Important Survey - Please Participate ×

NAD Ion Patches Actually Work!

[Je...]

Although I am still a way from being successfully tapered off Valium, I have been able to taper much faster with the help of NAD Ion patches.  The only other supplement I have been using is cerebrolysin at about 10ml a night for about 2 weeks.  

Although cerebrolysin is known to regenerate cells, I’m almost sure it’s the NAD.  

I know there are some people who have had success of doing the IV infusions and some who haven’t, so I figured I would give the patches a try.  

I decided to do 2 patches at once for a whole week.  Last week before doing the patches I had dark dark depression, extremely intrusive thoughts, insomnia, anhedonia and suicidal thoughts.  I literally felt so tired of fighting every time I tapered and even as I held I never felt like my symptoms went away.  

After doing the NAD patches all my symptoms are completely gone!  Besides the cortisol spike in the morning which is still hell, I don’t have any other symptoms!  I even dropped my dose from 9mg to 7.5mg of Valium.  And still no symptoms (I’m still doing the patches).  And I was in hell before tapering!  And when I initially dropped my symptoms were even worse, as expected!

I had done the patches before but never at this dosage and consecutive, so I wasn’t able to notice any difference until now.  There is no way I would be have been able To taper this fast and not have symptoms.  As when I dropped from 10mg to 9mg of Valium 2 weeks ago.  So that’s a huge drop for in a matter of a few weeks!

It has been 5 days now and I am able to function for the first time since tapering down from 30mg.  I’m going to wait another week and taper down to 6mg of Valium as I continue the patches.  

I have 20 more patches(400mg per patch) and I’m going to include the 100mg shots as I taper more aggressively to see how much the NAD will restore my receptors.  

Overall the cost will be about 1/20th of what the infusions would cost.

I will update as I keep tapering while using the patches.  The cost of 6 patches is around $200 USD.  The bioavailability of the patches aren’t going to be as good as the IV infusions but I figured I would give it a shot as the cost isn’t going to break the bank.  

Overall, I have done about 20 patches.  

I will update as I drop the dose at the end of the week.  Usually I could only do a 10% drop every month and even then I was barely functioning.  

Just wanted to give back.  It may not work for everyone but just sharing my experience  as I have felt joy for the first time since tapering! 

If you want to follow I will update this thread and progress with a more aggressive taper to ensure it’s the NAD doing the healing! Any questions feel free to ask! 

P.S. I have had almost zero windows this whole time I’ve been tapering until now!

• Like 3

Glad it's working for you. If you search NAD, there's some good I'm available. The patches have worked well for 1 other that I know. But due to the website changes she hasn't been able to update her progress.

I've got some cerebrolysin sat in my fridge, but been too scared to try it

Hi JeffGarvin, I’m very interested here. I’ve had no windows for 6 months and would give this a try. Where can I get those NAD patches?

7 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Although I am still a way from being successfully tapered off Valium, I have been able to taper much faster with the help of NAD Ion patches.  The only other supplement I have been using is cerebrolysin at about 10ml a night for about 2 weeks.  

Although cerebrolysin is known to regenerate cells, I’m almost sure it’s the NAD.  

I know there are some people who have had success of doing the IV infusions and some who haven’t, so I figured I would give the patches a try.  

I decided to do 2 patches at once for a whole week.  Last week before doing the patches I had dark dark depression, extremely intrusive thoughts, insomnia, anhedonia and suicidal thoughts.  I literally felt so tired of fighting every time I tapered and even as I held I never felt like my symptoms went away.  

After doing the NAD patches all my symptoms are completely gone!  Besides the cortisol spike in the morning which is still hell, I don’t have any other symptoms!  I even dropped my dose from 9mg to 7.5mg of Valium.  And still no symptoms (I’m still doing the patches).  And I was in hell before tapering!  And when I initially dropped my symptoms were even worse, as expected!

I had done the patches before but never at this dosage and consecutive, so I wasn’t able to notice any difference until now.  There is no way I would be have been able To taper this fast and not have symptoms.  As when I dropped from 10mg to 9mg of Valium 2 weeks ago.  So that’s a huge drop for in a matter of a few weeks!

It has been 5 days now and I am able to function for the first time since tapering down from 30mg.  I’m going to wait another week and taper down to 6mg of Valium as I continue the patches.  

I have 20 more patches(400mg per patch) and I’m going to include the 100mg shots as I taper more aggressively to see how much the NAD will restore my receptors.  

Overall the cost will be about 1/20th of what the infusions would cost.

I will update as I keep tapering while using the patches.  The cost of 6 patches is around $200 USD.  The bioavailability of the patches aren’t going to be as good as the IV infusions but I figured I would give it a shot as the cost isn’t going to break the bank.  

Overall, I have done about 20 patches.  

