Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sleep is horrible

[...]

Lately sleep has not been so well.  I do get some sleep during the night that I am very grateful for.  The nights usually go like this, I get to the point where I do get sleepy, so I'll try to go to sleep but my brain does not shut off and I toss and turn for a few hours.  When I finally fall asleep I'm awoken early morning, and usually from there I don't fall asleep again for the most part.  Today I was awake for a couple of hours and felt dead tired.

I can't take naps no more as well.  Quite frankly I see this as so ridiculous.  I know I've only been off for a little over 4 months, but 4 months is a very long time to deal with this, and all of the other symptoms, plus stress and activities from just daily life. 

Some peoples stories on here scare me to death.  Some have stated they have been as long as to 15-20 months off and have to deal with these symptoms.  That's not even humane.  Then in a couple of months I'll be forced to deal with all this and get back to life.  I'm really scared of when that day comes.  I just pray that sleep will come back to normal in a couple of months, Its been so long to where I could just come home and take a nap like a normal person, or just lay my head down and go to sleep at the end of the night, and not be scared, fearful and all these other miserable words to describe this.

Hi KD:

So sorry to hear your sleep is still messed up.  I think this is the remaining worse symptom for me as well.  While others post benzo tackle anxiety, DP/DR, muscle aches, and other stuff daily, you and I are in the category of insomniacs. 

I have kept a daily log throughout this whole taper and beyond.  I can see my sleep improvements in just the last few weeks.  I have trouble getting to sleep (if at all) and multiple wakeups during the nite.  But the past three weeks or so, I am falling asleep earlier. 

Please hang on -- you just might start to see some improvements very soon.  Do you keep a log on your symptoms?  This has helped me see some progress in the post benzo healing process.  I know what you mean about the fear at nite when trying to sleep.  This stuff has prevented me from making any morning commitments at all.  We will overcome this!! :thumbsup:

Keeping you in my prayers for sleepful nites ahead! :sleepy:

God bless,

Rocko

I am right there with you. I am 5 mos off and not sleeping at all. If I take benedryl I can sleep about 6 hrs on average. If I don't take it and use melatonin and tryptophan I can't seem to get much more than 2hrs of sleep and it is very light. I feel like I haven't slept at all. I am feeling very frustrated because I am worse now than in my taper. At least then the melatonin worked and I slept about 5 decent hours. I am trying to quit my daily 2 glasses of wine in hopes that my sleep will improve but the wine helps me relax. I've had it for so many years I don't know if it has made me worse or not. I am really struggling with giving it up. I just want some normal sleep. I have always had sleep problems but this is the absolute worst!!!

Kathi

I have had this for a little while now too. I must admit though i am getting up late because i cant seem to

fall to sleep until around 5- 6am.  It's a little frustrating but i know things will get better as time goes on.