Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone tried Lyrica/pregabelin

[le...]

Just tried find something to help my extreme anxiety, OCD type symptoms. Was triggered by being forced to go ct off zop, then they tried on various Ad’s that made symptoms lot worse. Had lot emotional stress as well, not been eating properly for months, git no energy. Just wondered if anything that would help that’s not complete hell to come off.I am being assessed for cbt therapy next week. Gave me small script for lorezapam but not really helping. As sometimes get crying bursts that can go on for hours. AD’s I took were citalopram, sertraline, seroxat and duloxetine. Any suggestions welcome.

Leann, I was given Lyrica back in the early 90’s for what was thought to be fibromyalgia, and within one month I had gained ten pounds!  My doctor took me off quickly and I had some bad side effects, so can’t give you any positives from my experience.  I also was given Ativan several times in the ER for headaches, and that has only added to my long recovery!  I was also polydrugged and that has pretty much guaranteed me “membership” in this long haulers group!

Good luck!

GG

Doesn’t sound great thanks. Just think I need something as well as therapy but can’t tolerate Ad’s. Just want a day when I don’t cry at some point. We have both had a virus for couple weeks hasn’t helped. The lorezapam not helping not that I want take that for long.

@[le...]  I am curious if the Lorazepam has helped at all.     A lot of times when you reinstate the benzo or the Z-drug, it does not help with your withdrawal symptoms.  Are you still tapering the Ambien?   I am so sorry you are having a tough time.    

I wasn’t on ambien only zopiclone. Yes the zopiclone really helping calms me down at night going do proper taper hope works. Lorezapam doesn’t help much stops me crying but doesn’t help the thoughts, not something want to take for long. The trouble is the SSRI’s recommended for intrusive thoughts made them much worse. Being assessed for CBT but whether will be able to do it not sure. Mental symptoms are relentless, sorry to moan on and on😵‍💫

I am sorry, sometimes I get confused.  Are you aware that those are basically the same drug?  Zolpidem (Ambien) and Zopiclone are referred to as Z-drugs.  They are both hypnotics and can cause a very difficult withdrawal.  I know you CT'd from Zopiclone a few years ago.  I am glad it is helping a bit now with your sleep, but the sooner you begin to taper off the better.  I hope you are approved for CBT!  I thought at one point you were seeing a therapist.  Was that CBT?  I have benefitted tremendously from CBT!!!  It is a lot of work, but it was very helpful.  

Leann, you do know that Lorazepam is also called Ativan?  It is a pretty nasty one to come off of, so good you are stopping it!  I think Dr. Ashton at one point said it was one of the most difficult to come off!  
When is your  grand baby due?  How exciting for you….are you knitting any baby clothes???

I just got the lorezapam for when I was having major meltdowns, not helping much. I never had any problems on zopiclone took it as and when for years. The AD’s were the things that caused me real problems then had really bad reaction to flu jab. I am tapering off the zopiclone, managed get down to really low dose befire without problems. Everyone seems different I know some struggle with zop whereas was fine with me. Same with AD’s really help some but made me worse. Just wish could find something that helps without being hell come off. Baby due end March, going try knitting a shawl therapist suggested it as a distraction! This journey just seems endless😳😳😳😳👽

Yes, this is the worst and longest lasting journey I have been on and am so ready for the window to recovery to open up!   Wonderful news about the baby and yes, the distraction will be beneficial.  It seems that working with our hands can have a nice calming effect.

Take care and keep the faith!

GG

• 2 weeks later...

Lean pregabalin helped my mental symptoms, just after 10 months of major brain injury symptomalogy, not easy to quit given the underlying brain injury, that was 6 y ago and i went through another brain injury from benzos

It didnt do anything previous from reaching these 10 months, so as you re again kindling your receptors it might not help as much if you wasnt doing this

I told you that several times prior from you decide to keep sensitizing your receptors

Lorazepam= benzodiazepine, works on GABA A receptors and its subunits

Ativan = same

Klonopin = samebenzodiazepine, works on GABA A receptors and its subunits

diazepam= samebenzodiazepine, works on GABA A receptors and its subunits

Zolpidem and Z drugs= Samebenzodiazepine, works on GABA A receptors and its subunits

Your issues are from benzos, which are the same as Z drugs in terms of mechanism of action, you had an adverse bad reaction and further injury from antidepressants as you were already undergoing neurotoxicity, i also had that from duloxetine, same as you did

You could Try Intranasal insulin 0.2 ml , 20 units, 0.2 ml from a 1ml insuline seringe, aspire the insulin from the vial, CUT the needle off from the syringe with a scisor, then  drop 01.ml in each nostril

If works, i was in a setback and it calmed my setback, probably something with HPA axis, adrenal and endocrine issue in the brain, it has several mechanisms of neuroprotection and its being used with Edaravone for alzheimers, you could try both, you find Edaravone on www.pglchem.com  or Indiamart MS Traders

If you search about Edaravone + neuroinflamattion or Alzheimer's or TBI or anxiety and depression you will find good info, same goes for Intranasal Insulin

You Wont have issues mixing Those with pregabalin as i did already with IN insulin, it might help you one more time stop kindling your brain and causing more damage, it might calm your intrusive toughts and anxiety aswell.. Insulin is easy to achieve, just call a pharmacy and ask for it

Its not pinned intramuscularly, its Intranasal administration, imo do that favor to yourself, try them, i gave you the sources, insulin you buy from the pharmacy, imo dont waste time, try it , good luck

Edited by [De...]