Important Survey - Please Participate ×

MTHFR

[Al...]

I have heard about MTHFR mutations alot esp in chronic illness. I am interested in more as I recently saw more posts in here regarding this topic

About 2 yrs ago I did a 23 and Me test.  Apparently now (temporarily) they wont submit your raw data. I did have my raw data submitted to a 3rd party company called Livewello.  I get confused on what it says regarding MTHFR and of course I understand you need to take it with a small grain of salt too.

Mutations in detox genes could really play alot not just with PAWS but chronic illness, chronic infections, adverse effects of medications, supplements/vitamins.

I looked closer at my raw data, turns out I have zero MTHFR mutation(s). I am devastated.  Am I crazy saying that? YUP maybe a tad, but please read on...

This really was my last resort for help and recovery for all my health problems and complications in the last 5 yrs.  This could have been why I cannot get better and cannot heal with so many things going on in my health (not just psych drug wd). At least I'd have an answer if it was detox pathways and methination preventing me from healing or my body not responding/metabolizing certain drugs hence why some ppl have more problems and take longer there is help for people with the MTHFR mutations. At least I would know I finally may have had an answer after 5 yrs of misery and spiraling more down hill. 

My God I cannot win. How much more do I have to sacrifice to have my life back, $$$ wasted, heartbreak, loss. A deal with the devil.