Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Would all the buddies here answer the questions I ask about tapering in this post?

[Sw...]

If we could make a thread cataloging waves and windows and timeline association i think it would be so beneficial.

What MG did you start at? What mg did you peak at? What taper method did you use? When did you jump? What were all your symptoms? When did you first start having windows? When did you start having waves? What was the duration of each?

If this is in the wrong section I am sorry and if an administrator needs to move it, totally get it.  

I started at 0.25mg arivan taken once or twice per week kept increasing until I eventually reached a peak of 1.5 mg Xanax per day.  I had bad akasthasia and knew it was the med causing it so I tapered faster than I should have but I couldn’t handle the akasthasia so I pushed through much faster than advised and was off in 4-5 months.  I never had a window or wave as my symptoms are consistent. Very very slow improvement but no major ups and downs 

my symptoms

wow. Ungodly list.  Akasthasia and none of that “inner akasthasia” stuff I’m talking never sat down and paced / shuffled for 22 hours per day 

A G O N I Z I N G. Tapering slow did not work to calm down the akasthias so I knew I couldn’t last long with that so I tapered fast because I couldn’t handle it. However the fast taper had some major side effects of its own agoraphobia monophobia head pressure dizzy faint light sensitivity zero feelings paranoia skin issues eye issues lost 40lbs just an incredible list of symptoms but my aka did go away the moment I was off all my stuff.  But I had 40 symptoms to now deal with.  Was truly a nightmare