Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Zoloft taper post benzo taper.

[JT...]

Hey all, I’m new here. Recently went through a benzo withdrawal after short term use (less than 3 weeks) and am still dealing with symptoms. I’m also on Zoloft and considering tapering it as well. I’m 9 days removed from my last klonopin dose and recently tried to up my Zoloft dose to 50mg which is basically the smallest therapeutic dose. I was on 25mg of Zoloft for 3 weeks, then 50mg for 5 days and as soon as I made the increase I became uncomfortably wired to the extent that didn’t sleep a single hour. I was sleeping about 3-4 hours a night post benzo withdrawal, which was enough for the time being but I simply cannot tolerate the Zoloft adding to my insomnia. What’s funny about all this is that both of these drugs were prescribed to me to help me sleep and while that worked temporarily, that’s no longer the case. I’d almost rather return to the lack of sleep I was getting pre drug intervention than what I’m getting now. Any thought on whether or not this is a mistake or how to properly taper the Zoloft?