Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Mirtazapine/ Remeron Withdrawal Stiff Muscles.

[Fi...]

Hi,

I'm looking for some reassurance regarding muscle stiffness.

I am down to 1.4mgs of Mirtazapine/Remeron and for the last month my muscles have been very stiff. I've done some massages and chiropractic work but it hasn't given me much relief. 

In the past during previous withdrawals, including bemzos, my symptoms were mental. Thank God those symptoms are gone for me now. 

Wanting some reassurance that this stiffness will pass once I'm off. 

Thanks. 

Final Healing 

In my experience, the stiffness is from your body being stuck in fight and flight. Try grounding barefoot for at least 30 minutes and see if it dissipates. 

I appreciate your perspective @[Re...]

I actually don't feel stuck in fight or flight mode. I'm very relaxed and not anxious in the least. 

This just feels like my muscles are dried out or stiff from the antihistamine effect of the medication.

I was looking to hear from Mirt users who had muscle stiffness during withdrawal and then had that stiffness dissappear. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

FH

Hmm muscle stiffness and some twitching was a bit issue in acute withdrawal, 18 months ago for me now. It has very rarely returned and quite mildly when it has. It has been a lot more regular over the last month when I've been tapering mirtazapine - it's relatively mild, enough to not notice after a minute or two but still enough to notice probably once or twice a day on average.