs to me are just like people, they are unique. Even if you have to cry every day, it is what it is.

Time will heal this wound and you can look back to your dog with a smile. 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2023 at 19:49, [[B...] said:

Hey All,

I had put in a post last week that my beloved fur-baby had died.  Thank you to everyone who responded with such love and support.  Now I am finding that my grief has caused a huge setback in recovery.  So on top of the grief, missing my dog being with me as a huge emotional support during this process, I am also dealing with worsening of my symptoms.  My stomach and whole abdominal area is killing me. I taste acid all the time.  It feels like I've been shot in the back with an arrow.  Dizziness, insomnia, general body aches and pains, headaches, blurred vision, crappy broken-out skin:  all of it is worse again.  I just have this constant ache in my chest and this anxious feeling that I could have done something different, although I know logically that isn't true.  But this just really sucks.

I rescued six puppies, and I think one of them might be the next Dalai Lama! They are magical. I'm in California. Not to negate your pain in anyway, but these puppies (who were about to be euthanized) have saved my life during a horrible withdrawal. I could save you one.

• Like 1

[c5...]

I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss @[Bu...]

I had to euthanise both of my beautiful pets in the last couple of years. Just like @[Ta...], they just happened to save my life 15 years ago. Saying goodbye was extremely emotional… I balled my eyes out in the vet clinic on both occasions, and anytime from then on that I felt that flood of emotion, I allowed it to pour out. And that’s my only advise…. avoid “blocking” and just allow the emotion to pour out whenever it arises. 

My deepest sympathy ❤️‍🩹 

@[Ta...],

I'm so glad you found such wonderful puppies. Thank you for the offer, but I think it will be a while before I consider getting another dog.  It is really kind of you to think of me, though. ❤

@[Wi...],

Thank you for the reminder.  I was doing ok, but the last couple of days, I've been missing him something awful again.  I've been trying not to think about it too much, but that probably isn't really helpful in the long run.  It seems absurd that I've made it almost two months without him.  I used to talk to him constantly and he was here with me and for me through this ordeal.  I am getting better and I wanted him to see that, too.  I wanted him to see his "mama" getting stronger again, going for walks again.  Sigh. 

It's very timely that this thread was picked back up. 

[c5...]

@[Bu...]

Yes… we tend to avoid the pain by “looking away”, but this only internalises/stores the emotional energy within the body and it fails to get processed. Just allow yourself to feel the emotion fully as it arises and have that release. You will probably have to keep reminding yourself to stop “blocking” because it’s a natural reaction to avoid fear, and ‘sadness’ we fear. ❤️