Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Clonidine

[Ch...]

I just read that clonidine is addictive also. I was put on clonidine 0.1 mg to help with my sleep. I am freaking out. I have been taking every night to help me sleep. Should I stop. I don’t trust my psychiatrist. I am so scared. I never want to touch a pill again. Please help. My day started good but now I have some major anxiety. All that psychiatrist wants to do is put pills in my body 

@[Ch...] I know it’s easier said than done, but please try not to panic.  You stated that your ‘day started good’.  This is good news in itself.

How long have you been on the clonidine?  Is it helping your sleep?

.1 is a low dosage. Is it making you dizzy or tired the next day? You can get rebound hypertension but its not addictive like benzos are

@Rebound hypertension what is that 

7 hours ago, [[F...] said:

@[Ch...] I know it’s easier said than done, but please try not to panic.  You stated that your ‘day started good’.  This is good news in itself.

Yes been in on it I think since June or July. 

@[Ch...] Rebound hypertension occurs when blood pressure rises after you stop taking, or lower the dose of, particular medications.  This is common for medications such as beta blockers and clonidine.  If clonidine is helping you sleep, and not causing you any issues, my opinion would be to not worry yourself with this medication at the moment. 

16 hours ago, [[F...] said:

I am very drowsy 

Always take your BP before taking the medication. You need top numbers over 100-110 from what I've experienced in treatment centers to even be given the medication. (they'd give this medication to help with the symptoms of opioid/benzo wd as a PRN or if you were bad enough off up to 3x a day). You are likely experiencing rebound hypertension, like the others are saying and or also might be taking the medication when your bp is too low. It is very possible to bottom your BP especially if you don't know how the medication works. If it is making you feel dizzy or if you go to stand up and are blacking out or fainting, it means your BP was lowered too much. 

On 19/10/2023 at 13:59, [[F...] said:

I am very drowsy 

Hi, @[Ch...].  You may have not seen my reply in thread.  Here it is:

On 19/10/2023 at 21:49, [[F...] said:

@[Ch...] Rebound hypertension occurs when blood pressure rises after you stop taking, or lower the dose of, particular medications.  This is common for medications such as beta blockers and clonidine.  If clonidine is helping you sleep, and not causing you any issues, my opinion would be to not worry yourself with this medication at the moment. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Clonodine is great but Propranolol is the superior drug of a similar class.  From my experience anyway. 

Hello @[Bl...], welcome to BenzoBudddies, and thanks for offering your experience. 

Pamster