Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Vaccines

[kl...]

Hi all, I got a job as a patient care coordinator and one of the requirements is I get updated on my vaccines.  I detoxed off klopopin about 15 weeks ago.  I am feeling somewhat better, and I am worried these vaccines will cause a setback.  I will have to get the MMR, Hep B, and Tetanus shot.  So my question is has anyone received any of these vaccines and not had a bad reaction?  I am in this state of fear right now about pretty much anything causing these withdrawl symptoms to be any worse.  I almost feel like it is PTSD.  Thank you for your help in this matter.  

Hello @[kl...],

I can only speak to the tetanus shot I had during withdrawal. I had no reaction except for a sore arm. I’m fully healed from benzo withdrawal for many years now, but I get minor reactions to pretty much every vaccine. That is why my doctor suggested I never get more than one at a time. I did have flu shots during my withdrawal and recovery and just had a flu like feeling for a day or so, same as I have now.

pianogirl 

3 hours ago, [[k...] said:

I am in this state of fear right now about pretty much anything causing these withdrawl symptoms to be any worse. 

I believe this is going to cause more problems for you than the vaccines will, I consider stress to be the number one contributor to increased symptom severity.  

Not everyone will get setbacks, I never did and I lived my life as normally as I could so I hope you can let go of some of your fear because its exciting you got this job, it sounds like a really good one!

• Like 1

I had my tetanus/diphtheria/whooping cough vaccine during tapering and didn't have an unusual problems, just the normal side effect of having a sore arm. I don't remember my hep B shot having any side effects at all when I got it so I wouldn't be worried about that one. I can't speak to the MMR because I was a kid when I got it and honestly don't remember it (although I do remember my tetanus shots as a kid so it was likely uneventful). Catching any of the diseases these prevent would be about a hundred times worse than the vaccines regardless so bear that in mind as well.