Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Squeezing head pressure

[Sc...]

I feel exactly the same… 

some places are permanent, some coming and going during day. 

my head feels like it’s exploding 24:7

my muscles are in a chronic contracture, pulling upper spine out. All feels rigid and painful  my nudcles feel like concrete/ tight rubbery, or steel poles. 
there is not 1 muscle that is unaffected

majes me beg on my knees.  
bedridden/ coucgridden because of this. 12 months out after reinstatement after cold turkey 

• Like 1

Mine seems to be gut related. I'm actually getting relief from Activated Charcoal that I've started taking as I'm trying to heal my gut and thought I may be detoxing a little. Don't know why it helps, but I'll take it 

10 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[Ha...] when did you start taking Activated Charcoal? And how long have you been 'detoxing'. I'm tempted to try it.

Only the past few days. I started taking a new probiotic a couple of weeks ago and a gut peptide KPV which was wiping me out. Sleeping 12 hours a day and still exhausted, so I figured it was doing some sort of detoxing etc. So gave the charcoal a try. Fatigue instantly improved and an added bonus of easing my muscle tension

Edited by [Ha...]

Thank you for your response. I'm dealing with mouth thrush to a degree that I've been on Nystatin Suspension for over a month(I waited at least a month+ hoping it would go away). I've never had this  issue...not to where I needed to take Nystatin. It's been a real pain...literally.

And I'm losing weight way too fast, because too many foods that I was already able to eat are off my 'ability to eat list'.

I know benzo ordeal really did a number on my digestive system...recovery has taken way too long. But sadly, with benzo "injury" some of us can be left with sensitive systems. It gets old. And I've been doing my best all along to do what is considered 'right' in order to heal. Oh well. One day at a time.:) 

Thanks again. And sorry @[Sc...]...didn't mean to hijack your thread!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

BlueRose did you ever get rid of your thrush ? I have had it now for 2 months been on Nystatin 2 times won’t go away, sometimes I think it makes it worse 🙁

@[...] I'm still dealing with thrush(?). I know my immune system is weak which undoubtedly is a factor. Initially I was on Nystatin and then I was prescribed a different antibiotic. Although the thrush has never returned to its original raging fury, it has hung on at an annoying level. I am able to eat "normal" now, but avoid sugar as usual. If this thing persists much longer, my dentist will probably have me checked for Planus Lichen.

I was tempted to continue with an antibiotic by starting Nystatin again, once the other antibiotic failed to fully work, but was concerned that prolonged antibiotic use wasn't a good idea. 

I've struggled with dry mouth ever since I began a low dose of Elavil for insomnia 30+ years ago. Been off of Elavil since 2012/2013. But the benzo/Zdrug issue no doubt has been the primary culprit with this long term issue of dry mouth. I'm certain a constant dry mouth doesn't help. I'm always trying to stay hydrated.

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this too Moe. Is this your first time with needing antibiotics? It was for me...and I'm 66.

BlueRose. Thank you for your reply, I have taken amoxicillin before  with no problem. I went back to the clinic and I am now on nystatin and fluconazole, keeping my fingers crossed it works and doesn’t put me in a setback. 

[Ha...]
16 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[Ha...] are you still taking Activated Charcoal and seeing good results?

I@m not taking it so much now. I've been working on my gut and it was helpful. But I don't seem to need it as much now

[Bl...]

Thank you @[...] and @[Ha...] for your replies. 

Moe, I do hope this round of Nystatin finishes the job.:classic_smile:

Having a mare, I'm glad to see that for now things are better. It seems like recovery is learning to understand the unpredictable nature of these symptoms that we struggle with. But it's great to see progress...I know my gut health has come a long ways in recovering from what these drugs did to it. Thank goodness!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Sc...]

I'm 11 years off and the squeezing head tension/pressure has not gone away, it has got worse over the years. These drugs are not safe, animal studies have shown they cause permanent brain damage, which also occurs in humans. Neurotoxicity is real.

• Sad 2

[Du...]
1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

I'm 11 years off and the squeezing head tension/pressure has not gone away, it has got worse over the years. These drugs are not safe, animal studies have shown they cause permanent brain damage, which also occurs in humans. Neurotoxicity is real.

Yes but why are there YouTubers smiling and promoting these posions?? Taking so many and claiming it changes their lives 

[Sc...]
11 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Yes but why are there YouTubers smiling and promoting these posions?? Taking so many and claiming it changes their lives 

They are under the influence and cannot think. Many of them are in willful denial the drugs cause harm until their health deteriorates then they start waking up to the reality the drugs are the cause. They are the ones that keep the psychiatric industry and pharma going and ruin it for everyone else.

[Ga...]

Scooby99, I read some of your earliest postings and see that you were on morphine for many years.  From what I have read, morphine can on its own cause many changes to the brain and also is contraindicated with many drugs, including benzos.  Do you think or have you ever considered that your severe headaches may be the result from the use of morphine???

On 18/03/2024 at 03:48, [[S...] said:

• Like 1

[Br...]

I literally signed up to find answers to my head squeezing . I’m 8 years out and the head squeezing seems to be getting worse . I hate this feelings so much 

[Br...]
26 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[Br...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! I’m very sorry you’re still struggling with this. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

[Sc...]
13 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Scooby99, I read some of your earliest postings and see that you were on morphine for many years.  From what I have read, morphine can on its own cause many changes to the brain and also is contraindicated with many drugs, including benzos.  Do you think or have you ever considered that your severe headaches may be the result from the use of morphine???

I took morphine for the head pain of the SSRI and benzo withdrawals. I was at high risk of dying on benzos and morphine combined. Lost consciousness once, lucky i made it out. I don't believe its morphine, the tension started on the rapid withdrawal from a combo of SSRI's and benzos. That shock to my nervous system is what damaged and altered it

[Sc...]
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

I literally signed up to find answers to my head squeezing . I’m 8 years out and the head squeezing seems to be getting worse . I hate this feelings so much 

Feels like muscle related?

[Br...]
24 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Feels like muscle related?

Feels like electric shocks 

[Sc...]
36 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Feels like electric shocks 

You said head squeezing. Electric shocks is not squeezing.

[jo...]

I have constant debilitating squeezing like I’m being crushed in a vice. It’s insanely painful and uncomfortable and it worsens from 3pm onwards every day. It’s my brain, shoulders, neck and back. It never gets better. It only seems to worsen. I’m 3 years out nearly and 4 years total harmed 

[Sc...]
9 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I have constant debilitating squeezing like I’m being crushed in a vice. It’s insanely painful and uncomfortable and it worsens from 3pm onwards every day. It’s my brain, shoulders, neck and back. It never gets better. It only seems to worsen. I’m 3 years out nearly and 4 years total harmed 

I have that vice like squeezing all over my head,, tight band around the head and pressure squeezing on the top. Also shoulders neck and back tight as hell. You described what i have.  All muscle related, this is brain damage from the drugs. The prescriber's are smiling we have been maimed.

[jo...]

I have to believe it will leave. I couldn’t live like this forever. Excruciating pain! This only really got bad for me in protracted withdrawal so I have hope it’s a symptom that will eventually leave. It’s actually harder to find others with this symptom. Hoping it passes for us both @[Sc...]