I will update as I drop the dose at the end of the week.  Usually I could only do a 10% drop every month and even then I was barely functioning.  

Just wanted to give back.  It may not work for everyone but just sharing my experience  as I have felt joy for the first time since tapering! 

If you want to follow I will update this thread and progress with a more aggressive taper to ensure it’s the NAD doing the healing! Any questions feel free to ask! 

P.S. I have had almost zero windows this whole time I’ve been tapering until now!

11 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Glad it's working for you. If you search NAD, there's some good I'm available. The patches have worked well for 1 other that I know. But due to the website changes she hasn't been able to update her progress.

I've got some cerebrolysin sat in my fridge, but been too scared to try it

I’ve used the Cere for awhile but never did it long enough.  I haven’t had any side effects but I have noticed it has improved my brain fog from years of adderall abuse.  It’s definitely improved my focus!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hi JeffGarvin, I’m very interested here. I’ve had no windows for 6 months and would give this a try. Where can I get those NAD patches?

Same here.  I didn’t even know what a window was because every day was just withdrawal.

I get mine from agelessrx.  There’s a lot of companies doing them now.  They also have the shots there which I’m going to give a try! 

4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Glad to learn that NAD patches work for you.  Unfortunately this is not a success story, so it will most likely get moved?

It can be moved wherever.  I just wanted to share what was a success for me since I haven’t had one window since tapering until now.  

• Like 1

I am about to start NAD injections from Empower Pharmacy in Houston. Tapering from 10 mg to 4 mg and I have had insomnia and depression every day since early January 2023....the beginning of my taper. Was taking .5 mg to 1 mg Xanax for about 5 months prior to taper. Does it help with sleep/depression?

50 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

I am about to start NAD injections from Empower Pharmacy in Houston. Tapering from 10 mg to 4 mg and I have had insomnia and depression every day since early January 2023....the beginning of my taper. Was taking .5 mg to 1 mg Xanax for about 5 months prior to taper. Does it help with sleep/depression?

how many mgs are your injections? 

it hasn’t helped much with sleep.  It did take away all my intrusive thoughts and general anxiety.  It took away a lot of the anhedonia as Well. 

The only problem with the shots are that they can’t use a high amount of NAD due to the side effects.  That’s why the do the infusions spread out over multiple hours. 

Thanks Jeff. Not sure yet. My taper doc says that he has had several patients use the NAD injections from Empower and it dramatically improved their condition. I have very painful neuropathy in my feet and legs from benzos and I am hoping that it helps with this as well. This poison has destroyed my health and life. I am hoping that I heal when I finish this valium taper. This has been a disaster...I can barely walk and I don't sleep and I am severly depressed. Have major neuro tremors and inner ears are severely damaged.  I was extremely healthly and active before this and simply took prescribed xanax for five months at night to help me sleep through the night. Worst decision ever in my life. I have major neurological damage from the xanax and now tapering valium. Suicidal ideation....this experience has destroyed me and I hope that I heal.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Thanks Jeff. Not sure yet. My taper doc says that he has had several patients use the NAD injections from Empower and it dramatically improved their condition. I have very painful neuropathy in my feet and legs from benzos and I am hoping that it helps with this as well. This poison has destroyed my health and life. I am hoping that I heal when I finish this valium taper. This has been a disaster...I can barely walk and I don't sleep and I am severly depressed. Have major neuro tremors and inner ears are severely damaged.  I was extremely healthly and active before this and simply took prescribed xanax for five months at night to help me sleep through the night. Worst decision ever in my life. I have major neurological damage from the xanax and now tapering valium. Suicidal ideation....this experience has destroyed me and I hope that I heal.

I’m so sorry!  It sounds like you are highly sensitive to this poison and coming off it.  How long have you been tapering and what dosage are you at now?  Look at the bright side that you are probably not at a high dose of Valium now right? 

I really hope it works for you.  If the injections don’t work, I would try the patches.  The patches have a higher dosage of NAD and it’s much more tolerable. 

I was desperate feeling like I was going to get to a place where I had no hope.  So don’t give up hope! I still can’t believe I feel as good as I do. The mornings are still hell but I can manage that as I taper off this garbage.  

Since the injections are probably a low dose, it might take awhile before you notice a difference.  

If you are still desperate I would try cerebrosylin and cortex (Russian peptides) as they have helped with my depression from the Valium.  The only thing is that you have to administer a large dose every day (10ml at least) and some people aren’t comfortable doing it.  Although it’s legal and I haven’t had side effects.  

I was so desperate I’ve tried every supplement (including ketamine infusions and microdosing shrooms) and cerebrosylin, cortex and NAD have given me my life back, which is why I wanted to share.  

Please let me know how it goes!  Hope the NAD works for you! 

