Important Survey - Please Participate ×

IUD Removal

[an...]

Hello, I am asking for a person who didn't want to post this themselves. 

Has anyone in wd removed an IUD? MIrena? If so, how far off were you and what happened?

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I removed my mirena prior to being on benzos so not exactly the same situation. However, It was HORRIFIC for me. All the WD symptoms here from benzos i experienced after the removal. Thats actually what led me to benzos. The multiple doctors i saw swore i had depression and serious anxiety after removal but it wasnt true. I believe the "mirena crash" is just mirena withdrawl. After removal, i thought i was going crazy as panic attacks were horrible, tinnitus dreadful, feeling faint all the time, brain and body vibrations, feet were always cold but clammy no matter what i did,  suppper sensitive to sounds, felt like my heart was jumping out of my chest, and crying non stop. I would wake up crying and go to bed crying. I started to believe the doctors so  I tried the antidepressant which made me worse (dont even know how much worse i could have got) so never took them again. I think Xanax helped manage some of the mirena withdrawls but wasnt a cure right away.  
it may not be the same case as im not sure how the mirena has affected your friend. Some people get the mirena removed with no issues but that wasnt the case for me one bit. 

i dont want to scare you or your friend but this was my experience and the circumstances are a bit different!