Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

What symptoms are you still dealing with?

[Na...]

Hi everyone,

I was on 1 mg/day of Klonopin for 25 years.  I finished my taper about 5 years ago. Now on Lexapro. Top symptoms: panic attacks, abdominal distress, jelly legs, muscle tightness, irritability.

• Like 1

I’m almost three years off from c/t klonopin. I had taken .25 mg daily for five months, and sporadically before that for ten years. Sometimes I go several months feeling fairly normal and then have fatigue, muscle spasms and tremors with muscle weakness. I am so much better than I was the first year, and I’m hoping this miserable wave might signal the end of these BIND symptoms for me. I notice if I have too much stress it throws me back into these waves of symptoms, or if I just have too much activity for a couple of days. Basically, I have gone to 30 minutes of swimming everyday before work and 30 minutes of meditation everyday. I try to eat healthy and limit caffeine to one coffee a day. It’s really the muscle spasms and tremors that get me worried something else is wrong. Neurologist found nothing, so just waiting and hoping. 

• Like 4

Almost 9 months in after 14 years of Xanax/kolonopin. I stay in my bathroom hiding for most of the day. Going outside or being around people in general is really hard. Going for a walk/gym/the store. I can’t do those things. I have OCD issues. I wonder if it will ever go away 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All my biggest problems are tied to sleep.  I do still have minor tinnitus but it's so minor now I can easily ignore it.

1.Insomnia(severe)

2.Muscle twitches(minor)

3. Digestive issues(soft stool)

4. Can get overstimulated if I feel any particularly strong emotions or interest in something

5. Slightly more forgetful/slightly less intelligent than I used to be

Here are my symptoms that went away

Tinnitus(severe)

Muscle pain in shoulder(major)

Muscle twitches(major)

Brainfog(Horrific)

DPDR(Came and went for first 18 months, major)

Stomach pains(moderate to major)

Extreme anxiety(severe)

Pressure in forehead area

Occasional ear pain(moderate)

Significantly worsened attention span

I am 4 years and 3 months off a 2 week rapid taper off 1mg Ativan

Edited by [Ze...]

Hi,

I was on clonazepam for about six months and started to taper then. Took me about four months to taper down from 1 mg which was probably too fast, but I never really took the full 1 mg. More like .5-.75mg daily at night to help sleep (I have severe RLS.)

I've been off for almost 13 months now. Yesterday I felt pretty good. I've been having some good days. Today I'm on the bottom again, with these symptoms"

1. Burning skin, stomach and head

2. Ears ringing

3. Extremely tired

4. Anxious for no reason

5. Zero appetite

When I feel decent (which at this point means I can ignore the burning and the rest, and can enjoy myself a bit) I think, wow, I'm almost healed! Then I have a day like today when I can't get myself to do anything. Even TV disturbs me. I feel like I'm on the edge of something awful, and keep breaking out in sweats. Then I feel like I'll never be better!

Anyway. Things are improving all around. Hope today's troubles are soon gone!

HC

Head muscles constantly moving, clicking and crunching, pressure and some dizziness, DP/DR.  Muscle pain and fatigue. Still not right mentally with the usual suspects, depression, anxiety, some intrusive thoughts, SI and just not right. Out of bed for the most part now but still not working @ 41 months from CT (Benzo and AD) after 2 years of polydrugging and 15 years of on and off AD use

Edited by [Ha...]

Xanax 0.5 mg twice daily x 15 years.

Rapid Taper from Oct31-Dec31, 2018.

Last dose :  December 31, 2018

Current symptoms are mainly "head" symptoms:

-off balance / dizzy (major symptom)

-head pressure (some of the time)

-brain fog / feeling "off" (this is a major symptom)

-brain movement/shakes (mostly when talking)

-forgetful/word searching

I have worked (as a therapist) full time from rapid taper - current.  

The anxiety and panic have completed resolved itself - its the every day head stuff left.

I haven't tried to write in English lately, so many mistakes. Sorry.

