Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Horrible headaches most of the time any help

[jl...]

I am 33 months clean from a 2 year taper from 5 years of 2 mg xanax daily. Some symptoms have gone now for a couple years but I still suffer horribly. This post is about almost daily moderate to severe headaches that have started almost a year ago. The pain is in both temples and behind my eyes and around my sinuses. I do not have sinus issues congestion. Even 2 hours of light work most of the time triggers the headaches, and sometimes nothing triggers them they just come for no reason it seems.  I am however stressed 99 percent of the time due to this horrible withdrawal syndrome. It is hard not to be stressed when you can only work one day a week due to horrible chronic daily fatigue. My post is to ask for any help or advice for these headaches. I have tried Rizatriptan and it works some but not much. Does anyone know what else I might could try? I am scared to try botox for headaches, I am not sure how my body will react because it is so sensitive to everything. I have so many other severe symptoms but right now the headaches are my biggest on going issue. I appreciate any help or advice. I have tried all the otc meds and even menthol ointment which helps slightly for a minute or two and ice packs which help for a minute or two as well. I also have very normal blood pressure and pulse.

Thanks for any help. 

I am in the same boat with the headaches and have been from the very start of my withdrawal from a one year prescription of Valium.  I am now at 43 months post-taper and my headaches had seemed to lessen recently, but I had two pretty bad falls recently within a two day period, and now my head and neck pain is quite bad.  I just had an MRI of my neck and spine, and found that I have some herniated disks in my neck, along with some other disk issues in my spine.  I will see my orthopedic doctor/surgeon next Thursday and we will go from there.  I just want to wake up without pain as most of my other symptoms have faded away.

I hope you get some relief soon…..head pain is awful and can certainly limit daily activities!

GG

Edited by [Ga...]
Grammar correction

I’m recovering from an anterior cervical fusion. Surgery was 2 months ago and I’m getting less headaches. Prior to this, daily debilitating headaches for 5 years. I’m 7 years benzo free after 20 years of K. Botox has also helped me. I have altered my lifestyle in every way possible to decrease stress.