Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hard to tell if it's benzo withdrawal.

[Ni...]

Beginning anything.. even writing this post; is met with a quick sense of overwhelming confusion, panic, sweating, and the onset of it can last for days. I was prescribed 30 valium 10s a month for a year.. every month I would plan on spreading them out, but always ended up taking them in a day or 2. I'm worried I won't be able to figure out what's going on with me.

Hello @[Ni...] Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am not sure what you mean by "I was prescribed 30 valium 10s a month for a year." Is that 10mg pills, with a total daily dose of 30mg? And you have been taking 30mg per day for a year - yes? Please confirm that I understood you correctly.

I only every experienced anxiety as withdrawal system. So I am not the best person here to support you with your anxiety symptoms. But many members here suffer from true anxiety and they will be able to better assist you.

Try not to worry - we will help you. And you have already helped yourself by overcoming your anxiety of writing your introductory post. Now that it is done, it will be easier for you going forwards.

41 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

Beginning anything.. even writing this post; is met with a quick sense of overwhelming confusion, panic, sweating, and the onset of it can last for days. I was prescribed 30 valium 10s a month for a year.. every month I would plan on spreading them out, but always ended up taking them in a day or 2. I'm worried I won't be able to figure out what's going on with me.

@[Ni...] Welcome to BenzoBuddies :hug:You need to stabilise your dose to your prescribed dose of 10mg a day hold it there for a while until you feel less over the place then think about tapering properly at a rate you can cope with otherwise you're not going to improve at all which I think you know already.  I hope you can find the strength and courage to do that for yourself sooner rather than later, as it's what best for you, then you can begin your journey to recovery and a full life again.

Nova :smitten:

• Like 1