Benzo on and off 25 years. High dose Xanax and Ativan when my husband died and a horrible inheritance dispute. Since he was my prescriber, I was forced to do a CT, the health care didn't want to help me.

Almost nine years.

Extreme exhaustion, sometimes I sleep 18 hours/day
Benzo-flu
Burning skin
Muscle pain, and internal organs
Want to crawl out my own skin and scream

Edited by [Tr...]
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi, I took Klonopin as prescribed for a couple of weeks and did a rapid taper approx 7 years ago. It was such a quick taper that I doubt it was any better than cold turkey. I am doing much better, but still have burning nerves and trouble sleeping. I can tell my CNS is still very sensitive because I still get revved up very easily. I did have a setback a couple years ago from taking antibiotics. I am terrified of having to take antibiotics again.

Officially I am not protracted as I reinstated after my cold turkey March 2022 after only 8 weeks of use. 

i am now 10 months of my retapering which was way too fast too if u ask me but I was too confused to even know what I was doing it to go online for advice. My aka was next level,

my current most worrying symptoms are

intolerance to standing and sitting

extreme rigid shoulders face head arms belly legs back , all muscles tight and some of them ‘dystonic’ but in a permanent contracture. 

bloodpoolimg in arms legs 

feeling I am on the edge of a seizure constantly

No inner sensations anymore / body feels hollow 

can’t walk more than like 10-20 meters than I collapse from weakness plus I lock up so bad that I have to lay down for 4-6 hours to get some relief.

- 70 pounds weight gain. I continue to gain weight nothing is helping

plus 50+ but these are the ones that are too much . 

seriosuly thinking about reinstatement 

Yeah, my symptoms haven't changed so, just intensified last several years.

1. Depression/Anxiety/Grief
  2. Cognitive impairment/Memory loss
  3. Intrusive thoughts/Nightmares
  4. Insomnia 
  5. DP/DR

There are few more but these would be the top 5 on the charts.

On 01/09/2023 at 00:58, [[N...] said:

I used to do this survey every so often on the old board.

What was your drug, how long since you finished your taper or cold turkey, and what symptoms are you still dealing with today?

Some of you have a list of dozens of symptoms and I absolutely don't doubt that you have them. However, my brain just isn't capable of processing that many data points - so I'll ask you to give me no more than your top five worst symptoms.  If you have less than five, then just give me what ya got.

I started asking this question years ago every so often, trying to determine if I could see some pattern between what drug someone was taking, or how long they had taken it, or how long it had been since they stopped and what remaining symptoms they had left.

However in all my years here, I don't think I was ever able to distinguish a clear pattern. Or even a not so clear pattern.

But, we're starting a new platform, we've got some new members, so it would probably be useful for people to get a feel for what everyone else is dealing with.

I'll start:

I took zolpidem, then temazepam, then zopiclone for a total of 18 years or so. I took it every night (because I always follow the doctors instructions carefully :( ) for insomnia caused by some chronic pain issues (bike wreck, surgery, damaged nerves, yada yada yada).

My final dose was July 2nd, 2015. We are now a bit over 8 years later.

I'm left with really two main issues - significant anxiety that is almost PTSD like (various triggers will send my anxiety/stress to 11 as quick as you can snap your fingers) and what feels like painfully spasmed muscles at the bottom of my rib cage. Ironically one can be bad and the other not so bad so I don't feel like the anxiety is causing the muscle spasms.

I had a lot more symptoms back years ago after I finished my taper, but these are the two I'm left with.

So what are your main issues you're left with?

Have you considered using Botox for those muscles Nathan. Those two are also very bad in my case but also the shoulders neck arms and lower back muscle . The muscle tension pulls me into an exaggerated s shape it’s so painful 

did u ever have windows of this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2023 at 03:49, [[M...] said:

Have you considered using Botox for those muscles Nathan. Those two are also very bad in my case but also the shoulders neck arms and lower back muscle . The muscle tension pulls me into an exaggerated s shape it’s so painful 

did u ever have windows of this 

Yeah, I've thought about Botox into the affected muscles. In fact I'm seeing a doctor that does Boxtox injections and have discussed it with him.

I'm a little afraid of going too far with the Botox and having issues maintaining an upright posture. But, I may bite the bullet and give it a try. If it doesn't work out it should wear off in 3-6 months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2023 at 20:55, [[N...] said:

Yeah, I've thought about Botox into the affected muscles. In fact I'm seeing a doctor that does Boxtox injections and have discussed it with him.

I'm a little afraid of going too far with the Botox and having issues maintaining an upright posture. But, I may bite the bullet and give it a try. If it doesn't work out it should wear off in 3-6 months.

Same here I will go next week. Have to make a choice as my posture is chronically in an s shape cause of all the muscles pulling me that way. Hopefully it will help us♥️

I’m 29 months off. I still have 

hypersensitivity 

DRDP 

neuralgia/nerve pain 

squeezing and tightness in my muscles 

Depression 

brain fog 

cog fog 

anxiety 

Tinnitus 

fear 

eye stuff 

cotton wool feeling in head 

extreme fatigue 

exercise intolerance 

gut issues 

Agoraphobia

• Like 1

At 17 months off all psych meds I had:

- paresthesias coming and going

- burning feet coming and going

That was it. Honestly. I could go on even though the feet burning was bad at times. But it went away completely when I was pregnant and has not returned.

However, at 18 months off I suffered a setback that made everything worse than ever and it’s still somehow getting worse, so now at 33 months off and 15 months into a setback (that was even made worse 12 months ago by antibiotic use, pregnancy and possibly meds used in labour 6 months ago) I have the following:

- some form of akathisia but not the severe kind, the sensations below are what I experience and they might be a part of it but I don’t get terror or adrenaline surges (this I get but not often), pounding heart, etc., it feels very physical to me

- pressure, tension in body, it’s terrible, affects different parts, sometimes neck and back of head, sometimes back, sometimes legs, it feels like I am pumped with air and about to have a one kind of a jolt or a seizure but the don’t come, I am tense most of the time 

- internal burning, soul on fire, caustic sensations inside that paralyse me; this sensation is so odd, I don’t know if anyone has ever experienced that, it’s not my skin, it feels like heartburn but all over, it’s in the background, in my brain, stomach, neck, legs, arms, when it hits I can barely move as moving triggers the sensation and pain builds up, it also feels kind of electric, it terrifies me because most people only talk about skin burning, I started having it for a long time especially in legs, especially knees down, skin feels normal but it feels like there is a hint of lava in my bones

- electricity inside, jolts from brain down and smaller shocks deep in the body, I have waves of a feeling that I can feel all these tiny nerve connections all over, it’s hard to describe it, it’s sickening, doesn’t hurt but makes me want to lose it because it’s so unnatural, it’s like I can feel nerve cells shaking

- buzzing, vibrating inside (sometimes mild in the background, sometimes deep and intense in my back, stomach, legs), some weird commotion inside me, sometimes it even feels like something moves in me or tugs me, bubbling, sizzling 

- weird surges (not very often) in the stomach, head that terrify me

- brain symptoms (pressure, buzzing, burning, moving, feels like a balloon is being pumped) - when that this I feel like I am going to go into a seizure, it causes a feeling of my brain dropping

- overstimulation

- restless feelings in different muscles, travelling all over, that’s actually how it began, I was aware of some muscles but it started spreading and now that just feels way worse, like the muscle starts feeling crawly, prickly, tickly, itchy, burns, feels like it’s contracting but it isn’t, almost like they are toxic, not as severe as I have seen aka but I am terrified it will get that bad soon, it can be in any muscles in my legs, back, stomach, arms, upper back

