Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Safe topical antifungal?

[...]

I have a stubborn case of ringworm. Never had it in my life. Wondering if people have had success with topical antifungals without revving or setbacks? In particular, I’m curious about tea tree oil, Tolnaftate. and Allimax. 

Hello @[...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I assume your inquiry is relation to using antifungals when also taking benzodiazepines (or z-drugs), or during recovery after withdrawal of benzodiazepines - yes? If yes, I am unware of any valid reasons to be concerned about those treatments or supplements in connection with benzodiazepine use or withdrawal. But you might wish to wait for other members to comment who might know more than me about the actions of these substances.

Thanks, Colin.  I'm 3 years past a CT so my nervous system is still very sensitized.  I know anti-fungals can be problematic, especially when taken orally.  There are mixed reports on Clomatrix and a word of caution about the -azole antifungals.  So I'm looking for alternatives.

@[...] I assume your ringworm is on your body and not in your hair (don't know anything about it in hair). I had a case of ringworm during my taper -- got it from a ringworm cat I was fostering. My doc said to use Miconazole spray -- it was on one arm -- and follow the directions that came with it. It's OTC. I think I sprayed for about 2 weeks. It cleared up nicely. My doc told me that if the ringworm persisted, I might need an oral antifungal. Fortunately, I didn't need one. Have you had your doc take a look at your ringworm? Might be worth a look-see if it's persisting after a course of spray/cream. Best wishes.

I remember having ringworm, didn't even know what the heck it was at first.  I was told to use clear finger-nail polish.  It was gone in a day or two, smothered it and nope, it didn't burn :)

Thank you for your feedback. I decided to try tea tree oil and that seems to be working. I’ll keep these other ideas in mind should it persist

• Like 1