Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Full body pressure squeezed alive

[Ma...]

3 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

@[Ma...] how do you post and browse on here if you can’t use fingers. 

What an incredible useless post to this thread. I was explaining I cannot play guitar anymore cause I can’t use my fingers like that and I am laying horizontal all day from the dystonia. 
my whole body is locked and pulled in an s shape and my hands are clenching all the time. Stiff and fists.

if you want to help people here on benzobuddies, cause that is what we are here for, maybe gotta change ur attitude:))

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 04/12/2023 at 04:51, [[M...] said:

Someone has this still after a year off?

full body pressure feels like there is a heavy man of 10000 kilo on me pressuring me. 
Head skull breaking pressure

all muscles clenched

muscles pulling me

bedridden 

no improvements not even a tiny bit 

year off in 3 weeks

HELP:(

I have this i am 16 months out.  I'm so tired.  If my head isn't squeezing its my torso they take turns being dominate. I feel like my insides are being squeezed to death.   sometimes the vibration gets crazy and its hard to breath. I can walk and hardly feel it but when I sit or lay down its horrible.. UGH...

@[Ma...] What? I'm confused. I was sincerely curious how you are able to function. Not a single bad intent with what I said do you. You are obviously in a really bad place and I feel terribly for you, but you mentioned you couldn't use your fingers and I was wondering how you are able to do basic things like use a phone or a computer to type on here. That is all I was asking. I know many of us just want to be heard and talk about how we feel and I was hoping you'd tell me when I asked. I am so sorry if you read that any differently. I'll be sure to not ask you about yourself going forward. I am not sure how you read that I had an attitude that needs to be changed through that post. I don't think any of us are in a good place or feel good or we wouldn't be on here but I by no means was having an attitude towards you. But you calling me out like that doesn't help much if you want me to be honest, and kind of makes you look bad, or at the very least angry. You literally just said your hands are clenched all the time, stiff and in fists. So I think that justifies my question. If you felt it was too personal a question, maybe you shouldn't share your personal limitations in the first place unless you are wanting followup questions which were based out of concern. I think that's a legit question, sorry I triggered you. I'll leave you alone.

Edited by [mi...]
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[Sc...]

i am truely sorry for you it is still so bad or more sad even worse. 
i have it in head too and in the rest of my body 24/7 

sometimes my head stops but gets worse in back and legs arms, it changed locaties but it’s always severe in the upper body. 

if it doesn’t improve honestly I can’t continue forever as I am in so much pain and in my bed: couch since end 2021. Haven’t been able to do anything like groceries shopping cooking , drawing , I sang a lot and played guitar- impossible cause of dystonia in upper body, voice all the time gone as I am pressed on vocal chairs , can’t use fingers. Can only lay horizontal to prevent my body from locking up more, it’s a mess. Have only found two like this and both nothing improved years out,

we can only stay the course and accept it I guess. 
i am not sure if I can for long term but for now accepting is what keeps me alive 

6 hours ago, [[m...] said:

@[Ma...] how do you post and browse on here if you can’t use fingers. 

6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

What an incredible useless post to this thread. I was explaining I cannot play guitar anymore cause I can’t use my fingers like that and I am laying horizontal all day from the dystonia. 
my whole body is locked and pulled in an s shape and my hands are clenching all the time. Stiff and fists.

if you want to help people here on benzobuddies, cause that is what we are here for, maybe gotta change ur attitude:))

4 hours ago, [[m...] said:

@[Ma...] What? I'm confused. I was sincerely curious how you are able to function. Not a single bad intent with what I said do you. You are obviously in a really bad place and I feel terribly for you, but you mentioned you couldn't use your fingers and I was wondering how you are able to do basic things like use a phone or a computer to type on here. That is all I was asking. I know many of us just want to be heard and talk about how we feel and I was hoping you'd tell me when I asked. I am so sorry if you read that any differently. I'll be sure to not ask you about yourself going forward. I am not sure how you read that I had an attitude that needs to be changed through that post. I don't think any of us are in a good place or feel good or we wouldn't be on here but I by no means was having an attitude towards you. But you calling me out like that doesn't help much if you want me to be honest, and kind of makes you look bad, or at the very least angry. You literally just said your hands are clenched all the time, stiff and in fists. So I think that justifies my question. If you felt it was too personal a question, maybe you shouldn't share your personal limitations in the first place unless you are wanting followup questions which were based out of concern. I think that's a legit question, sorry I triggered you. I'll leave you alone.