- legs - so last September something got bad in my legs and they started feeling was worse than before even though I did have sensations in them - now some days they hurt and feel like they are spasming, twitching, somethings moving inside them, sometimes it’s the butt, then thighs back or sides or front, backs of knees, calves, then comes this inner tickle or burning, vibrations, electric feeling, it’s like they are a separate being from me but it’s not making me pace, at least not yet… Sometimes they just hurt and I kind of prefer it to the creepy feelings. But it’s all sooo awful in general

- problems with sleep (most days I can sleep but some days it’s terrible), I wake up a lot because of my baby and most awakenings I feel sort of off, sometimes I am buzzing all over, sometimes just feel weird tension in general, I can fall asleep usually no problem but I have very weird sensations when falling asleep and waking 

- deep muscle/bone toxic and gnawing pain going hand in hand with the tension, burning, feels like the flu or a toothache in body, I also get what I call fire bolts for example in my shoulder, buttock that just burns in the spot and then shoots down my limb, it’s connected with the burning

- all sorts of paresthesias (way less bothersome than the other things as I had it from Cipro and I got used to it and it somehow happens less but when it does it’s a bit intense)

- raw nerve feelings in my nerve endings like I cannot tolerate certain textures, it’s not burning or anything but feels like my nerve endings are exposed. It usually happens in my arms and hands after 

- as a result of the above horrible fear of my future and crying most days.

All of these symptoms come and go, fluctuate in intensity. Most of them are usually cycling rather quickly. For example I will have something for a few hours, then it goes away, some symptoms stay for longer but nothing is constant. But they just go around in circles.

Edited by [Wi...]
  • Sad 1

I took regular Ambien 5mg  for about 5 years nightly as prescribed by my doctor. Then it was updosed after a few family issues occurred back to back that disrupted my sleep. So for about 2 and half years I was on Ambien CR 12mg ( it’s designed to release immediately and then again some hours later)! Way too high of dosage for a female and especially for that long. At the time, I didn’t know that. My doctor insisted that it was completely safe and non-habit forming, no problems when it’s discontinued, etc. I realized after having strange symptoms during the day that mimic other diseases, that it HAD to be the Ambien causing my issues. This was also confirmed by a new doctor because my old one wasn’t listening and wanted me to stay on it. I was forced to stay on it for a bit longer than I wanted because I had to have 2 surgeries 3 months apart and the new doctor wanted me sleeping to heal. Once recovered from the surgeries, I came on BB to find out the proper way to taper. My new doctor didn’t know and was open to it. So we got a plan and I began tapering according to Ashton manual after first switching to regular Ambien 10 mg. I tapered a half to 1 mg every 10-14 days for 10 months. I’m now 40 months recovered since June 20,2020. When I got down to 3 1/2 - 4 mg I was suddenly hit hard with WD symptoms. One of the main ones was severe boatiness/ dizziness/ disequilibrium/ ataxia episodes which made me COMPLETELY bedridden for almost 3 years. All of these have finally gotten better to the point that dizziness is gone. Ataxia is gone. The boatiness and disequilibrium remains but is WAY less as of this past year. And it’s still improving. Many symptoms are gone or only pop up very briefly when I’m in a rougher wave especially if it’s caused by something that stressed out my brain…such as very loud noise or booming music. I call these my situational waves. My normal waves are now mostly mild for most of the week. My waves are a few times a day at certain times but mainly I can push through them as annoyances. Symptoms I have left that are still disrupting my life is

1 boatiness at varying degrees during the day and night. When I’m in a wave or do normal things, it revs up. After resting an hour or. So,, it settles back to its normal level. On a scale of 1-10, it’s normal level now is about 4. When revved up it’s 7-8. It’s been with me from tapering days and is so slow to heal. It is what’s keeping me from driving or riding in the car because it’s coupled with other head symptoms. BUT I have begun to gently drive a little maybe twice a week but I can’t go far! So frustrating! It’s been 3 months of trying with no improvement of driving…. Every now and then recently it disappears for a short time. Hopefully soon it will just go away and stay away.

