Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tools to help with the fear and Anxiety

[St...]

C/T Steve here.  One tool that my new Psychologist gave me for anxiety that I have never heard before in my life.  But he noticed when I had the fear, anxiety, and or sadness come over me that I would clench up and try to shake it off.   He said to try and just accept the feeling and breath through it and let it pass over me.  He said by receiving it and doing some slow breathing technique it allows your body to metabolize the anxiety and not hold on to it.  It’s just been 3 days but honestly it really does work for me.   I have scene more real improvement and the windows of relief throughout my day when I’m practicing the technique.  Give it a try.  It won’t hurt and we have all the time in the world at this point.  We can make it.  Hour by hour.  You can do it.

C/T Steve

Edited by [St...]
  • Like 4

Hi @[St...]

I am pleased this technique is helping you, thanks for posting, I am sure some members will try this out, as you say it won't hurt to try.

Thanks again, keep positive, it really does get better

Magrita:smitten:

• Like 2

@[ma...]Have you heard of this technique before.  I have done the breathing before in meditation but the Dr. said by tightening up my body and trying to force it away it was actually keeping my body from releasing it.  Also have you scene anything on here about nicotine and the effects it can have on the CNS healing?

C/Tsteve

Hi @[St...]

No haven’t heard that technique, but it makes sense, tightening up the body is going to make it worse .  I think mine was the 4-7-8 breathing technique, breathing in for 4 seconds, holding the breath for 7 seconds, and exhaling for 8 seconds. It did help with the dreaded morning anxiety.  

If you do a search Steve, I am sure you’ll find some threads with members discussing  “nicotine”. I quit the day I took my last benzo. 

Magrita :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Magrita - just read your post and practiced the 4-7-8 breathing - it helped with this early morning anxiety. My sleep is scattered and full of weird  dreams. All part of WD and healing is happening. 

17 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

Magrita - just read your post and practiced the 4-7-8 breathing - it helped with this early morning anxiety. My sleep is scattered and full of weird  dreams. All part of WD and healing is happening. 

Hiya @[gr...] I am so glad this helped, I hated that morning anxiety!!  I had the weird dreams as well Grace, I actually see that as good sign.

Hang in there, its going to get better.

Magrita:smitten: