Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Klonopin Taper Suggestion (Stuck at .50 MG)

[kl...]

I'm not saying it's not benzo related, I'm saying it's not related to the cut anymore. What that means is you don't need more time to stabilize from the cut. If you haven't stabilized from the cut yet, then it's unlikely you will in my opinion. But I got the impression you did stabilize and you are functional. But you are not functioning at the same level you were prior to this last big cut?

I’ve been back on accord for 5 1/2 weeks now and I’ve just noticed the last few days some things finally improving. I think I was starting to crash anyway before the switch, but just barely crashing and not major. But things went to hell when I got off of my brand and got worse and worse until I got back on my brand after two months. I mean I’m talking 30 or 40 symptoms I have never experienced in my life when I started switching brands around, like I was. I had no choice because I couldn’t find a cord, but I tried Teva, then I tried a Liquid compound, and all the while was continuing to make a cut, and I literally thought I was gonna die. Did not know it was possible to feel that bad and still be alive. I noticed some relief the very first week back on accord but then my body went into another tailspin, and I think that was just resolving and working through the hits that my brain sustained the previous months. A lot of physical symptoms are starting to get better in the last week, including my weight coming back, blood pressure normalizing, some windows that I haven’t had in a while. Last two days had major mood Improvement. It’s too early to say if it’s a trend, but let’s put it this way. I was getting worse and worse on the other stuff. Some people transition well to other brands, I do not. Unfortunately accord is still on back order and there’s no way of knowing when that will end but I do have enough to last me another five months and the pharmacist has promised they have four months left for me after that so I’m hoping that gets me through the back order. I will say the cuts you made are dramatic, and while I don’t doubt that the brand change could affect you, and I know everyone is different, but you have cut 75% of your nose and he made a 50% reduction it looks like. That would kill me. I have reacted to 3% reduction’s before but I am hypersensitive.  The brain can only heal as fast as the brain can heal.

@[je...]so if I’m understanding the damage from the big cut was done. Now I need to deal with that as I continue a slow cut. Can healing happen on the way down? Do some people on here spend a lot of time holding and then continue their tapers?

If you feel your symptoms are debilitating and you are not coping you can try to updose. There's no guarantee that it will work, it's a gamble. I personally don't think it's the right course of action for you but I do want to remind you of the option because I don't know the severity of your symptoms. 

Thanks @[je...]maybe I will try and hold here a little longer. I wish I would have found this site prior to my taper. The 1MG of clonazepan is really deceiving and was a reason I always thought I was on a relatively low dose.

15 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

Have you had any luck with over the counter medicine for migraines or pain?

Were you prescribed benzo's for migraines?

I've had migraines for over 20 years now. Over the counter stuff never worked for my migraines. Sometimes prescription meds don't touch it either. 

Pain - depends what pain. Sometimes ibuprofen works for inflammation type of pain.

• 6 months later...
[Ch...]
On 27/07/2023 at 20:49, [[K...] said:

I am following as I am also looking at ways to taper slowly down from 0.5 mg of k. I am not feeling well on it and experience a lot of fatigue, depression, and lack of motivation. Is indecision a symptom of this medication? I cannot seem to decide how to proceed....

SAME… how are you?

[Ko...]

@[Ch...]I am now on valium 5.75 and don't feel that much different than when I was on .5k except motivation and fatigue are worse.  Compared to some, I guess I'm not doing too badly.

• Like 1