2 head symptoms/ pressure - gradually improving ( this includes tinnitus that varies when I have waves. When it increase in loudness I start my wave). 

3 muscle tension/ twitching - various intensity but not unbearable. The twitching I only have in a rougher wave. 

4 Headaches- about every 2-3 weeks. Random and last all day. I go to sleep that night and when I wake up it’s gone! 

Anxiety- various degrees. Mainly occur in a rougher wave. Mostly induced by stressful situation. When it occurs it causes heart racing, nausea, diarrhea, shaking as if freezing and overall sick feeling. 

Sound sensitivity- mainly any low bass booming sounds such as someone playing booming music or any repetitive loud thumps or people talking too loud. Sends me in an immediate rough wave. 

Cold and hot flashes- these take turns throughout the day. Mild, short Iived but very annoying. I have 2-3 each everyday. 

Fatigue attacks- mild but just want to lay down until it passes. Occurs about once a month for half a day to a day. 

Stomach cramps with diarrhea- about once a week I’ll get sudden random tummy cramps that make me have loose bowels for about 30-45 minutes. During that time I may go to the bathroom about 3 times. Then I’ll feel my tummy go back to normal just as quick as it came on. These used to be everyday. They greatly improved within the last 6 months. 
 I do have other annoying mild symptoms that pop in or out randomly but they are short lived. For example waking up with dry eyes, sinus pressure or itchy fingers and toes at night. 
NEW SYMPTOMS:

red hot ears - pop in and out quickly once a week so far. 
numb fingers and toes- turn white for about 30 minutes as if I’ve been sitting on them. Then suddenly back to normal. It happens about 2 weeks. 
startled- sudden sound such as someone above me drop something or siren

Currently and have not taken any medication since my taper. Clean diet, walk nearly everyday, no alcohol, no caffeine, no supplements etc. 

ok…here’s to more healing! I’m so ready to be completely healed. I’m cheering you all on to yours too. 

Edited by [La...]
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I was on Ambien CR 12mg

My doctor insisted that it was completely safe and non-habit forming, no problems when it’s discontinued, etc.

That part above is particularly galling.

A doctor would have to be completely ignorant of how that drug works for him to think it is non-habit forming, no discontinuation problems, etc.

I don't doubt that someone told him that at some point (most likely a drug rep), but if you know how the drug works you understand that it's going to have the same issues as a regular benzo since it works the same way.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/11/2023 at 01:24, [[N...] said:

That part above is particularly galling.

A doctor would have to be completely ignorant of how that drug works for him to think it is non-habit forming, no discontinuation problems, etc.

I don't doubt that someone told him that at some point (most likely a drug rep), but if you know how the drug works you understand that it's going to have the same issues as a regular benzo since it works the same way.

You are exactly right! The makeup of it is nearly the same as a benzo, targets the same receptors and the WD are mostly the same. It is sad that the doctor told me that. When I get any medication especially if it’s new, I always ask about side effects, what to expect, what to do if I have a reaction,etc. And I always take it as prescribed…never more and depending on the drug, I actually will do everything I can to not take it ( such as pain medication after surgery for example). After taking the Ambien for awhile, I went back and asked again but the reply was the same… “keep taking it especially since you are sleeping better. It’s safe to take. It’s just a sleeping medication.” 
Nathan, that pill destroyed my health and in my brain it acted the same as if I took benzo. Because really it’s a “ benzo cousin”. But, I’m grateful that I’m healing from it. It’s been a very slow difficult journey. I have questioned these past 3-4 years why it affected me harder than others who’ve taken it. Some of them took it longer than me and higher doses than me and even several times a day. Probably has to do with genetics…but I’m focused on how far my healing has come and keeping my eyes on the completed healing. This is definitely a story that I would find hard to believe if it hadn’t happened to me! I did ask Dr Jenn Leigh if she knew of others that only took Ambien that this happened to. Her reply was “ Ohhhhh yes! Several of them! Those Z drugs are basically the same with the same WD symptoms.  But for some reason, we hear more about the people suffering from benzos and other medications. Give it time, the brain is a beautiful wise amazing organ that will repair. You will heal. Be patient.” 
As time has gone by…I have improved a lot and several of my symptoms went away. In my experience, she’s right. I’m healing. Wow it is slow! 
Nathan I am cheering you on to your complete healing as well. Thank you for your reply. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

