Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Squeezing head pressure

[Sc...]

[Sc...]
14 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I have to believe it will leave. I couldn’t live like this forever. Excruciating pain! This only really got bad for me in protracted withdrawal so I have hope it’s a symptom that will eventually leave. It’s actually harder to find others with this symptom. Hoping it passes for us both @[Sc...]

Mine gets so bad sometimes if i am under stress but its always there 24/7. Crushing tight pressure and tension

[Sc...]

11 years. Was more tolerable first couple of years now intolerable .

[Sc...]
On 24/03/2024 at 05:28, [[j...] said:

@[Sc...] that’s a long time to suffer. I’m really hoping you turn a corner soon 

I doubt it. My CNS has been damaged and altered, there is no reversing that. I have to accept what i have and move on. These drugs are very dangerous and should be banned. 

[Sc...]
16 hours ago, [[S...] said:

What do you mean like it got worse over time for you @[Sc...]

Yes the tension become worse over the years, probably from the nervous system change. 

[Sc...]

My head tension has got much worse, even my vision is getting blurry. Severe tightness all over my scalp, tight band around my head, pressure squeezing on the top, its so uncomfortable. Anybody have this as bad as me?. A severe injury occurred but nothing works anymore to reduce it.

[Sp...]

Hi Scooby. Why do you think your headache is tension type and not migraine? I also thought like this. I saw a neurologist, and he did diagnose me with NDPH migraine type. Currently, I am on anti migraine medications, and I feel better.

[Sc...]

Migraine is vascular in nature, like pounding. Mine is tension tightness all over the head. It is neurological damage from the drugs i was on and especially the rapid tapers. It gets so bad it affects my speech as well.

[Na...]
On 02/04/2024 at 18:14, [[S...] said:

Migraine is vascular in nature, like pounding. Mine is tension tightness all over the head. It is neurological damage from the drugs i was on and especially the rapid tapers. It gets so bad it affects my speech as well.

Have you ever figured out that it is a sensation of squeezing or is it that the muscles on your scalp are actually contracted and tight?

[Sc...]
34 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

Have you ever figured out that it is a sensation of squeezing or is it that the muscles on your scalp are actually contracted and tight?

It's a good question. If it's a sensation it maybe some sort of neuropathy. But my head squeezes so hard it affects my walking, balance, speech at times, vision and makes my body weak. I believe it's the muscle caused by dysfunction of the neurons in my brain. The drugs damaged and altered its function.

[Ha...]

Mine has improved since concentrating on healing my gut and histamine issues. Still not gone though. 4 years and counting. I  think it's come to a stage that the muscles need to be restrained on how to relax SOMEHOW 

Edited by [Ha...]

[Sc...]
Posted (edited)
On 05/04/2024 at 06:32, [[H...] said:

Mine has improved since concentrating on healing my gut and histamine issues. Still not gone though. 4 years and counting. I  think it's come to a stage that the muscles need to be restrained on how to relax SOMEHOW 

I doubt i have histamine issues. These problems are rare for most people.

Edited by [Sc...]

• 4 weeks later...
[Fi...]
Posted (edited)

Scooby have you ever went camping or some place without cell phones and wifi to see if your head tension gets better? 

Edited by [Fi...]

[Le...]

I have had luck reducing pressure and T doing tonnes of neck stretching and posture exercises. I cant stop without it coming back but it helps. The eye pressure did go away with the bad posture but not neck or tinnitus. Those need daily treatment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2024 at 21:08, [[F...] said:

Scooby have you ever went camping or some place without cell phones and wifi to see if your head tension gets better? 

Lol i wish it was that easy. The problem is neurological drug induced.

On 06/05/2024 at 18:48, [[L...] said:

I have had luck reducing pressure and T doing tonnes of neck stretching and posture exercises. I cant stop without it coming back but it helps. The eye pressure did go away with the bad posture but not neck or tinnitus. Those need daily treatment. 

Are you doing these neck stretches for tinnitus or the muscle tension of the head?. I have tinnitus that comes and goes daily, that's the least of my problems. The head tension is what destroys me.

On 03/04/2024 at 00:15, [[S...] said:

My head tension has got much worse, even my vision is getting blurry. Severe tightness all over my scalp, tight band around my head, pressure squeezing on the top, its so uncomfortable. Anybody have this as bad as me?. A severe injury occurred but nothing works anymore to reduce it.

We all are suffering. And no one can say that you suffer more than anyone else. Many of us still have 10-15 symptoms + a head pressure. But I can't say my problems are worse than others.

9 hours ago, [[N...] said:

We all are suffering. And no one can say that you suffer more than anyone else. Many of us still have 10-15 symptoms + a head pressure. But I can't say my problems are worse than others.

What are your symptoms?. I been here 9 years and have never seen anyone with head symptoms as severe as mine with my many posts regarding this symptom. 

Edited by [Sc...]