Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Aloe Vera capsules

[Ga...]

My urologist has suggested that I take Aloe Vera capsules daily as a preventative measure for repeat UTI’s.   I have read positive things about it, but, as always, nervous about adding anything that might upset my apple cart any further!  Unfortunately back on an antibiotic for another UTI which was diagnosed in the ER last Sunday!  UTI’s are seen in the ER more frequently than almost any other physical ailment, so said my ER nurse.  Seniors are more prone to them so my urologist and I are working together to find natural ways to prevent them!  Any input will be appreciated!!!!

GG

• Like 1

@[Ga...] I haven't taken aloe vera in capsule form, but I drink 4 oz of it every morning as an alternative to orange juice (eeeek!) which I guzzled for years. The aloe juice is so soothing to my stomach, which really got beaten up during my taper. Ugh. Love it. I put aloe on sunburns, too. I can't think it would be anything but soothing for your innards. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

I haven't used Aloe Vera for UTI's but I have used something called  D-Mannose. It's a natural supplement and I've found it highly effective for UTI's. 

• Like 1

I drink it all day. Love the stuff and makes a nice change from drinking water all the time. No problem with it and it's good for the gut. I did read it can detox you though, so might be something to be aware of