Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Gabapentin withdrawal- need advise, please!

[he...]

Hi all,

I stopped taking Gabapentin 300mg about 1 month ago after taking it on and off for about 6 months. I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that it works similarly to a benzo and that I would be experiencing horrific withdrawal symptoms after discontinuation. I could just kick myself for not even thinking about it! I just reinstated it about 2 days ago, but the symptoms continue nonetheless (wanting to come out of my skin, burning sensation in upper body and head, anxiety, etc.) I don't know what to do as I have no idea if or when the symptoms will discontinue. I have gone back on it, hoping symptoms would dissolve. However, choosing to go back on it, also means have to eventually taper of of it. I am already in the process (6 months so far) of doing a slow taper from Temazepam 30mg. I try to tell myself the symptoms I am experiencing are just temporary, but I am actually freaking out in fear that the symptoms will last for months. I can't bear being like this! I appreciate any feedback or encouragement.

Thank you kindly! Heather