Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Erectile Dysfunction,Weaker erections reduced libido, Clonazepam,Klonopin

[gr...]

Used clonazepam 0.5 mg for a year then 0.25 mg for another year ... i have been off of the drug for almost 3 months and my erections are maybe 50% of what they used to be , they seem weak to me , also morning wood not very common , I think I'm experiencing some form of erectile dysfunction  ED , I'm young and this was never a problem , I'm scared as this feels like something that can take a while. anyone else and recovered .. i have read that klonopin is the hardest benzo when it comes to this problem

Welcome to BenzoBuddies @[gr...]  

We see many posts from members about ED.  In addition to the responses you get on this thread I suggest you enter the search term "erectile dysfunction" in quotes in the Search box upper right had of this page. 

Welcome aboard, @[gr...] Are you taking or have you ever taken and discontinued a SSRI antidepressant (e.g. Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac, Paxil)?  I ask because sexual dysfunction is a known side effect of this class of ADs for some individuals. 

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Welcome aboard, @[gr...] Are you taking or have you ever taken and discontinued a SSRI antidepressant (e.g. Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac, Paxil)?  I ask because sexual dysfunction is a known side effect of this class of ADs for some individuals. 

Nope , i have never taken any other drug.

Very good —  we can cross that possibility off the list.   I thought it was worth asking — I have been learning about PSSD (Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) plus it is not uncommon for members to have current or past experience with multiple medications.