Hi @[Ma...] and @[mi...]

To be frank, @[mi...], your post read as confrontational to me too. But the nature of quickfire text in these kinds of environments regularly leads to misreadings and misunderstandings. I take your word this was not your intention. Let's all just chalk up to that. You both strike me as good members, here for all the right reasons, so let's put it behind us and move on. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[Ma...] and @[mi...]

To be frank, @[mi...], your post read as confrontational to me too. But the nature of quickfire text in these kinds of environments regularly leads to misreadings and misunderstandings. I take your word this was not your intention. Let's all just chalk up to that. You both strike me as good members, here for all the right reasons, so let's put it behind us and move on. :)

Thank you Colin. There is already so much disbelief from the people that have no idea how bad benzo wd can be that questions like these from someone who isn’t that bad but also suffered really not useful. But I do know many of us are not theirselves and we just have to be more careful in how we treat people here than in any other forum I ever attended. 

i pray we all heal ♥️ 

please , dear universe, heal us

• Like 1

Well, I’m gonna bow out of this forum for awhile. I don’t have the stamina right now to window dress the tone every question I make so as to not offend everyone. Also not really in the mood for someone to tell me what is and isn’t useful for me to post. But out of respect for you it was your thread, and I’ll make sure never to comment on your threads again. I hope you get the answers you’re looking for and the people you need to post useful questions and comments. Peace out BB, for now.

• Sad 1

Muscle tension is probably my worst SX currently. Most of the pressure, pulling, feeling of being weighted down when I am upright walking, etc. are mostly felt in my torso.....chest and stomach. Ugh!

Hello - just to say I had this awful squeezing thing that went on and off for over a year, I felt like my body was trapped in a vice.  I was bedridden a lot of the time, sobbing.  Then one day for no reason I can think of it just…..stopped.  Its completely gone now.  Apparently its to do with dopamine imbalance.  Everyone heals from this ghastly symptom eventually, once the nervous system has rebalanced itself. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Well, I’m gonna bow out of this forum for awhile. I don’t have the stamina right now to window dress the tone every question I make so as to not offend everyone. Also not really in the mood for someone to tell me what is and isn’t useful for me to post. But out of respect for you it was your thread, and I’ll make sure never to comment on your threads again. I hope you get the answers you’re looking for and the people you need to post useful questions and comments. Peace out BB, for now.

Hi @[mi...]

The wording of your post lead to an ambiguous meaning. I too, quite often, find I need to clarify my words at BB. We do not always have the time to carefully construct our comments so that there is no room for (mis)interpretation. I suppose, I'm having to that again now with this follow-up post. Again, I do not think there was any malice in your comments. If you need BB, I hope you do not stay away for long.

Take care.

11 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Mikeyjoed please stay I read your posts alot and they help plus you need support too🙏🙏

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [[m...] said:

That shouldn’t be the result for you . If you need bb better stay and just also accept that you made a comment that wasn’t very helpful without further talking about it all the time. You could also say , yeah I understand it was a bit useless to respond on your whole story with just this question , so I could have said don’t worry we are all more sensitive it’s okay let’s forget about it. You are now making a bigger drama of it . If you love BenzoBuddies and most people here, please stay :) 

I already saw a post of a girl who really appreciates you so please focus on thag and not in this thread. Maybe it happened more often.. I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

How do people manage these symptoms when they live alone I live alone and struggling sry you are suffering mascha44444

🙏

I am sorry for you too. 
I love Alone my loved one died 4 weeks ago … he didn’t live with me but was here 3 days a week. 
my child is here 4 days and she has a taxi now thag brings her to school as I cannot do it myself . Cooking is a mess I eat some ready to eat soups and fruits…

we are hopefully coming out of this very very strong and in full Health❤️

7 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hello - just to say I had this awful squeezing thing that went on and off for over a year, I felt like my body was trapped in a vice.  I was bedridden a lot of the time, sobbing.  Then one day for no reason I can think of it just…..stopped.  Its completely gone now.  Apparently its to do with dopamine imbalance.  Everyone heals from this ghastly symptom eventually, once the nervous system has rebalanced itself. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

I hope so much you are right thanks so much woman❤️

13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Muscle tension is probably my worst SX currently. Most of the pressure, pulling, feeling of being weighted down when I am upright walking, etc. are mostly felt in my torso.....chest and stomach. Ugh!

