Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Surviving abilify withdrawal

[cl...]

Things are going okay so far, i started feeling more the first few days of my taper from 15 to 12. I have so far to go still and i miss what i once had. I used to just be high on life, now i feel like i hit a wall where nothing gets through to me sometimes. I long to feel complete again.

@[cl...]  Welcome to Benzo Buddies!!!!   Glad you are here.   I see you are withdrawing from Abilify.   Good for you for making that choice.   While this site is primarily dedicated to those withdrawing from benzodiazepines, there is "room" for those withdrawing from other psychotropic drugs to get some help.  Having said that you might get better input from a group that specifically addresses Abilify withdrawal.   In the meantime, maybe some will respond to your post that has some experience with Abilify.   You can also search on "Abilify" in this forum and see what other posts have been made about this subject.  

How long have you been tapering?    Glad to hear things are going okay so far.       

As far as missing what you once had, are you talking about whilst on Abilify?    What caused you to start tapering?

I started coming off because i never wanted to be on drugs on the first place it was just a short term solution. I dont like the way it makes me feel and i miss who i was before it

@[cl...] What was the reason for you taking Abilify?   How long did you take it?   How long have you been tapering?   

Totally understand not liking the way it makes you feel.   I think a lot of people have this problem with mood stabilizers.   

You will get back to your old self, but it might take some time.   

Just as long as im back to my old self i dont mind it taking time. i dont wanna get too much into what brought me here cause id hate for tou to judge me.