Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Extreme sweating and no clue what's causing it....

[co...]

I've not been on here in a long time.  A lot has happened since I last posted.

I FINALLY managed to find a good psych doctor and a good therapist.

I did TMS. Over 50 treatments.  It helped...a little.

I'm currently on Cymbalta 90 mg, Klonopin 1 mg, Seroquel 37.5 mg and Vyvanse 30 mg. I also take Gabapentin for "fibro". Nexium and Micardis (bloodpressure).

I'm really tired of everyone messing with my psych meds though.  I can't get a break from it. 

My psych is planning on tapering me off Seroquel and Klonopin over the next few months.  

I'm on a lot less psych meds than I was a year ago.  It's been a long horrible road.  

I dread coming off the rest of the Klonopin. We are waiting until after the holidays.

My huge problem right now is the extreme sweating I've been having.  It's been a year since I tapered from 2 mg of Klonopin to 1 mg. 

The sweating started in April.  I had to come off Vyvanse last November.  I was off it for several months.  My new psych doctor would not put me back on it, but agreed to put me on Modafinil.  The sweating started then.  WE switched to methylphenidate after several months because I thought the Modafinil was causing sweating.  No change.  Well, Vyvanse generic came out and he put me on it and same thing. Extreme sweating.  I never had issues with Vyvanse in the past. I was on it for nearly 20 years.  

We've also been messing with my other meds at the same time, so not really sure what's going on.  It's affecting my life big time though. I've become heat intolerant. I can no longer exercise.  I sweat too much. It's too uncomfortable.

Can it be that I can't tolerate amphetamines anymore? 

The meds I'm on are so damn sedating that it's really hard for me to function during the day.

My whole life has been on hold for over the past year. I don't know what to do.

I went to see my regular doctor and she did blood work. Not diabetic and no thyroid issues.  I have had some sinus tachycardia though. That is new.  Could it be heart related? It's very frustrating.

I have noticed that the Vyvanse no longer really works for me.  It used to give me energy and keep me so focused. Not now.

Hi,

I think TMS is overblown. I also did it and it did very little to help IMO. I had a mild headache after each treatment. It is expensive (with good insurance) and a good money-maker for the provider, but please do your due diligence before trying.

AntiBenzo, I agree TMS is very overrated.  I had headaches and fatigue the entire time.  I would rather try spravoto.  But, my doctor is more pro TMS. It did help, but not as much as I would have hoped. I'm not in "remission".