Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hashimotos

[ca...]

Anyone know what it means to have Hashimotos but normal thyroid test results?  I have Lyme also and I'm pretty sure chronically elevated cortisol.  Since Thyroid and adrenals are linked, I don't know why my thyroid numbers are normal if cortisol is continuously high.  Something isn't right.  Cause my progesterone to estrogen ratio is really low.  And Progesterone is used to make cortisol.  So I'm not sure to focus on my thyroid or to focus on my hormones.  With my high TPO, I'm sure something is attacking my thyroid.

PS.  does thyroid get lazy from taking something like Armour or Nature thyroid?  Same goes for hormones like progesterone?

Edited by [ca...]

9 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Anyone know what it means to have Hashimotos but normal thyroid test results?  I have Lyme also and I'm pretty sure chronically elevated cortisol.  Since Thyroid and adrenals are linked, I don't know why my thyroid numbers are normal if cortisol is continuously high.  Something isn't right.  Cause my progesterone to estrogen ratio is really low.  And Progesterone is used to make cortisol.  So I'm not sure to focus on my thyroid or to focus on my hormones.  With my high TPO, I'm sure something is attacking my thyroid.

PS.  does thyroid get lazy from taking something like Armour or Nature thyroid?  Same goes for hormones like progesterone?

Although uncommon, you can have a high TPO result, but not suffer from Thyroid disease. Though, you should now be regularly tested as you have an elevated risk of developing thyroid disease.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/thyroid-disease/expert-answers/faq-20058114

Thanks for the replies.  My fear is not taking action and using some sort of treatment to take the work off the thyroid but how would one know if it is a true thyroid condition or some secondary condition.  It's all very confusing.  Another paranoia is to take some supplement and then be stuck on it for life and the thyroid becomes lazy.

Hi @[ca...], I noticed you don’t have your history filled out, can you populate that with your benzo status so we can know where you are in your journey? 

Can you tel us about your Lyme, a lot of members have been diagnosed with it but it turned out to be withdrawal related.  Also, are you seeing an endocrinologist? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have Hashimoto's disease, and it was not caused by vaccinations.    After my first pregnancy at age 41, my immune system attacked my thyroid.   This is not scientific at all, but my body was probably in overdrive from my pregnancy and my immune system was attacking anything and everything.    I take Levthyroxine to help my thyroid function at a greater capacity then it would without medication.   My doctor who diagnosed me was at Vanderbilt and is now the number two guy at the NIH (National Institutes of Health).    He probably knows of what he speaks.  

Thyroid issues can be hard to diagnose, but my symptoms were very obvious.......very tired all the time, dry skin, cold all the time, etc.      Just basing a diagnoses on your numbers can be very tricky.   You can have normal FSH and TSH numbers and still have an overactive/underactive thyroid.  What does your doctor say?  Do you have symptoms of thyroiditis?