Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

What symptoms are you still dealing with?

[Na...]

Hugs everyone and hope you had a better weekend. Mine was decent. Those engaging in Thanksgiving, I’d like to wish you a lovely one! Be careful of too many sweets, MSG/ preservatives and any other triggers that you know doesn’t set well with you. 
Even though I’m not completely healed, I’m still so grateful especially when I compare where I was last year in my healing. 
Hugs 🤗 

• Love 1

I’m 10 days shy of having 15 months of being free from benzodiazepines as well as alcohol, and any other medication, grateful for that, but the power of this drug and what it does to us is horrendous, I have suffered this last week with unbelievable muscle pains throughout my legs as deep as the bones, my hips feel like they’ve been separated, and this all just comes on out of nowhere, insomnia still rules the night. tinnitus in the left ear is still screaming most of the time still suffering with eye problems. it’s amazing how some of us have no appetite I used to be like that at the beginning but now I feel like I’m never full. I have Many good days, but the waves seem to be getting more intense. I’m hoping this is a sign of this things Coming to an end soon. But if not, I’ll keep enduring with all this going on life is still sweet, so much better than I was 15 months ago, lying in that hospital on life-support. grateful to be here grateful for y’all being here for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Grateful you keep pressing on. I’m glad that you lived through your experience. This isn’t easy but you are stronger than you realize. I tell myself this often. Why? Because it is true! Look at how far we’ve come. We might have a little more ways to go but we gather more strength as we endure this. 
I agree with you that the uptick is just the healing shifting to your next phase of healing. This happened to me twice and each time it let up, my healing was more. Currently I’m feeling like I’m at a standstill…not worse but not seeming to improve much. At 41 months, it’s unreal but not uncommon. This standstill is a bit frustrating for sure. But, I keep as positive and moving as much as I can….walking, getting out of bed, doing chores, etc. My main hurdle right now is trying to drive or ride in the car. I haven’t been anywhere in 2 years due to my vestibular issues. I can drive from one parking space over a couple spots and back…pretty much it! I can only do that sometimes. I go out and try with the thought on my mind that today could be the day that I get a breakthrough. I get thoughts that say “ who are you kidding!”. Immediately I replace that with facts - just 3-4 months ago I couldn’t even sit in the car for 5 minutes. Now I can sit out here 30-45 minutes.  I also couldn’t even drive at all. Now I can go over a few spots and back plus sometimes twice in a row…. So shut up! I WILL soon be driving and back out in the world! 
im sending you a big hug. I understand how you feel. 
🤗🤝

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm still dealing with that crushing pressure/tightness in my head that has got worse over the years and now intolerable. I also noticed my vision is blurry cant read close up. Terrible suffering from a dangerous pseudoscience that damaged my brain and nervous system.

21 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I'm still dealing with that crushing pressure/tightness in my head that has got worse over the years and now intolerable. I also noticed my vision is blurry cant read close up. Terrible suffering from a dangerous pseudoscience that damaged my brain and nervous system.

Sorry that you're still dealing with that Scooby, but good to see you back on the forum.

Does anyone else have stuffy ears to accompany their screeching tinnitus?  Tomorrow I'll have 30 months and I have seen a ton of improvements but still on the healing path. The strangest one for me is the stuffy ears.  I know Lady Den used to have that. Anyone else?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Does anyone else have stuffy ears to accompany their screeching tinnitus?  Tomorrow I'll have 30 months and I have seen a ton of improvements but still on the healing path. The strangest one for me is the stuffy ears.  I know Lady Den used to have that. Anyone else?

I have tinnitus that comes and goes alternating ears. Lasts 20-30 secs then stops. I believe the drugs i was on caused it. No other explanation. 

Yes besides head pain and pressure for 2 years plus.  I also have had quite loud tinnitus constantly as well.  The ear stuffiness or ear feeling like they need popped.  Has decreased a lot though but it was their first year as well and now is only present for a little while sometimes after I eat but 90% of ear stuffiness is now gone.  Head pain pressure and LOUD tinnitus continues 2+ years every hour of every day 

11 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Yes besides head pain and pressure for 2 years plus.  I also have had quite loud tinnitus constantly as well.  The ear stuffiness or ear feeling like they need popped.  Has decreased a lot though but it was their first year as well and now is only present for a little while sometimes after I eat but 90% of ear stuffiness is now gone.  Head pain pressure and LOUD tinnitus continues 2+ years every hour of every day 

Gotcha.  The tinnitus has been with me on and off at varying volumes for YEARS while I was on the meds and now 2 1/2 years off everything.  The stuffiness started up more after I stopped. I have had them checked and there is nothing like fluid or anything. It's more of a sensation like you said...feeling like they need to be popped. Thanks for the response. I'll assume this will cease and desist at some point.

Good luck and I’m hoping for the same. For the first year is was constant now it’s off and on my ears prob only feel stuffy for an hour out of each day now at 2 years off was 24/7

Edited by [Jd...]
  • Like 1

Hi Nathan,

My symptoms are anxiety (sometimes terror), paranoia, insomnia, depression, loss of memory, feeling like I am not in my own body which makes it hard to walk with confidence (I guess that is the DP and DR), lots of physical aches and pains and grief that this has happened to me. It's nice to hear your familiar voice although I'm sure you want to leave this place and I will celebrate when you do.

• Like 2

Yeah @[mo...], as much as I like everyone here I really want to get out of this place :classic_wink:. Hopefully we'll all get out of here one day. The sooner the better.

Edited by [Na...]
  • Like 1