Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Pain relief

[TH...]

Hey guys,

Any ideas as to what pain relief is best for muscle aches? I'm taking the obvious paracetamol and nurofen and some ibuprofen cream but I don't want to rely on them for months everyday. Is there anything else more natural? I've heard hemp cream? Or is there anything supplement wise that is good for pain relief? 

Most of my pain is in my chest. Don't worry, I've had like 3 ecgs, 2 x-rays etc and all is good. Just the pain is really bugging me and makes me not want to do anything. 

Thanks for any advice. 

The problem is adding medications and supplements onto an already sensitized central nervous system, we never know how we're going to react because what works for one may harm another.  Also something to consider with medications is, will they need to be tapered?  I'm not opposed to adding anything, just advising you to use caution and to start low and go slow.  Hopefully someone will stop by with their experience. 

Have you tried alternating heat and cold?  Very glad to hear you've had tests to rule out anything serious.  

Thanks Pamster

When you mentioned the heat and cold, do you mean like those packs you can freeze or microwave? I do have one so might have to try it. 

Really starting to get to me. On 13mg still, long long way to go yet. Hoping as I get lower the aching will get less but who knows. 

Thanks again

I was thinking about ice packs and a heating pad but however you can accomplish this is the goal.  I'm not a medical professional so I have no idea if this could help with your situation but whenever I've encountered muscle pain, I've gotten this advice from physical therapists so it might be worth a try.  

I hope others stop by with suggestions but if they don't, you might consider starting another thread with more specifics in the subject title. 

• 2 weeks later...

I started having muscle-aches in one leg, from just above the knee, down.  It does feel like years, and years ago when I had body aches from the flu.  It started yesterday at about 3pm and still bothering me this a.m. and it now almost 4a.m.

I haven't taken anything as I've learned a lot about wd sxs, and I really had very few so far.  Been tapering 6% per month is all, but I know I am getting a bit more sxs now, since last 3% taper (taper about every 2 weeks).  I did put some of my magnesium oil on my leg before bed lastnight but it really didn't do much if anything.  It's not full strength as I mixed it with my moisturizing cream so it wouldn't be to oily.  I'm going to get into a hot bath pretty soon with my Epsom Salt, and see if that helps.

I think this is very mild considering what some are going through, but I honestly thought I wasn't going to have any wd sxs if I went slow on the taper, but here I am, searching out threads about muscle aches :idiot: That's what I get for thinking ;)  I appreciate what @[Pa...] mentioned because I feel good about not taking anything orally trying to fix things.  I am believing the info I've heard, and read about sxs are my body healing itself, getting rid of toxins, whatever.

Anyway, I hope you are doing better @[TH...], let me know if you are up to it, have time, etc. Denise :smitten: PS I know about the hot & cold thing so the bath might work for the "hot" part, and I have just freezy gel-type packs in freezer I can try as well, thanks for that suggestion Pamster :)

Absolutely understand your concern about relying too much on over-the-counter pain relievers. Have you considered UTK far infrared heating pads ( https://www.utktechnology.com/ )? They utilize natural therapies like jade and tourmaline to provide relief and enhance wellness. They offer an ultimate and tremendous wellness-boosting experience. This might be an alternative worth exploring alongside your doctor's advice. And it's good to hear your medical tests are clear. Remember, though, consult a healthcare professional before making any changes to your pain management routine. Wishing you a swift recovery!

Did anyone try a digital physical therapy? Just read about it and became interested. I'm even thinking about addressing a sword health customer service via this site for more details. It is supposed that therapist uses sensor technology to deliver real-time feedback. All the movement data is then shared with the PT, who adapts the program based on actual performance.