Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Frequency and dosage of NAD Injections and thoughts on NAD IV therapy...

[ma...]

I'm doing weekly NAD (100 mgs) subcutaneous injections and feel they are helping. 

Does anyone else have experience with NAD IV / NAD injections?

I'm wondering if I should do smaller doses more often - or if I should try NAD IV therapy, which uses higher doses.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

It's my understanding that NAD+ is not always easily tolerated at higher doses, so if you feel you're getting a good benefit, consider yourself in a good place! 

Someone on these boards did a LOT of research and finally went for some NAD+ in IV form. They did a lot of prep; making sure they could tolerate it and then prepping with certain supplements. From what I've read, there is a nasal spray (not the one on Amazon) that is well absorbed and some feel they've received a benefit from it. 

The NAD+ in IV definitely causes a reaction that can be hard to tolerate for a bit. That's what's been reported on this forum by other users. I'm always temped to try using it; just not sure if there would be a boost at 11 months off. I think many were using it to help them at the end of their taper.

I'll be following!

• 2 weeks later...

I did NAD+ nasal spray, and then did iontophoresis NAD+ as an assist to jump at 2.75 mg of diazepam. There are a few members who did/are NAD+ SubQ injections. benzoito successfully tapered doing SubQ NAD+, since jumped and is still doing injections during recovery. I'm doing 500 mg iontophoresis NAD+ right now, which is the same as getting an IV, as I jumped from 1 mg gabapentin yesterday. Doing 3 days of 500 mg each, hoping it might help with continuing recovery, as well as help with the gabapentin discontinuation. 1 person on here used IV NAD+ to jump from a high dose of pregabalin. It does appear to help with gabapentinoids. I believe benzoito was doing 50 mg SubQ daily during taper, I think he's doing weekly now as he recovers. NAD+ isn't for everybody, some can't tolerate it. There are supplements one should take, notably TMG, which helps by providing methyl donors, so you're not pushing the liver to provide them. Quercetin and Vit C help with the histamine release you get with NAD+ in high doses. The 500 mg I'm doing now, made me feel sick after applying the patch, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. Patch is only trickling in residual amounts now. The bulk of the 500 mg is already in. it was worse when I was doing 1400 mg. But it was worth it for me, I have zero regrets. Here's my thread on my experience with NAD+ nasal spray, with some links to other threads on the forum. And here's  my thread on iontophoresis NAD+, which is like IV NAD+, but much more affordable and convenient. There are links in there to older threads on IV NAD+ from Buddies who did that. I compiled information in those threads, and detailed my experience with both forms of NAD+, so other Buddies could have the information available in one thread, without having to search the forums for relevant threads.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have done NAD+ IV therapy twice and the sub q injections. WOW what an amazing feeling this supplement provides. It is what promotes the process of ATP in the body helping to improve mitochondrial function... so basically it is cleaning out your cells and giving life to brand new healthy cells in place of old dead ones. It helps flood thebody witho xygen through these healthy cells and repairs all tissues in the body.

It is an amazing therapy however most benefit will be once you've hit zero (also way less expensive if you start from zero because you won't need such high loading doses) in the first week of withdrawal. If you can find a clinic to administer it daily to you it would go like this:  500mg a day (some need 1,500 mg which is an 8 hour infusion and usually for people still on benzo) and over 5 days titrate down to 200 mg followed by sub q injections two - three times a week. 

The negative affects are only felt while the iv infusion is taking place and are what feels like a panic attack/fast heart beat even though your pulse doesn't change, it is a weird and most complained of side effect. I enjoyed it but I am also weird.  the drip can be slow, really slow, and minimize any affect you will experience. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 months post jump using NAD+ as an assist, and I'm now doing 400 mg a week iontophoresis patches to assist in further recovery. The nice thing about iontophoresis, is that you can treat yourself at home. No trips to a drip clinic. And it's far cheaper. I'm having some nagging symptoms I'm hoping the NAD+ will address. It certainly worked to get me off. Getting closer to recovery. About 75% now.  

Correct me if I’m wrong for future references but doesn’t nad seem to help those tapering more than those who have been off for a while.  I did nasal and injection and and it didn’t really help much 

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2023 at 23:04, [[J...] said:

Correct me if I’m wrong for future references but doesn’t nad seem to help those tapering more than those who have been off for a while.  I did nasal and injection and and it didn’t really help much 

I'm way behind the 8 ball on these forums. So I'm jut seeing this now. 

Yes, NAD+ helps with tapering, and/or getting off the last bit (preferably at or below the equivalent of 5 mg diazepam). It can help those recently off (30 day or less). But it really hasn't been shown to be of any benefit to those in post-acute and/or protracted withdrawal.  

For those who used it to initially get off benzos;  boosting levels periodically throughout the recovery process, have been shown to assist with further healing. Shamo was one of the firsts to repeat NAD+ after his initial use of it. JLeDi went back for another round about a month later. So, if you've used NAD+ throughout the tapering process, and/or to jump at the end, follow-up treatments will continue to provide benefits. But if you have been off benzos more than 30 days, and you didn't use NAD+ to assist you in getting off, NAD+ is unlikely to be of any benefit.