For how long do u have this, do you have windows also from it?

Macha4444 so sorry for your loss you have alot going on bless you . I've been on my own along time but a serious accident incapacitated me then a dental procedure left me in excruciating pain...but the pain of losing a loved one is the worst pain take care of your self and keep posting I'm new here but I'm so glad I found this forum go easy on yourself🙏💕

• Love 1

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Macha4444 so sorry for your loss you have alot going on bless you . I've been on my own along time but a serious accident incapacitated me then a dental procedure left me in excruciating pain...but the pain of losing a loved one is the worst pain take care of your self and keep posting I'm new here but I'm so glad I found this forum go easy on yourself🙏💕

Thank you dear.

I sincerely hope one day we may heal. 
I am not sure if it’s possiblE for me but I hope at least to get better. 

I hope this for you too. 
And that one day a very special person crosses our path so we don’t always have to be alone again. 
I love being alone and was always on my own but all the special people which I truely loved are either dead or left me thinking I am a hysterical crazy ready for psych ward person after 17 months of quite extreme Aka :/

On 09/12/2023 at 08:57, [[W...] said:

Did your posture also changed from the vise grip?

i look so big now from all the muscles chronically contracting

i was very petite in my upper body and now I look like I am in the gym trying to be a body buldef

• 2 months later...
[Pa...]

I have a lot of tightness as well. I’m still tapering, so I’m sorry I can’t offer the perspective of someone who is already off. But I can sympathize with you and those who do. It’s difficult.  I am homebound/bedbound, and can’t do basic things. I have pre existing conditions, including hEDS. 

i found being out in sunshine helped some. It increases dopamine. there is something called Dopa responsive dystonia. A lack of dopamine can cause it. I wonder if this is what you may have? Have you tried raising Dopamine naturally? 

I have to drag myself out to my zero gravity chair, but found sunshine helps. I keep it off my head because that makes me feel worse, but I can tolerate sun on my body. i have been using earthing, deep breathing too.

It’s awful - I hope it lets up for you soon @[Ma...], @[An...], @[...], @[Sc...] , @[dj...], @[Te...]

@[me...] I’m so sorry for your loss.

@[Wa...] thank you for sharing your story of hope! Can you think of anything that precipitated your improvement? 

@[De...] I’m also on pregabln- it’s a nightmare. I hope you are improving. I have cervical issues. 

P

[Wa...]

Hi Paige - just to reassure everyone that the terrible ‘squeezing’ I had for months has completely gone away now, as my nervous system healed.  I found the only thing that helped at the time was either a hot bath or swimming in the (very cold!) British sea.   Temperature change seemed to ease it somehow……

• Like 1

[Pa...]
12 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

either a hot bath or swimming in the (very cold!) British sea.

Interesting! Were you using salts in your bath?

Cold water is very healing and good for the vagus nerve. That’s wonderful it helped you. 

[Wa...]

Hi Padgee - yes I used magnesium salts sometimes, it was the temperature change that really helped, though.   The main thing to remember is that it is a temporary symptom, one day, like me you will realise you haven’t had it for a few days, it is GONE. 

• Like 1

[ns...]

Full body pressure squeezed alive! 

Now that's a topic!

Today, today the full body squeezing is in full force and I thought my ribs were going to break!

I have slipped rib and this squeezing business is making that rib pop in and out and stabbing me in my upper left internal organs. Idk exactly what's under there but I get a sharp stabbing pain that takes my breath away!

It settles but I didn't think it was going to get better. 

These withdrawal symptoms change so much. I've never experienced anything like this! 

I've had this rib issue for yrs but never did I think it could feel like this!

The weakest link! If you have a previous injury or area of your body that u experience pain,  I think these no good lying benzos find it just to see if you respond!

Geez, give it a rest already!

It's easing up finally, I feel sorry for anyone who has this squeezing stuff for sure!

Ns

[Pa...]
4 hours ago, [[n...] said:

The weakest link! If you have a previous injury or area of your body that u experience pain,  I think these no good lying benzos find it just to see if you respond!

I agree about the weakest link! I’ve had injuries pop up from years ago, as well as exacerbation of current ones. I often feel like it’s weakened my collagen further as I have hEDS. 

Glad to hear the squeezing sensation is easing up for you, and hope you have better days ahead! 

• Like 1

[ji...]

@[Ma...]  im so sorry for your suffering.  may i ask if you have ever been well or stable while you tapered?

• Like 1