You are exactly right! The makeup of it is nearly the same as a benzo, targets the same receptors and the WD are mostly the same. It is sad that the doctor told me that. When I get any medication especially if it’s new, I always ask about side effects, what to expect, what to do if I have a reaction,etc. And I always take it as prescribed…never more and depending on the drug, I actually will do everything I can to not take it ( such as pain medication after surgery for example). After taking the Ambien for awhile, I went back and asked again but the reply was the same… “keep taking it especially since you are sleeping better. It’s safe to take. It’s just a sleeping medication.” 
Nathan, that pill destroyed my health and in my brain it acted the same as if I took benzo. Because really it’s a “ benzo cousin”. But, I’m grateful that I’m healing from it. It’s been a very slow difficult journey. I have questioned these past 3-4 years why it affected me harder than others who’ve taken it. Some of them took it longer than me and higher doses than me and even several times a day. Probably has to do with genetics…but I’m focused on how far my healing has come and keeping my eyes on the completed healing. This is definitely a story that I would find hard to believe if it hadn’t happened to me! I did ask Dr Jenn Leigh if she knew of others that only took Ambien that this happened to. Her reply was “ Ohhhhh yes! Several of them! Those Z drugs are basically the same with the same WD symptoms.  But for some reason, we hear more about the people suffering from benzos and other medications. Give it time, the brain is a beautiful wise amazing organ that will repair. You will heal. Be patient.” 
As time has gone by…I have improved a lot and several of my symptoms went away. In my experience, she’s right. I’m healing. Wow it is slow! 
Nathan I am cheering you on to your complete healing as well. Thank you for your reply. 

LadyDen, I was also on Ambien CR 12! My doctor was even worse! He told me that with this drug my brain will learn how to sleep again…. Although being on this drug I would not sleep more than 2-3 hours so they put me on a AD, ativan, olanzapin and lithium at the same time… what a crime! I started having one panic attack after the other and all they said was oh well she will have to life with this… 

• Sad 2

I have to say although still symptomatic I am much better off without the drugs! 

no panic attacks 

no brain zaps anymore

no akathisia anymore 

better sleep 3-4 hours sometimes even 5-6

appetite came back, don’t have to throw up all the time, gained weight 

my worst symptom is still pain. Nerves, muscles, tendons and bones.. spasms and rigidity 

now and then agitation and restlessness 

restless arms and legs, not as severe as when I was on the meds

hyperacusis still very bad

jumpy 

sometimes high chemical anxiety 

can’t handle any stress

dizzy not too bad anymore 

have to watch the histamines 

depression not as bad as on the drugs 

I am still not able to do much exercise. Going for short walks when ever possible 

All in all much better !!!

We will get there 🍀

On 13/11/2023 at 12:01, [[s...] said:

LadyDen, I was also on Ambien CR 12! My doctor was even worse! He told me that with this drug my brain will learn how to sleep again…. Although being on this drug I would not sleep more than 2-3 hours so they put me on a AD, ativan, olanzapin and lithium at the same time… what a crime! I started having one panic attack after the other and all they said was oh well she will have to life with this… 

My goodness! That is awful! The doctor wronged you so much. A crime indeed! I’m so sorry. The doctor tried to give me Valium and Baclofen when my panic attacks started from being in tolerance. I didn’t realize at the time that I was in tolerance. It was God that laid it heavy on my heart NOT too take those. I’m so grateful that he made me listen to him instead of the “ experts”. I would have been way worse. 
How long were you on Ambien CR? Do you have trouble driving and riding in the car too? Do you have boatiness…like you’re on a rocking boat?

