Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Repeat infections, Doctor concerned!

[Ga...]

I have continued to get infections almost monthly and my doctor has said he wants to check my immunoglobulin and EBV levels.  Two years ago my EBV levels were elevated, but last year back to normal.  He will have the blood tests done tomorrow so by next week I should receive the results.  I am at 44 months post-taper from one year prescribed Valium for muscle spasms.

Anyone else get repeat infections????

GG

Thanks, Pianogirl!  The doctor took blood on Friday to check both immunoglobulin and EBV titers, so should get the results early next week.  I was tested for Lyme a few years ago and that was ruled out.  Two years ago my immunoglobulin test was normal, but my EBV had reactivated. Last year my EBV was normal.  I remember Dr. Ashton noted that some people seem to get more infections than others, and I guess I am one of those.  Once I get the UTI situation under control, I can stop taking antibiotics.  My recent blood work in the ER showed no issues at all.  I seem to be in a pattern of feeling great and healed for periods of time, then crash for some unknown reason back into a wave.

The good news is that I have nothing major going on, and at 44 months could be heading into my final open window!

Thanks for weighing in.  BTW, I posted in Chewing the Fat this morning an article from England discussing how Valium may be affecting the brain???   Kind of scary!

• Like 1