Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Budesonide can cause kindling or make you kinda of updose indirectly?

[fu...]

Saw this on https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/#corticosteroids-all-forms:

"Corticosteroids (All Forms)

Glucocorticoids exert an opposing rapid regulation of glutamate and GABA synaptic input."

I am using budesonide daily and intend to do it until I do for 2 or 3 weeks. Am I playing with fire regarding benzo tolerance? I don't know how to interpret this paper properly.

Your views and experiences are welcomed.

Edited by [fu...]
removal of redudant content

Hello @[fu...]

The paper cited by BIC is an animal study from 2009.  The researchers took hypothalamic slices from the brains of decapitated rats (poor rats). They found that dexamethasone facilitated the release of GABA but inhibited the release of glutamate from the hypothalamic slices by two different pathways (i.e. triggering the synthesis of nitric oxide in the case of GABA and endocannabinoid in the case of glutamate).   

If you have not already done so, might I suggest that you check for interactions between budesonide and any other medications you are taking (e.g. the metabolism of clonazepam can be increased when combined with budesonide)?  I also suggest you research whether or not you need to taper this medication after treatment, and, if so, how to do this.

• Like 1

Budesonide is an steroid, it set people back as dexametasone, wont help you with HPA axis or adrenal fatigue,imo it will most likely cause you a setback