• Like 1

On 13/11/2023 at 12:54, [[s...] said:

I have to say although still symptomatic I am much better off without the drugs! 

no panic attacks 

no brain zaps anymore

no akathisia anymore 

better sleep 3-4 hours sometimes even 5-6

appetite came back, don’t have to throw up all the time, gained weight 

my worst symptom is still pain. Nerves, muscles, tendons and bones.. spasms and rigidity 

now and then agitation and restlessness 

restless arms and legs, not as severe as when I was on the meds

hyperacusis still very bad

jumpy 

sometimes high chemical anxiety 

can’t handle any stress

dizzy not too bad anymore 

have to watch the histamines 

depression not as bad as on the drugs 

I am still not able to do much exercise. Going for short walks when ever possible 

All in all much better !!!

We will get there 🍀

Ok and yes we will. What I still have is…

hyperacusis ( only sensitive now to certain sounds such as booming bass in music or construction sounds- thumping, hammering, etc)

muscle tension / cramps - random but mild

headache about every 3 weeks that last a day

visual disturbances-  mild, random, short lived 

boatiness- much more milder now. Recently it has started disappearing briefly. It’s worse when I wake and at bedtime.

intolerance to certain exercise- walking is fine but have to be careful not to walk too much without breaks

sudden episodes of sweating or cold spells- mild random but happens daily 

intolerance of driving/ riding in car due to vestibular issues- it’s very slowly improving. Some days I can drive a little better in the parking lot but most days I can’t or it’s a huge task to even go from one parking spot over. But it’s better than few months ago I couldn’t even try!

anxiety episodes- mild and I can go weeks without one. But the minute something triggers me,I get an immediate anxiety attack in a big wave of shaking, muscle twitches, nausea, head pressure, rapid heartbeat and chills. It will take days before I’m back to normal. 
intolerance of stress - much better and I’m now able to implement coping tools when triggered. Most of the time I can now avoid it affecting me too much if I catch it early. For example, there’s some juvenile delinquents in my apartment complex that go around after school misbehaving, being loud right outside my window, having wrestling matches outside my window, cussing like sailors, etc. Everyday when it’s time for them to get off the bus, I get nervous that they will rev me up again. Myself and other residents have reported them…they throw rocks, broken windows, jump over the closed pool area, bang like the police on people’s door then run, etc. The office hasn’t done much to stop them. So, I have started going outside when they get off the bus and just stand by my patio as they pass by. It seems when they see an adult, they aren’t as rambunctious. I also put ear plugs in and find something to do until they leave. They don’t even live in my area of the complex. They live on the other side but choose to walk through here everyday.

I also have tinnitus at varying degrees during the day. When it gets louder, I know my wave is starting. Also my waves comes in patterns during the day. I have a few other symptoms that show up randomly but mild every blue moon or when my wave is rougher….such as itching fingers and toes at night, sudden sneezing, tingling legs or arms, neck or jaw tension, brain zaps, trouble sleeping, waking with dry eyes. Probably a couple I left out. 

yes we are healing and we will be completely healed soon because this is the process of others who have healed.  Symptoms leave but may pay a quick visit but much mild in intensity. New symptoms pop up. Most waves mild. Pattern develops in the waves. Start getting situational stress waves but they don’t last long. Windows become nice and longer. All very good signs! 

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

My goodness! That is awful! The doctor wronged you so much. A crime indeed! I’m so sorry. The doctor tried to give me Valium and Baclofen when my panic attacks started from being in tolerance. I didn’t realize at the time that I was in tolerance. It was God that laid it heavy on my heart NOT too take those. I’m so grateful that he made me listen to him instead of the “ experts”. I would have been way worse. 
How long were you on Ambien CR? Do you have trouble driving and riding in the car too? Do you have boatiness…like you’re on a rocking boat?

I was on Zolpidem CR12  for 2 months and 9 months later again for 8 months…

LadyDen I replied on the driving in the more than 25 months topic.

🍀