Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Neurofeedback may be helping my sleep

[re...]

Am continuing with neurofeedback 2 times a week and i am doing alphastim after dinner- and yesterday i tried AS in the day and FELL ASLEEP with the clips on my ears. yahoo.  sleep !

this nf session the doc said "we'll do the BAUD as well now." - it is based on sound and binaural beats. see NF thread in Alternative Therapies and Supplements.

after BAUD i do the NF for 30 min again. soemething i s kicking in cos i am sleeping better suddenly -could be time,, but who knows? it was right after the regular NF,  AStim for 10 days, and the new BAUD. we'll see.

poor sleep- this is probably true for straight benzo W/d alone:

-The pdoc there said she estimates my previous 18 years of hellish this and that to be causing a "hypervigilant" form of PTSD, combined with about 50% of post- Clonazepam damage. her other client that went off K took a year to be ok. my problem is the oversupply of adrenalin caused by having had 3 terrible life experiences - my subconscious has told my body to be "on the lookout" for the next horrible thing, and so the stress/fear response is active and sleep sucks.

FWIW ,best to all

RA

Are you still tapering?  How do you like the Alpha Stim??? I've seen you tried the sleep tracks too... last question - your insomnia .. is it falling asleep you have issues with or waking up to much to early?

thanks!

:)

I've been off 6 years of Clonazepam and 18 years Zopiclone for about 4 months. Nasty beyond my wildest expectations, combined with a previous head injury. big time CNS repair necessary, doc estimates we are over 50 % done the benzo thing.

the Alpha Stim sems to have suddenly kicked in; very powerful, anything other than a low setting is very odd feeling. look forawrd to three weeks to see effect, 3 weeks is lkikely to show something more obvious.

Something is finally giving me longer better sleep. I have no trouble  falling asleep but wake up way too soon. getting longer now  after alpha stim and BAUD disruptor. sleep appears to be getting linked to sunup/sundown, except that i don't stay asleep cos i am getting too much adrenalin in rebound probably from benzos, and possibly a PSTD reaction to three life challenging events, the last the nastiest of benzo withdrawal.

Doc thinks maybe my subconscious/body is trying to stay in hypervigilant mode to prepare for the next giant threat. got to get off this fear track to end this! and NF seems to be a good way to do it with no side effects. can't take any meds anymore even if i wanted,  too sensitive to everything. again this is probably adrenalin related. restful sleep is pretty hard to come by but i've started nodding off in the day a bit!