Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I found something that actually WORKS

[ia...]

On 31/07/2023 at 07:46, [[B...] said:

Thanks for this reminder. I’m going to go back and try Kava and passion flower. I’ve been using herbs for many years but you have to know when to use them especially if you have adrenal fatigue.

I don't know what adrenal fatigue is so I'm looking it up this a.m. :)  I know I can't use Passion Flower, and not 100% about the Kava yet.  I've tried it twice and it does calm me so I can fall asleep but I had the itches this a.m. I also have pretty intense Environmental Allergies (pollen etc.) but no food allergies ;)

13 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Tried my new Mag Oil I mixed with Cera Ve, lastnight.  I think my sleep was helped, although I also did Kava.  I had the itchies this morning though, like hives but didn't get the welts.  I don't think I'll use it again, and just try the mag again, both this a.m. and before bed.  I had zero leg or foot cramps this a.m.  I usually have slight ones at least.  I also had zero burning, pain in usually my left toe last night while I was waiting to fall asleep, I usually get a little of that.  So it's possible the topical application of the Mag. helps even more than my daily capsules of mag (2xday).

Hope this helps someone else, and I'll keep you posted as I have only tried it one night so far ;) Denise

Yesss! SUCCESS! Thank you for the update! I'm THRILLED to hear this! We have to take these small wins! I mean ZERO leg or foot cramps? I'll take that! Will you continue to take the capsules also? Or stick to just the oil? Thank you for the info - I am definitely going to get me some of that oil! 

Sorry to hear about the Kava. Like you said, probably best to steer clear of it due to the reaction. 

• Like 1

I wanted Kava to work for me! Was hoping for something naturally calming. But it revs me up. I tried it on two separate occasions and it was very unpleasant, sadly. 

Valerian Tea is calming for me. (Also chamomile, but it has to be imported from Germany. The others do not have the same relaxing component; no idea why.)

At this point, which is 11 months off, supplements still don't agree with me. I take C, Magnesium, B12 and probiotics in Kefir and in chewable tablet form.

I accidentally added an extra C pill the other night. I thought, it's just C! What could happen? Well, a lot, as it happens. The next day was rough and it took me a couple of days to realize the only change was a little extra vitamin C.

But I'm in the sensitive phase. Things start bothering me while other things that used to bother me recede into the background. I used to also take D, Fish Oil, Calcium, E and more. No way could I do that now.

But it's okay. I'm getting better. Some day!

10 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Yesss! SUCCESS! Thank you for the update! I'm THRILLED to hear this! We have to take these small wins! I mean ZERO leg or foot cramps? I'll take that! Will you continue to take the capsules also? Or stick to just the oil? Thank you for the info - I am definitely going to get me some of that oil! 

Sorry to hear about the Kava. Like you said, probably best to steer clear of it due to the reaction. 

Hi audigirl ;) Yes, again lastnight and this a.m. no cramping, and no stingy/burning in big toe.  Yes I take my mag capsules each a.m. and p.m.  I know that sounds like a lot, but I adapted easily with no issues a couple years back, to the 1000 mg a day, started at 100mg  2 x per day though of Life Extension.  I just think the topical is absorbing so well, I am getting the extra I need, not 100% positive but nothing at all has been changed except using my home-mix of Cera Ve and mag.  As I mixed I did add in the Grape Seed part of Cera Ve, wasn't going to waste that ;)

I notice it is a little greasier since adding the mag oil, maybe a little too much. I did try to measure but no recipes suited me that I googled.  I'll take just a jab at trying to tell you how much I used.  I get the Cera Ve at 12 ounce size jar.  I measured out 1 ounce of mag oil in measuring cup.  It's a very thin oil, not thick like Olive Oil.  Probably great for adding to spray bottle if you wanted to go that route.  I feel it's to greasy for me but some people sware by it, probably sware a lot if it gets on their clothes or bedding :2funny:  It's kind of trial and error here, but next time I will just use the mag in my Cera Ve, w/o GS oil, and mix up separate part of Cera Ve w/GS oil, something like that:idiot: lol, good to see you today!! hugs, Denise :smitten::hug:

• 2 weeks later...

I used GTF chromium 200 mcg twice a day (one early evening, one at bedtime) for adrenaline rushes. It has worked really well for me. Former member pacenik told me about GTF chromium. It doesn't work for everybody, so YMMV. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2023 at 12:46, [[B...] said:

I used GTF chromium 200 mcg twice a day (one early evening, one at bedtime) for adrenaline rushes. It has worked really well for me. Former member pacenik told me about GTF chromium. It doesn't work for everybody, so YMMV. 

Lottie! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO! I have recently been experiencing adrenaline rushes or surges. (In my abdomen and goes up chest... does this sound familiar?). Thank you SO much for the recommendation I'm going to try this!

2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Lottie! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO! I have recently been experiencing adrenaline rushes or surges. (In my abdomen and goes up chest... does this sound familiar?). Thank you SO much for the recommendation I'm going to try this!

They used to wake me up at night, something others have had. Once I started the GTF Chromium, they got knocked down a bit, or delayed to later in the morning. I'm now down to just taking a single dose before bedtime. And it's relatively inexpensive. I had them really bad after jumping, I was having them randomly during the day, but they began to subside. Now they aren't much of a problem. Moving into month 5 of post-acute... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/08/2023 at 10:44, [[o...] said:

Tried my new Mag Oil I mixed with Cera Ve, lastnight.  I think my sleep was helped, although I also did Kava.  I had the itchies this morning though, like hives but didn't get the welts.  I don't think I'll use it again, and just try the mag again, both this a.m. and before bed.  I had zero leg or foot cramps this a.m.  I usually have slight ones at least.  I also had zero burning, pain in usually my left toe last night while I was waiting to fall asleep, I usually get a little of that.  So it's possible the topical application of the Mag. helps even more than my daily capsules of mag (2xday).

Hope this helps someone else, and I'll keep you posted as I have only tried it one night so far ;) Denise

Hi...  I just waned to touch on the magnesium a little bit.  You are onto something with the topical use of the magnesium.  You absorb magnesium more easily topically that taking it orally.  That is also why the epsom salt baths can help relax is our skin is absorbing the magnesium.  You can get magnesium sprays and magnesium creams that work well that are of good quality.  For magnesium by mouth I take magnesium L-threonate.  It is the only magnesium that crosses the blood brain barrier.  I have also started taking celtic salt, which provides my body with all the minerals including three types of magnesium's.  :)

• Like 1