Thanks Jeff. I am currently at 4 mg....started at 10 mg in January. Never really stabilized and have felt sick the entire time. The problem is that I took xanax for five months and hit tolerance without knowing it and I have major tremors and neurological damage. Do you believe that I can heal?

18 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I was just reading your post and wondering if you might be tapering too quickly.   Can you tell me a little bit about your taper schedule?  I am assuming your doctor has devised a schedule for you.

Thanks for reaching out to me. I began tapering in January at 10 mg of valium. I cold turkeyed xanax after around five months use at .5mg to 1 mg at night for sleep per my primary doc's instructions and I was already having electrical shocks, insomnia, tremors, and horrible anxiety while using xanax. I developed tingling and numbness in my feet during the xanax use but my primary doc indicated that it was not from the xanax use.  I was without a benzo for about two weeks. I stayed at 10mg valium for the first two months of my taper and then began moving downward by 1 mg per month. My neuropathy really flared up around 7 mg and has been debilitating since then. I am going to stay at 4 mg and move down .5mg every three to four weeks from here. I am working with a good benzo wise doc on this taper. Interestingly enough, I have felt sicker during this entire taper process relative to how I felt on the xanax. I think that this drug and drug class is extremely toxic to my body and brain. It has been horrible and I am unable to function. I am going to continue to push through and hope that I heal in time. I sleep for two to three hours a night and I wake up with tremors in my head and neck every day. It has been horrific and I don't know what to do. 

Decatur-Do neuropathy cases generally clear up and resolve? I am having a skin punch biopsy performed next Tuesday with my neurologist at Baylor in Houston. She is very concerned with the neuro damage and indicated that she usually sees this in long term use. My legs are super heavy and I am losing balance. I have had brain and cervical MRI's and they are clear. Lots of blood work to determine cause of neuropathy and nothing showing up.  I have read that some are temporarily disabled by benzo use and I am concerned. I have had to take a leave of absense from work. 

So if I am reading this correctly, you CT'd Xanax and then got on Valium after two weeks.   Is that right?   I am sorry to keep asking the same questions.   The symptoms you are experiencing are typical of benzo withdrawal and recovery.  I am glad to hear your MRI's have been clear.   It is always recommended to get things checked out by a doctor.   So glad you are working with a benzo wise doctor.   I think you are wise to stay where you are for now on your taper and then once you have stabilized taper very slowly.    Don't beat yourself up about having to take a leave of absence from work.   This is pretty common as well.   Hopefully, you will be able to get back to work soon.  And, yes, neuropathy that is related to benzo withdrawal will eventually dissipate.    Keep reaching out here for support.   

Thanks Jeff. I am currently at 4 mg....started at 10 mg in January. Never really stabilized and have felt sick the entire time. The problem is that I took xanax for five months and hit tolerance without knowing it and I have major tremors and neurological damage. Do you believe that I can heal?

Thanks Decatur. That is correct. I appreciate your input so much my friend. This means so much to me. I am scared, confused, and shocked. My world has been turned upside down. I feel like I have been poisoned.

You are welcome.    You will heal.    Feeling like your world has been turned upside down is scary, but this will pass.   It may take a little time, but you will not always feel this way.   Keep reminding yourself of that.  

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I think you may just be going through a rough patch after putting your body through a few changes like switching over to Valium and stopping for 2 weeks.  I think maybe the symptoms will start to resolve themselves.  Sometimes it can take awhile.  

For myself I didn’t have one window during my entire taper.  But I just kept on tapering and I decided to change my outlook on the situation.  

Instead of “I am damaged and my body is messed up forever,” I decided to say “I’m healing and this is my situation and it won’t last forever.”  If we worry and put more stress on our body, I believe we are doing more harm to it.  Once I accepted that I was going to be in this situation and all I can do is ride it out, I feel like it allowed my body to rest a bit.  

Then doing the NAD and not giving up on healing, allowed me to live again!  I think that if I hadn’t decided in my mind that I was capable of healing, none of this would happen.  

You can heal and will heal. It’s how we handle the situations we are in which probably hinder or catapult our progress.  

If you are able to, I would look into the NAD shots/patches if the infusions are too expensive which I think they are a rip off.  

I don’t believe you are any different than a lot of us.  We just have to find the strength to endure this battle; and in the end we come out stronger and more grateful! 

Thank you for the response Jeff. I appreciate you my friend. I am definitely going to do the NAD shots and will look into patches as well. Thanks again for yoru help and guidance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I’m so sorry you are suffering greatly. I have many of the symptoms you’ve described. It’s inconceivable pain and suffering.  The Xanax absolutely boxed my CNS. I hope we turn a corner soon . Nobody can understand unless they have been through it.

I wish I knew if the NAD can help. I’m 21 months out from my detox CT and am too scared to try because I don’t want a set back or anything to happen once the NAD was discontinued. I’m desperate for healing! 💕